No announcement yet.

Joe315's Colleciton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picked up these while I was in Chicago the last couple days. I got both at a Half Price Books.

The Postman by David Brin

Comment

Haunted by Chuck Palahniuk. Came with a post card, a flyer from the event, and a COA. The COA was from an ebay seller but neat none the less.

Comment

Awesome items. I've always wanted to read The Postman.
        Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

I actually haven't read it yet but I heard it was good recently, and then I came upon this copy for $10 at HPB and just said what the hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe315 View Post
            I actually haven't read it yet but I heard it was good recently, and then I came upon this copy for $10 at HPB and just said what the hell.
            Very cool. I'm jealous of you folks that have HPB's around.

Comment

Originally posted by copefiend2 View Post
              Very cool. I'm jealous of you folks that have HPB's around.
              None down your way or just too far away?
              WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
              Spoiler!

Comment

Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
                None down your way or just too far away?
                None around. I'm not sure where the closest one is but I don't think they are in Florida.

Comment

Looking at their website shows me you are right. There are a large number of them in Texas, though. Maybe you should take a trip there, lol. Or you could open one in Florida
                  WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                  Spoiler!

Comment

Like those books. No HPB here either.If there was I could really get into trouble with the misses.

Comment

Got this in the mail today. Nice production. Can't wait to read it. Still on the original novel, about half way to go.

A little hard to see but there is a biohazard symbol embossed in the cover.

Comment

This is why I'm not a huge fan of the USPS. It seems like they throw things around.

Comment

Just got my "dinged" copy of Knowing Darkness. Only the slightest of bumping to the slipcase. Just seeing pictures of this doesn't do justice to how big this thing is. I'm lovin' the CDCC. Certainly worth the investment and I don't think I will pass on the opportunity in the future.

Last edited by Joe315; 11-04-2012, 12:39 AM.

Comment

Very nice. Knowing Darkness is a very cool book, is huge, and is a great addition to your collection. Congrats. The Marvel collection looks great as well. I love the marbled red covers.

Comment

The Stand omnibus was a lot better put together then I thought. This is the first marvel collection I have so maybe thats the norm.

Comment

Cool adds, Joe! Too bad about the uSPS package. Is the Stand comic arc complete? Are they through with it? The reason I didn't get the DT omnibus is that they were still creating story arcs for it.
                                "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Working...
                                X