Post Your Latest Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jhanic View Post
    I remember buying that set when it first came out in 1998 from Waldenbooks. Cost then was $99, a real bargain even then.

John
    14 years, $201 difference...what was I doing in 98? I think I was in bootcamp or "A" school for the Navy...
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Yesterday i finally completed the big 5 Stephen King UK 1st's by winning a real nice copy of Night Shift, can't wait to get it in my hands

Comment

Contratz, Tom! That really is a prize!
        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Excellent Tom, very pleased for you indeed !!!! I've been looking for NS and Carrie to round out my collection of UK 1st editions, and both are as scarce as hens teeth - congrats !!!!!

Comment

You are right there, been looking for one of these for months!

Comment

HPIM1383.jpg
              Three good ones! Falling Angel, Centipede Press, Savage Tales of Solomon Kane, Wandering Star, Magician Out of Manchuria, Donald Grant. The Kane completes my Wandering Star set. What a fantastic book, with Extras. Falling Angel, an all time favorite. And finally Charles Finney, the Old China Hand, 15th Inf Regiment. Now, I'm pretty much broke for awhile. HAHAHA!! Really good finds though.
              MDH

Comment

Looks awesome. Great finds indeed! But we all know how the "broke" thing goes around here!
                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I can echo that. I've got that Falling Angel edition too. I haven't read it, but loved the movie Angel Heart. And as we all know, the book will be better than the move.
                  "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Smart buys!

Comment

Finally got my Whelan print framed and up at the top of the stairs ...

Also after a hell of a long time searching for a copy in my budjet i have got a fantastic copy of UK Night Shift 1st which also completes the big five (and Rage & the Dead Zone) of the UK 1sts

Comment

It looks to be unread and its only flaw the 1/2 inch closed tear on the top right of the dustjacket

Comment

Good job!

Comment

Beautiful artwork, Tom! And nice catch on the NS!
                            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Nice looking Night Shift. Congrats
                              "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Awesome catch Tom, that NS looks fairly much pristine, particularly considering the age and printing quality back then - well done mate !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X