X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
    Right.
    Unfortunately, I've only got the numbered edition:

Very nice book, of course, but that lettered edition is the one I really want.

sk
    My copy is to Randall Flagg and in the note line it says Tithe
    Rich DeMars

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

I think the ultimate for me would be a first print, first edition of The Hobbit, before it was edited to fit more comfortably with the LoTR series. Though some first edition or signed copies of Dracula, Frankenstein or The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde would be pretty damn cool too. Unfortunately I'm not rich so...

Comment

A couple of mine are on the way, S/N Cujo and Christine.
        I'd also like a S/N Firestarter and Skeleton Crew.
        Last edited by subie09lega; 03-27-2013, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Excellent!!

Comment

I don't have many Holy Grails in my collection, but last year I happened upon a "second state" first edition of Salem's Lot at an antique store for $15. My heart skipped a few beats, to say the least. Perhaps only a "first state" dust jacket would be worthy of this thread, but since there are only four or so of those known to exist (from what I've read), I'll take the ~$800 second state for less than twenty bucks as an amazing find!

Comment

That is definitely worthy of this thread, nice pick up!
              Originally posted by Michael Wehunt View Post
              I don't have many Holy Grails in my collection, but last year I happened upon a "second state" first edition of Salem's Lot at an antique store for $15. My heart skipped a few beats, to say the least. Perhaps only a "first state" dust jacket would be worthy of this thread, but since there are only four or so of those known to exist (from what I've read), I'll take the ~$800 second state for less than twenty bucks as an amazing find!

Comment

A GREAT buy! Congratulations!

John

Comment

Pictures?!
                  "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

The Easton Press editions of The Phantom of the Opera and Lair of the White Worm

Comment

The EP treatment of The Lair of the White Worm certainly made the reading experience much more enjoyable!
                      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I forgot to mention I want a copy of Sleeping Beauty by The Burns Archive

Comment

After much thought on this subject my choice would be a signed first edition of The Martian Chronicles. As I have said many times that is the book that got me hooked as a reader.To own a first edition signed by the man himself would be the greatest.

Comment

I read that in my first year of high school, I remember it blew me away at the time. Oddly enough I don't think I've read any Bradbury since though.

Comment

Managed to order EP's edition of The Lair of the White Worm, but couldn't get the man to let me order The Phantom of the Opera, even though they still have them in stock. Oh well, I'll try again in a couple of days.

Comment

'Salem's Lot 1st/1st

The New Lieutenants Rap limited editon

Comment

Working...
                                X