Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RonClinton
    replied
    2023 Triumph Scrambler 1200 XC. It'll just be a pretty paperweight until Spring hits, but sometimes the perfect bike at the perfect deal doesn't come at the perfect time.

scrambler.jpg

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    The Manly Wade Wellman John The Balladeer from Valancourt Books came into day. Like the cover art. I got the case laminate hardback. Completely serviceable, I was hoping for a new Intro/forward. I'm still waiting for the Haffner Press edition which is also supposed to be shipping soon. It seems that will be a much larger collection. http://www.haffnerpress.com/book/the...the-balladeer/

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    I had previously read The Dog Stars but hadn't read The Hunger. I randomly read about five paragraphs the other day and liked the writing style so I am looking forward to reading it. Glad to know it's a good read.

Originally posted by brlesh View Post

And both books were great reads!

B

Leave a comment:

• brlesh
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    These just came in from Camelot Books. I've been lightly collecting lately but couldn't pass on either of these editions. LP knocked another one out of the park and SST always provides great production value for the price point. Thrilled to add both of these to my collection.
    And both books were great reads!

B

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    These just came in from Camelot Books. I've been lightly collecting lately but couldn't pass on either of these editions. LP knocked another one out of the park and SST always provides great production value for the price point. Thrilled to add both of these to my collection.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Hermit
    replied
    I recently received my copy of Chasing the Boogeyman. I purchased it after making the opportunistic purchase of Becoming the Boogeyman after one of those "bribery" newsletter emails lol
    Ive not started reading it yet as im currently in the middle of a book, then I need to decide which of my pile of TBRs to start next.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
    Just ordered Midworld's The Atlas of Hell by Nathan Ballingrud. Sounds like a very interesting collection of Short Stories.
    It’s a great collection of stories. I was interested in the Midworld collection, but my budget got brutalized this last week with two Centipede titles, three Thunderstorm books, and my copy of SST’s DAPHNE by Malerman through Camelot.

Maybe if copies hold out I’ll be able to snag a copy. I wanted the lettered, but $700 books are just out of the question.

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Just ordered Midworld's The Atlas of Hell by Nathan Ballingrud. Sounds like a very interesting collection of Short Stories.

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    My copy of Club Dumas just got here. Beautiful Book. The Subterranean Press Ed is on the right.
    Dumas 5 r.jpg

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Excellent!!

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Beautiful home, and those built-ins are stunning...this is truly the house that was waiting just for you...glad you found it, and congratulations.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Congrats my friend. It is a beauty.

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    These shelves don't even stand a chance - they are going to get FILLED up so fast!

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    I'm just joining in to add another "congratulations!" to the mix. That is a nice looking house. To be honest, I'm much more of a dark wood kind of guy, but those pictures of the inside of the house, especially those beautiful built-ins, have got me rethinking my stance. So beautiful! I'm also a sucker for french doors so that entry into the kitchen is right up my alley as well. I'm joining Jeff in the "jealous" category! Congratulations again!

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    These shelves don't even stand a chance - they are going to get FILLED up so fast!
    WOW! Beautiful house. Congratulations! I am adequately jealous. 

Leave a comment:

• brlesh
    replied
    Holy shit guys - I did it.

I bought a house. A HOUSE!

We closed yesterday (I piloted the first 100% digital mortgage with my credit union too) and got the keys. IT HAPPENED!

Here are some pictures - let me tell you - this place has an ABSURD amount of storage, and some of the most beautiful built-ins I've seen in a house.
    94f396219f3bc83cb2f3430d75ed9f8e-uncropped_scaled_within_1536_1152.jpg

989626_2_0.jpg
    989626_7_0.jpg
    There are more built-ins down the hallway with the bedrooms. There's also a 75% finished basement with more bookshelves (not built-ins but the previous owner did a HELL OF A JOB mounting a bunch of book shelves.

This house checked every box we had and then some.

So yeah - this finally happened.
    Congratulations!

Great looking house and those book shelves are awesome!

B

Leave a comment:

Working...
X