Leave a comment:

• Teriw
    replied
    If I hadn't found CD I think i'd be ok. lol

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    Originally posted by Teriw View Post
    I know, even though I regret not getting it, I still can't. Short on funds. Trying to buy a house and I literally have no money saved yet because I keep buying books even though its clear which one is more important. Thank god my boyfriend has some money saved, I'm hoping to manage the closing costs myself and I keep buying damn books. I need help...lol.
    We all need the help.Maybe we should start BBA.Book Buyers Anonamos.

Leave a comment:

• Teriw
    replied
    I know, even though I regret not getting it, I still can't. Short on funds. Trying to buy a house and I literally have no money saved yet because I keep buying books even though its clear which one is more important. Thank god my boyfriend has some money saved, I'm hoping to manage the closing costs myself and I keep buying damn books. I need help...lol.

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    Teri I saw your post in my collection thread and wanted to let you know the new Rocky Wood SK unpublished is still available on the overlook connection web site.Do not know for how much longer preorders are being taken.

Leave a comment:

• Teriw
    replied
    I don't have to hold my ereader at all. I lay in bed on my side n lean it against a pillow. Ir at work I just sit it on my desk.

Leave a comment:

• RJK1981
    replied
    Originally posted by Teriw View Post
    I just find the books aweward to handle when trying to read them. That's all.
    Ah, I personally prefer to hold a hardcover book typically, though not as convenient sometimes

Leave a comment:

• Hedda Gabler
    replied
    Nice collection, neat bookcases. Every journey starts with a single book.

Leave a comment:

• Teriw
    replied
    I just find the books aweward to handle when trying to read them. That's all.

Leave a comment:

• RJK1981
    replied
    I agree on the reading. As long as you are careful about it, lol. The quality is much much better than what the mass market books. It's usually pretty obvious when a large HC book from the big companies has been read. The same book coming from a company like Cemetery Dance will still look marvelous

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    Very nice start.I agree that no collection is to small or to large to share.I can only echo what others have said.This is a very disfunctional family of fun loving book loving maniacs.Welcome aboard.I have only been collecting for 4 years and You will be surprised at how fast your collection will grow.I do have to disagree with you on
    reading your books.That is what they are for to take down look through and read and enjoy.I used to feel like you when I started collecting but as the books came I started to realise how great the quality was,and how much I enjoyed reading them as opposed to just looking at them.Give it time and you will understand.Great start I look forward to seeing more.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Teri, it is a slippery slope. I began collecting books by buying first edition hardbound copies of new Stephen King books on the day of release, When I got the anthology 999 featuring a king story I noticed that the copyright page said 'previously published in a limited edition by cemetery dance'. I little Google search and a lot of money later here I am. With that said I cherish my books and cannot imagine not having them.

Leave a comment:

• Teriw
    replied
    Theres not a single non SK on that shelf and there won't be until Pure arrives which I only bought to sell later if the movie is a success, and the watchmen of course which I will never read because I can't do Graphic novels. I prefer to see it in my own head thanks. I will however have no choice but to read the DT graphics. I will be purchasing the Marvel Omnibus when I get around to it. It's not exactly top on my list right now. I dont even know if I have a copy of the wind through the keyhole coming because I asked my boyfriend to get me the artist edition from DMG and I have no idea if he did. I don't read my books though, not anymore. They're there to be pretty and collectable not to be read. That's what my sony E-Reader is for and it includes everything SK has published, unlike my bookshelf.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
    The only problem I see is too many Stephen King books. HAHAHA!!!
    MDH
    Nah, no such thing as too many SK books, paricularly as Teri's a bit of an SK aficionado

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    The only problem I see is too many Stephen King books. HAHAHA!!!
    MDH

Leave a comment:

Working...
X