Post Your Latest Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    You meant books Right ?. Had to get one more in before I leave town for the week.
    Shameless! Both of you!!HAHAHAHA!!!!

Comment

Awesome set of books!

Comment

121 is one I really want to add to my collection one of these days. Preferably in paper, but e-book is fine too - it takes up less space, but doesn't really have the same feel to it - know what I mean?

Also, I too love the look of the Crimson Guard books.

Haven't had many recent purchases myself - waiting for some deals, and trying to save some cash. Plus, have a few pre-orders, and a decent amount of books I have to read still.

Comment

All good reasons to be frugal!
          MDH

Comment

Here's the "orange" proof (one of about 200 copies). Yeah, I know I posted this above, but I want to keep them all together.:

Here's the "blue" proof (one of about 50 copies):

And the in-house proof (one of about 20 copies):

Front:

Back:

I got the okay from the seller to post these.

John

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Very nice, couldn't have been cheap!

Comment

They weren't, but they weren't as expensive as this guy wants:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/130941829456...84.m1423.l2649

John

Comment

That was the price that popped into my head.

Comment

I wonder how much was offered. He's declined two so far.
                      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I would price the set at between $800 and $1000 at the most.

John

Comment

This is why I'm glad I've never been bitten by the King bug! I'd be broke all the time! HAHAHHA!!!
                          MDH

Comment

Originally posted by jhanic View Post
                            I would price the set at between $800 and $1000 at the most.

John
                            That's more reasonable.

Comment

That's crazy - I don't think I would spend that kind of cash (whether or not I had it) on something. With all due respect to those who collect whatever it is they collect, but for me I just couldn't justify it. I seriously couldn't think of anything off the top of my head that I would spend that kind of money on as a collectible/showcase type of item.

Comment

TJ makes a valid point. I think all of us have had to grapple with the cost of buying our books. I’m frankly astounded at the prices that G.R.R. Martin’s Subterranean Press/Meisha/Merlin books are commanding, especially in this economy. Every collector has to make that call for themselves. I will owe up to laying out about $500.00 (the most I've ever spent on a book) for Savage Tales of Solomon Kane (Limited Edition) Wandering Star, with a truly fantastic Remarque. I’m sure to some folks think I really over paid, but for me, though it was well above what I would consider reasonable, I consider it a great deal for a pretty unique item. I guess all you can do is try to budget and TRY not to go over the cliff!
                                MDH

Comment

Working...
                                X