• Show
Clear All

• Tito_Villa
    replied
    Nice pic and is that you? Great hair!

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    Thanks for the excellent story, Blu (and the Borderlands 5)!

Leave a comment:

• peteOcha
    replied
    Great stuff! Really like your edition of Borderlands and the cool story with Jill Thompson! Man I'd love to work in a comic shop!

Leave a comment:

• Teriw
    replied
    Your ] got deleted off the edge of the attachment code thingy.

Leave a comment:

• Blu Gilliand
    replied
    Hmm, don't know why the images are attached sometimes and embedded others - sorry! (Guess that's what I get for being a "lurker!" LOL)

Leave a comment:

• Blu Gilliand
    replied
    I've seen a lot of Neil Gaiman stuff in these threads, so along those lines I'll add this:

DeathDrawing.jpg

This is by Jill Thompson, who illustrated a lot of Gaiman's Sandman stories. The inscription reads: "Blu - You got what everybody gets....you got a lifetime." (It's a quote from Sandman.)

The story behind it is that we hosted her at a signing at the comic shop I worked at in college. She was extremely nice and cool to spend time with, and did sketches for everyone who worked there. After the signing we all took her to dinner and then went to this factory owned by the family f one of my co-workers. She wanted to see it to take some photos for reference, so we spent half the night roaming around this big place, which was operational at the time but closed for the night. At one point we were all on the roof talking, and she was taking pictures and sketching like mad. It was a great night.
    Last edited by Blu Gilliand; 04-27-2012, 01:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• frik51
    replied
    Another one I don't have yet.
    Excellent!!

sk

Leave a comment:

• Blu Gilliand
    replied
    Okay up next I've got the signed/numbered/slipcased edition of Borderlands 5:

BorderlandsCover.jpg

BorderlandsSignature.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Tito_Villa
    replied
    You have some fantastic books though!

Leave a comment:

• Blu Gilliand
    replied
    Thanks for the warm welcome, guys (and, er, TeriW). I hope to post some more tonight - but be warned, it's all downhill from here!

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Wow I'm very envious of your "Six Stories"! Great book.

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    Great stuff and we ...well accept for terri love everything from the old paperback to the highly collectable.Very good stuff.Looking forward to lots more.
    Originally posted by Blu Gilliand View Post
    Hey guys! I've been admiring many of your collections on this forum for quite some time, and thought I'd finally get around to sharing my own humble "library." It's a mix of everything from battered old paperbacks to a couple of higher-end collector's items, so hopefully everybody will see something they like. Anyway, I figured I'd kick it off with the two that are probably the rarest, most "collectible" things that I own.

First up: Copy #229 of Six Stories by Stephen King:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7410[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7411[/ATTACH]

I was able to get this when it was first published thanks to a postcard from the George Beahm mailing list - I sent in a check ($80, I believe) to reserve my copy, and it showed up a while later. I really didn't know what I had at the time, but it's a cherished piece now!

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Impressive Blu, two posts into a new collection thread and you already have an 'I Hate Chu'. Congratulations are in order. Thanks for starting a new collection thread, looking forward to seeing more!

Leave a comment:

• TerryE
    replied
    Oh, Blu, two great pieces to start the thread. I still kick myself for passing on "Six Stories" when it was first released. My boss at the comic store was never that generous, but was a great guy.

Leave a comment:

• peteOcha
    replied
    Blu's been here from the start, just not a big poster.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X