X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brian861
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post

I have seen books with this type of jacket before but it has been a long time. Never liked and still don't. I do not need another copy but I believe this one is identical to yours but with the signature. From the description "Signed edition with exclusive green edges".
    Ah, that's what I get for not reading into it further. But we all know I'm better at listening

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian861 View Post

Good looking out. I ordered the one about via their newsletter. Not sure how I'll feel about needing the signed copy. If it has the sprayed edges, maybe.

That's odd about the B&N jacket. Can't recall that I've seen that done before.
    I have seen books with this type of jacket before but it has been a long time. Never liked and still don't. I do not need another copy but I believe this one is identical to yours but with the signature. From the description "Signed edition with exclusive green edges".

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post

Your post made me curious if they had a signed edition in the UK. Turns out Waterstones will be doing one but it is not yet available.
    https://www.waterstones.com/book/gre.../9781472283375
    Good looking out. I ordered the one about via their newsletter. Not sure how I'll feel about needing the signed copy. If it has the sprayed edges, maybe.

That's odd about the B&N jacket. Can't recall that I've seen that done before.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Here's the UK equivalent of the McConaughey book. I wanted this edition due to the sprayed edges. It's not signed though.

IMG_5745.JPG

Your post made me curious if they had a signed edition in the UK. Turns out Waterstones will be doing one but it is not yet available.
    https://www.waterstones.com/book/gre.../9781472283375

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Did the B&N not have a full jacket? I know you posted but don't recall.
    The B&N dust jacket is about an inch and a half shorter than the book.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Did the B&N not have a full jacket? I know you posted but don't recall.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Here's the UK equivalent of the McConaughey book. I wanted this edition due to the sprayed edges. It's not signed though.

IMG_5745.JPG

It has a full size dustjacket as well.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied

IMG_5745.JPG

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
    A blast from the past, Underwood/Miller’s 1987, three volume set, The Selected Stories of Robert Bloch, The Final Reckonings, Bitter Ends and Last Rites. The set came with a slipcase. This one is number 44 of 500. I wasn’t really looking for this one, but glad I saw it.
    Bloch 1.jpgBloch 2.jpgBloch 3.jpgBloch 4.jpg
    That's a nice looking set! Congratulations!

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Hi Ron,
    That was the one, we went back and forth, I ended up paying $150.00 but it was worth to me, especially since it had the slipcase. I looked at other options, including the Citadel Twilight trade paperbacks. The price on some of those are in excess of $60.00. I've passed on a bunch of things lately, but this one made sense to me. By the way, I just bid on one of your books LOL!!
    Made great sense...Bloch is one of the very best, and this is a fantastic representation of that talent.

No kidding? Small world. :-) I’ll watch for your name and throw in a bonus book for you!

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Hi Ron,
    That was the one, we went back and forth, I ended up paying $150.00 but it was worth to me, especially since it had the slipcase. I looked at other options, including the Citadel Twilight trade paperbacks. The price on some of those are in excess of $60.00. I've passed on a bunch of things lately, but this one made sense to me. By the way, I just bid on one of your books LOL!!

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Massively, massively jealous, Mike. There was a set on eBay for a while -- maybe that's the one you popped on? -- for $149 or $139, maybe even with a Best Offer, and it sold very recently. I came so close to sending him an offer in order to replace the trade HC set I have with this signed, slipcased set, but I just couldn't get in the right mindset. I'm trying now to sell books now to make shelf room, and the thought of an upgrade seemed to counter to what I'm trying to achieve (and, honestly, not doing to well with) I just couldn't do it. Congrats, and enjoy -- again, jealous...and as a huge Bloch fan, I'm kinda kicking myself now, but if this is indeed that eBay set, I'm glad it went to a good home.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    A blast from the past, Underwood/Miller’s 1987, three volume set, The Selected Stories of Robert Bloch, The Final Reckonings, Bitter Ends and Last Rites. The set came with a slipcase. This one is number 44 of 500. I wasn’t really looking for this one, but glad I saw it.
    That is a fantastic find, congratulations!

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied

Leave a comment:

• c marvel
    replied
    Yesterday, I got the latest Earthling Publications Halloween title One Who Was With Me by Conrad Williams so this is now 15 books in their Halloween series. I also received The Wench Is Dead by Fredric Brown. It's a Centipede Press unsigned hardcover. It includes TWID and 12 other stories. The last book I got yesterday is Dispersion by Greg Egan. Yesterday was receive a book in the mail day and nobody bothered to tell me.....

Cap

Leave a comment:

Working...
X