No announcement yet.

Dan Hocker's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let me know if you have some and how badly "dinged" they are.

Comment

Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
      Let me know if you have some and how badly "dinged" they are.
      Remind me again in a week, once I'm sure I'm through all the orders for them (I'll never remember) lol.
      CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
      Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
        Remind me again in a week, once I'm sure I'm through all the orders for them (I'll never remember) lol.
        Yeah, me too! And just $75? Defintely let me know. I'll come up with the cash somehow if you have any even if I have to dip into the bank.

Comment

Originally posted by Grant Wootton View Post
          Sounds like a bitch mate, but you'll get through it As regards Knowing Darkness - there ain't nothing ordinary about the unsigned edition either, no question at all. The only differences between the two are (a) the big arsed case it comes in (b) the insert of prints that aren't included in the "regular" edition and (c) the signature pages. Signatures are well and good, however, the AE cannot be handled as you would a "standard" book - you need to be freaking Arnie S to lift that damn thing, and then you have the issue about dropping it, scuffing it, et al ... Much better off with the standard if you really want to "appreciate" the art for what it is
          Yeah, it really is a bitch. I fell of some rafters and ended up with a couple badly herniated discs (lucky I didn't go paralyzed). But the discs won't "pop" back in and they're thinking I might need a fusion. I'm going to another neurosurgeon next week to try something new instead of steroid injections and hopefully that'll work because he pain is so intense it's almost unreal.
          Anyway, you don't get a case with the regular edition? I love cases!! I wish every limited from CD would come with a slipcase. And I wouldn't mind paying extra for it either. They just look so much nicer with a slipcase. And extra prints too?? Man, I want the limited! But I can't justify paying damn near a grand for it. I could buy 3 King limiteds for what I'd pay for the signed edition of Knowing Darkness (well maybe 2 and a signed trade). Maybe the best thing for me to do is forget about the entire book lol.

Comment

Originally posted by theenormityofitall View Post
            Anyway, you don't get a case with the regular edition? I love cases!! I wish every limited from CD would come with a slipcase. And I wouldn't mind paying extra for it either. They just look so much nicer with a slipcase. And extra prints too?? Man, I want the limited! But I can't justify paying damn near a grand for it. I could buy 3 King limiteds for what I'd pay for the signed edition of Knowing Darkness
            Siep here. Hope you don't mind me butting in.
            Yes, you'll be getting a case either way: slipcase with the regular edition, traycase (plus extras) with the signed edition. The remarque was optional.
            In case you're interested:

http://forum.cemeterydance.com/showt...ull=1#post5278

sk

Comment

Yep, both editions are cased. The limited is in a huge (and that's a understatement) traycase, and comes with an extra book that only has the artwork in it (no text), and the "gift" (for lack of a better term) edition is slipcased, and is still huge...

Instagram

Comment

The onlybad thing about this book is it really is so huge that it won't fit on even my "tall" book shelves without me sacrificing another full shell above. It's a bit of a storage problem, but as they say, a nice problem to have.

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
                  Siep here. Hope you don't mind me butting in.
                  Yes, you'll be getting a case either way: slipcase with the regular edition, traycase (plus extras) with the signed edition. The remarque was optional.
                  In case you're interested:

http://forum.cemeterydance.com/showt...ull=1#post5278

sk
                  Wow you have this book frik? Awesome pics. That really makes me want it now! But because both are slipcased or traycased, I'm going to go for the "regular" edition when I have the cash. I'm still trying to pay on Books of Blood and He is Legend by Gauntlet that King signed. I need money!!! Anyone out there with a helping hand? Please don't make me beg.
                  I have a ton of books not just by King, but a lot of authors I know someone would be interested in!! I'm defintely not putting them on ebay anymore with all their damn fees. I may as well be giving them away.
                  BTW frik, you still have UTD signed limited for sale? Any type of trade you'd be interested in, or cash only? Hell if it's cash, the only way would be layaway and people don't like that, so I guess I wasted my time even asking lol.
                  Last edited by theenormityofitall; 11-02-2011, 09:32 PM.

Comment

Well, you remembered about Shivers V, so you deserve some credit there Dan.

Comment

Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
                      Well, you remembered about Shivers V, so you deserve some credit there Dan.
                      Ahh but I only remembered because I saw you mention not having it in a different thread.

Instagram

Comment

Yep, both editions are cased. The limited is in a huge (and that's a understatement) traycase, and comes with an extra book that only has the artwork in it (no text), and the "gift" (for lack of a better term) edition is slipcased, and is still huge...
                        That's even more of a reason to get the trade...not as big. I really don't have anywhere to put my books anymore. I literally have none on bookshelves...those are reserved for my couple tons of non-fiction....my collectible stuff I keep in a couple closets in 4 huge plastic boxes and all my King stuff is now so large, the spare bedroom is covered with limited editions on the bed and all kinds of other King stuff (including even more King limiteds and signed trades), are in two "sets" of chest of drawers, and I'm even running out of room there. I have to get rid of some but it's just so damn hard. I even have all kinds of art prints I bought here from CD as well as more King stuff and other signed limiteds on a big table in the basement. I even had to order a humidifier lol.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                          The onlybad thing about this book is it really is so huge that it won't fit on even my "tall" book shelves without me sacrificing another full shell above. It's a bit of a storage problem, but as they say, a nice problem to have.
                          But just do as I do...yeah, it's great to have them on shelves so everyone can see them and I hope to do that someday if I ever get out of this house, but in the meantime, you could keep your huge books like I do with my SODs volumes, under a chest of drawers. They won't fit anywhere else. I hate that, but I have no choice at this point.

Comment

I've got one of each. I have to leave the traycased edition in its shipping box because I just don't have room anywhere for it. It IS a beautifully produced volume.

John

Comment

Originally posted by theenormityofitall View Post
                              BTW frik, you still have UTD signed limited for sale? Any type of trade you'd be interested in, or cash only? Hell if it's cash, the only way would be layaway and people don't like that, so I guess I wasted my time even asking lol.
                              No, just the Dutch limited hardcover. As it says in my signature, numbered, not signed.
                              But it's in Dutch, obviously.

sk

Comment

Ahh but I only remembered because I saw you mention not having it in a different thread.
                                My ears pricked up there. There's not still some copies of Shivers V in the warehouse is there? My copy (I'm sure I ordered it) has also gone walk about. The picture in my collectors thread just looks wrong without it!
                                http://www.armadillorecords.co.uk - I've finally updated it.

Comment

Working...
                                X