X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Splync
    replied
    Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
    I actually don't have a problem with his style. He's a good writer and easy to read. There's just no point to his stories. A writer who's style I can't STAND is CJ Tudor. She recently posted a teaser for her next book on her Twitter account and it featured a snippet of her writing that is exactly the stuff I HATE.
    Her style definitely took some getting used to in The Chalk Man. I wanted to love the book, but was disappointed by the end. It wasn't a bad book, by any means, but it managed to find an underwhelming answer to each plot thread.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    I actually don't have a problem with his style. He's a good writer and easy to read. There's just no point to his stories. A writer who's style I can't STAND is CJ Tudor. She recently posted a teaser for her next book on her Twitter account and it featured a snippet of her writing that is exactly the stuff I HATE.
    Here’s a pic of that tweet. 47938E49-F01B-4E5B-9F0B-0459F61B5088.jpg

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Good story you should give it a try. Of course it is still written in his style which obviously isn't your cup of tea.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Good story you should give it a try. Of course it is still written in his style which obviously isn't your cup of tea.

That actually makes me feel better about coming across Bentley Little in my house. I may actually read it!

I appreciate it, Dan! I knew the risks when I signed up. And it is a beautiful book.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    I think they are very nice for the price paid also and I'll be collecting all of them.

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    Yesterday, the mailman brought me CD's edition of A Head Full of Ghosts. This is my first book from their Graveyards line, and it's a beauty. I'm not normally a fan of this style of book (the Easton Press books are not attractive to me) but you know what, this thing is pretty nice looking. Completely different than SST's version, but still gorgeous in its own way. Great job CD! It's so shiny that it's difficult to get a good picture of (well, at least in my kitchen.) It's a really great looking book, especially for the price paid.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    This cracked me up. Well at least Jeff now can read one the the best Bentley Little short stories ever written
    That actually makes me feel better about coming across Bentley Little in my house. I may actually read it!

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    I wish I could say this was intentional, but I didn't touch these grab bags. Also I'm a nice guy and would've avoided Bentley for Jeff... lol
    I appreciate it, Dan! I knew the risks when I signed up. And it is a beautiful book.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
    Thinking Little (and Dan) had the last laugh here:

I wish I could say this was intentional, but I didn't touch these grab bags. Also I'm a nice guy and would've avoided Bentley for Jeff... lol

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied

This cracked me up. Well at least Jeff now can read one the the best Bentley Little short stories ever written

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied

I came to say the same thing! A lot of fun right there.

My boxes came as well. I ordered two of them and got the hardcover of CD Magazine's Joe Hill Special, Dog Days O' Summer, and the screenplays for Viva Las Vegas and One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. Excellent additions to my library!

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    Yesterday, the mailman brought me CD's edition of A Head Full of Ghosts.

This is my first book from their Graveyards line, and it's a beauty. I'm not normally a fan of this style of book (the Easton Press books are not attractive to me) but you know what, this thing is pretty nice looking. Completely different than SST's version, but still gorgeous in its own way. Great job CD!

IMG_1327.jpg IMG_1328.jpg
    It's so shiny that it's difficult to get a good picture of (well, at least in my kitchen.)

IMG_1329.jpg IMG_1330.jpg

It's a really great looking book, especially for the price paid.

Leave a comment:

• slayn666
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    Beautiful. I’m chagrined to say I don’t own any Charnel House Books. Almost picked up THE NEW NEIGHBOR back in the day, but never did. They did (do?) lovely books.
    I have that one. It's up on eBay pretty regularly for $100 to $150 if you still want to get it. Hell, a recent copy went for less than half that.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Beautiful. I’m chagrined to say I don’t own any Charnel House Books. Almost picked up THE NEW NEIGHBOR back in the day, but never did. They did (do?) lovely books.

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    I just got my copy of Ellison Under Glass, published by Charnel House. A beautiful book. I only went for the $200 version

Ellison_Under_Glass_sm.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    I’m not very familiar with her work, either, but the sheer variety of the stories in this collection sounded intriguing and was distinctly less SF than some of Sub Press’ other BEST OF collections of SF masters, so thought I’d give her a try. Picked it up earlier today, and though as usual there was no packing material it arrived miraculously in pristine condition.
    I look forward to hearing your thoughts on it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X