No announcement yet.

Menace's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool story Menace. I began reading King in high school and he remains one of my favorite writers. My first limited purchase was Legacies, signed by King, and I have been fortunate enough to see him live once. I understand what you are saying, however you have an impressive collection. Enjoy your quest for a King singed book.
    Originally posted by Menace View Post
    When I was in school I hated to read unless it was a comic book. Some 300 page book with no pictures what the heck is that crap and how could anyone actually enjoy that. Well when I was 18 I was home alone , no money, bored out of my skull because I had nothing to do. My sister was a big reader and had a paperback of The Stand on the end table in the living room. The cover of the book drew me in and I thought why not if I didn't like it I only wasted 5 minutes. Well I picked it up and started reading and next thing I knew 3 hours had gone by I was totally drawn into the story I could not believe how visual a book without pictures could be. I could see every little detail in my head better than if I sat in front of the tv watching a movie. I was hooked from then on in. I looked for every Stephen King book I could fine to read I couldn't get enough of it. I started reading and writing because of Mr. King. So 30 years later and Stephen King is still my favorite author so that is why a signed Sk would be a benchmark to my collection and is why my collection feels meager without it.

Comment

Is they a certain book you would like signed?

Comment

Originally posted by Tito_Villa View Post
        Is they a certain book you would like signed?
        The Stand or It as they are my 2 favorite books would be my first choice. I almost had my hand on a limited Under the dome but lost the bidding in the last 30 seconds on ebay. But actually any SK signed limited edition book would be a fantastic book for me to have.

Comment

I was asking so i can keep an eye out for a decent priced copy for you. The Stand and IT might be hard to come by though, and won't be cheap either. Have you read the new book 11/22/63 ? It's a great read and i bet if you look you could find a good deal on ebay on a signed 1st!?

Comment

I like all the Lebbon in your collection.

Comment

Originally posted by Tito_Villa View Post
              I was asking so i can keep an eye out for a decent priced copy for you. The Stand and IT might be hard to come by though, and won't be cheap either. Have you read the new book 11/22/63 ? It's a great read and i bet if you look you could find a good deal on ebay on a signed 1st!?
              On I know The stand and it will not be cheap and hard to fine but that is my if I win the lottery dream I will buy them. I am also thinking about getting a second job for a month or 2 just to get the money to buy one. I haven't read 11/22/63 yet waiting on it to be shipped with the slipcase ..its not signed though.

Comment

Comment

Very cool adds Menace

Comment

A Few more

Comment

The last of them until the ones on order come in. All thes stephen king books are first editions and about 60% of them were defaced by my exwife by either writing in them or ripping out pages . some she torn up so they are not there. Looking to replace all the ones she ruined.

Last edited by Menace; 03-06-2012, 07:35 PM.

Comment

That cover on "British Invasion" was also used on "Brighton Shock" and I said on my collection thread that I love that cover!
                        "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
                          That cover on "British Invasion" was also used on "Brighton Shock" and I said on my collection thread that I love that cover!
                          It is a great cover.

Comment

Forgot a couple

Comment

Excelent stuff.Keep this meger collection comming.Really I only have one signed King.You have some stuff I would like to get a hold of one day.

Comment

Have you read 'Gunpowder' by Joe Hill? One of my favourite novellas!

Comment

Working...
                                X