Blu Gilliand's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blu Gilliand's Collection

Hey guys! I've been admiring many of your collections on this forum for quite some time, and thought I'd finally get around to sharing my own humble "library." It's a mix of everything from battered old paperbacks to a couple of higher-end collector's items, so hopefully everybody will see something they like. Anyway, I figured I'd kick it off with the two that are probably the rarest, most "collectible" things that I own.

First up: Copy #229 of Six Stories by Stephen King:

SixStoriesCover.jpg

SixStoriesSignature.jpg

I was able to get this when it was first published thanks to a postcard from the George Beahm mailing list - I sent in a check ($80, I believe) to reserve my copy, and it showed up a while later. I really didn't know what I had at the time, but it's a cherished piece now!
    Visit my horror/crime fiction blog October Country.
    Stalk me on Twitter: @BluGilliand.

Excellent, Blu! That's one I don't own myself!
    Can't wait to see what else you've got to show us...

sk

Comment

Real nice. Looking forward to more.

Comment

Next up: Copy #800 of Grant's signed, numbered, traycased edition of Prime Evil.

PrimeEvilSignature.jpg

PrimeEvilSignature.jpg

I worked at a comic book store in college, and the owner spent a weekend away at a convention (Dragon*Con in Atlanta, I think). He won this in a raffle there. He brought it back and handed it to me, saying, "I can't think of anyone who'd appreciate this as much as you." Needless to say, he still stands tall as my favorite boss ever!
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Blu Gilliand; 04-27-2012, 01:57 PM.
        Visit my horror/crime fiction blog October Country.
        Stalk me on Twitter: @BluGilliand.

Comment

Another treasure! This is gonna be a great thread!!

sk

Comment

Both of those look great!
            WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
            Spoiler!

Comment

Great posts! Love to see more!
              "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Fantastic start to the thread Blu - both are incredible books !!!!
                Last edited by Grant Wootton; 04-26-2012, 03:47 AM.

Comment

Love what I see! And that sure is one great boss you had!

Comment

Hate this new guy already.

Comment

Then he is acceptable! (But here's been around for a while, just not a mapcap poster like us.)
                      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

He's a lurker with only 39 posts I think it was when I first saw him. So that makes him new.

Comment

Blu's been here from the start, just not a big poster.

Comment

Oh, Blu, two great pieces to start the thread. I still kick myself for passing on "Six Stories" when it was first released. My boss at the comic store was never that generous, but was a great guy.
                            "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Impressive Blu, two posts into a new collection thread and you already have an 'I Hate Chu'. Congratulations are in order. Thanks for starting a new collection thread, looking forward to seeing more!

Comment

Working...
                              X