Clear All

• Hedda Gabler
    replied
    Who is F-stop Fitzgerald?

Leave a comment:

• frik51
    replied
    Originally posted by srboone View Post
    You planning on moving to KC, friend Siep?
    Haha, I wish...
    I've often thought of where I'd want to live in the US.
    I think my first choice would be San Francisco.

sk

Leave a comment:

• TerryE
    replied
    Nice new collection thread here Dave. Wow!, and I thought my shelves were full.

Leave a comment:

• TerryE
    replied
    Originally posted by Joe315 View Post
    I've always wanted the floor to cealing bookcases with the ladder attached to it.
    My next house... I want my library to be 2 stories on one side, with the roof slanting down to 1 story on the other. And a nice Victorian style tower on the outside corner, with a spiral staircase leading up to a small reading room. I can dream.

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    I have a movie room (if you can call a 73" TV big enough for that). I set it up with a nice surround sound system and banished all kid toys from it. Now my wife watches NJ Housewives (or whatever it's called) and I'm here on CD. It has a nice long wall (20 feet or so) that is completely unused right now. Even my wife liked the idea of floor to ceiling bookshelves on that wall, so that may be my winter project.

We also want to reclaim most of our office and turn it into a nice reading room for the winter. We found out that what we thought was just a badly-smoking wood-burning fireplace is actually already set up for gas, so we're getting a gas insert, a nice comfy couch, and banishing the treadmill and kid toys from the room.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    No movie room currently, but when I move into my new place towards the end of next month, I'm thinking of setting up my digital projector on a permanent basis.

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    You planning on moving to KC, friend Siep?

Leave a comment:

• frik51
    replied
    You're welcome to use mine, Squire!

sk

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    Film rooms are important too, Siep (at least I think so)! Alas, I have neither...

Leave a comment:

• frik51
    replied
    I don't really have a reading room, but I do have a film room.
    Could function as both, I guess, except for the fact that my books are displayed somewhere else..

sk

Leave a comment:

• peteOcha
    replied
    I dream of a reading room as well. The perfect man cave!

Leave a comment:

• Teriw
    replied
    your books haven't already been banned to the basement? and wasnt it you who said you'd have to take back your sons bedroom to do that? lol

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    I am thinking about adding a reading room down in the basement over the summer.Move my book cases down there and add more also might be able to show off my art work then.So what else ya got to show us.

Leave a comment:

• Joe315
    replied
    I've always wanted the floor to cealing bookcases with the ladder attached to it.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I reckon quantity is as good as quantity any day of the week mate - totally on board with the built in bookshelves too - awesome idea (but difficult to sell to the missus)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X