X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brian861
    replied
    Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    On Thursday, I got my first order from VJ Books. They were have a literal fire sale, and they had a few signed 1st Greg Rucka novels that I didn't have, so I picked those up at a pretty fair price after the 40% off coupon.

And then yesterday, my wife's anniversary present arrived.

I bought her a new iPad Pro, a keyboard case, and the new Apple Pencil. Ordered everything from Best Buy. It was shipped on Thursday, and arrived yesterday. UPS placed the box into our secure parcel locker we have at my apartment. When I got home, I decided to give K her presents two weeks early. I cut the tap, open the box and see basically trash has been used for packing material. Scraps of cellophane and the such. And then I realize what I'm looking at. The product boxes, while in the shipment box, are all empty. The iPad was opened, and removed. The keyboard case, opened and removed. The Pencil, opened and removed.

I then realize that the security tape was cut and then retaped with plain packing tape.

I'm beyond PISSED.

Best Buy wasn't super helpful last night when I called - because of the high dollar amount, it has to be reviewed for fraud and they'll get back to me.

$1500. They better make this right.

I also filed a claim with UPS (not sure what that will do.)
    Wow, Jason! That's horrible. Hopefully they get it sorted for you and Katie will have her gifts on time.

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    On Thursday, I got my first order from VJ Books. They were have a literal fire sale, and they had a few signed 1st Greg Rucka novels that I didn't have, so I picked those up at a pretty fair price after the 40% off coupon.

And then yesterday, my wife's anniversary present arrived.

I bought her a new iPad Pro, a keyboard case, and the new Apple Pencil. Ordered everything from Best Buy. It was shipped on Thursday, and arrived yesterday. UPS placed the box into our secure parcel locker we have at my apartment. When I got home, I decided to give K her presents two weeks early. I cut the tap, open the box and see basically trash has been used for packing material. Scraps of cellophane and the such. And then I realize what I'm looking at. The product boxes, while in the shipment box, are all empty. The iPad was opened, and removed. The keyboard case, opened and removed. The Pencil, opened and removed.

I then realize that the security tape was cut and then retaped with plain packing tape.

I'm beyond PISSED.

Best Buy wasn't super helpful last night when I called - because of the high dollar amount, it has to be reviewed for fraud and they'll get back to me.

$1500. They better make this right.

I also filed a claim with UPS (not sure what that will do.)

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    I bought too many things, all of which arrived at once.

The Invention of Sound - signed by Palahniuk
    A couple of books from a Labor Day sale
    A couple of books signed by Bradbury
    New Joe Abercrombie
    And my big box of stuff from Cemetery Dance (gotta save on that shipping)

And I'm not even home to open the boxes this weekend...

Leave a comment:

• c marvel
    replied
    I found a Centipede Press trade paperback, Phantom Lady by Cornell Woolrich, for $7.71. I know the book isn't in perfect condition, at that price I couldn't resist. ~Cap

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Based on Sadie Hartmann's review on Cemetery Dance Online, decided to pick-up The Loop by Jeremy Robert Johnson. Received it in the mail yesterday. Pretty cool dustjacket, especially for a trade hardcover. The colors really make it pop. Am excited to give it a go and will probably begin it after finishing Tim Lebbon's "The Silence", which I am currently reading.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X