No announcement yet.

Joe315's Colleciton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ifound this pic of Greg Bear's signature online.

"I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Apparently, that's how he signs his books. His middle name is Dale, tho.
      "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I know its real but it's weird that he uses GMM instead of GB or GDB. I thought maybe that Bear was a nom de plum and the initials represent his real name.

Comment

Not as far as I know.
          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

The picture that Squire posted makes it look a little more like he writes the "B" on its side making it look like an m. But the rest of the first name looks nothing like "-reg" or "-regory". And I thought my signature was illegible.
            "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

the one squire posted could look like that. if he happens to be a left its very likely that is a sideways B since some of US lefties turn the paper sideways to make it easier to write. I've never written sideways because of it but I can see someone doing it. but the sig in joes book seems like pretty damn clear M's

Comment

Bear being a leftie makes sense. Signing with a B on its side would prevent smearing and make it easier to do signings in mass.

Comment

Good call, TEri! Me being a rightie would never have thought of that.
                  "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I always write sideways. The paper I mean not the actual writing. Seems easier...I know a lot of lefties that twist their wrist funny instead but iunno how they do it. Would cramp me right up.

Comment

Just got this in the mail today. The Candle Man by Alex Scarrow. This is a limited edition he does. It comes with a piece of the manuscript.

0cf8214c.jpge997a462.jpgb66569cb.jpgfb7a2b3b.jpg

Comment

Also received The Key by Simon Toyne, book 2 in the Sanctus trilogy. Also pictured is Sanctus.

8f381bde.jpg8ae293ef.jpg4643ad05.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Joe315 View Post
                          Just got this in the mail today. The Candle Man by Alex Scarrow. This is a limited edition he does. It comes with a piece of the manuscript.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7448[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7449[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7450[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7451[/ATTACH]
                          That is really cool. I think that is the best hand written script I've ever seen from an author. Very impressive!
                          Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

I know if I tried to write that way I would have gone through 50 envelopes before getting it right.

Comment

Nice additions.

Comment

Most excellent acquistions, Joe! TheThe Candleman set is really neat!
                                Last edited by srboone; 04-26-2012, 01:15 AM.
                                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Working...
                                X