No announcement yet.

Blu Gilliand's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great stuff and we ...well accept for terri love everything from the old paperback to the highly collectable.Very good stuff.Looking forward to lots more.
    Originally posted by Blu Gilliand View Post
    Hey guys! I've been admiring many of your collections on this forum for quite some time, and thought I'd finally get around to sharing my own humble "library." It's a mix of everything from battered old paperbacks to a couple of higher-end collector's items, so hopefully everybody will see something they like. Anyway, I figured I'd kick it off with the two that are probably the rarest, most "collectible" things that I own.

First up: Copy #229 of Six Stories by Stephen King:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7410[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7411[/ATTACH]

I was able to get this when it was first published thanks to a postcard from the George Beahm mailing list - I sent in a check ($80, I believe) to reserve my copy, and it showed up a while later. I really didn't know what I had at the time, but it's a cherished piece now!

Comment

Wow I'm very envious of your "Six Stories"! Great book.
      Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome, guys (and, er, TeriW). I hope to post some more tonight - but be warned, it's all downhill from here!
        Visit my horror/crime fiction blog October Country.
        Stalk me on Twitter: @BluGilliand.

Comment

You have some fantastic books though!

Comment

Okay up next I've got the signed/numbered/slipcased edition of Borderlands 5:

BorderlandsCover.jpg

BorderlandsSignature.jpg

Comment

Another one I don't have yet.
              Excellent!!

sk

Comment

I've seen a lot of Neil Gaiman stuff in these threads, so along those lines I'll add this:

DeathDrawing.jpg

This is by Jill Thompson, who illustrated a lot of Gaiman's Sandman stories. The inscription reads: "Blu - You got what everybody gets....you got a lifetime." (It's a quote from Sandman.)

The story behind it is that we hosted her at a signing at the comic shop I worked at in college. She was extremely nice and cool to spend time with, and did sketches for everyone who worked there. After the signing we all took her to dinner and then went to this factory owned by the family f one of my co-workers. She wanted to see it to take some photos for reference, so we spent half the night roaming around this big place, which was operational at the time but closed for the night. At one point we were all on the roof talking, and she was taking pictures and sketching like mad. It was a great night.
                Last edited by Blu Gilliand; 04-27-2012, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Hmm, don't know why the images are attached sometimes and embedded others - sorry! (Guess that's what I get for being a "lurker!" LOL)

Comment

Your ] got deleted off the edge of the attachment code thingy.

Comment

Great stuff! Really like your edition of Borderlands and the cool story with Jill Thompson! Man I'd love to work in a comic shop!

Comment

Thanks for the excellent story, Blu (and the Borderlands 5)!
                        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Nice pic and is that you? Great hair!

Comment

TeriW - Thanks! That fixed it right up.

Tito - Nah, that's not me. I'm a man, man! LOL That is actually Jill's version of the character "Death" from the Sandman comics.

I hope to get some more stuff up this weekend.

Comment

Arrr sorry about that man man!

Comment

Love the Death portrait. I always liked Jill's stuff. My little guy really liked the Scary Godmother stories that she did for ... Dark Horse? And the Borderlands is another one that I'm missing.

Wasn't working at a comic store one of the best jobs ever? Even though the pay stunk, it was good for college days for me too.
                                "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Working...
                                X