Post Your Latest Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks everyone.

Ben Staad espresso is a fun little hobby. Like all hobbies, there are very deep, and very expensive rabbit holes to fall down. I'm eyeballing a new grinder but am having a hard time finding THE ONE for the price I want to pay. It's hard to contemplate spending that kind of money.

I've only read the first few Expanse books - LOVED THE HELL OUT OF THE SHOW and would recommend it to anyone who has a remote passing interest in sci-fi.

Sock Monkey - this set along with my Suntup Misery are probably some of the more tempting "would you sell it for $xx.xx" books I have because the current prices are bonkers, and it would be very tempting.

Comment

Got a couple of books this week -

First up is Centipede Press's edition of The Spirit of the Place and Other Strange Tales by Elizabeth Walter. I'm not familiar with her but the book's description sounded interesting, and you can rarely go wrong with a book from CP.

20220909_002742272_iOS.jpg20220909_002802270_iOS.jpg

Secondly, I got the fourth volume in Josiah Bancroft's Books of Babel series. I believe I've only read the first two, but I do own a matching set from Subterranean Press.

20220910_144837580_iOS.jpg20220910_144852185_iOS.jpg
      (Excuse the glare - Brodart covers are super shiny.)

I do especially like the little bonus that's been part of each book - two tickets (part of the story.)
      20220910_144943413_iOS.jpg

Comment

Received these little PB's today. The size of these made me remember how much I loved those digest sized books back in the day. My favorite was the Alfred Hitchcock one which I had a subscription to.

Ron K DHP Chaps.jpg
        Attached Files
        Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Those are really cool. Congrats!

Comment

Thanks!

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
            Those are really cool. Congrats!

Comment

Not my thing, but I thought some of the more ardent Joe Hill fans might be interested in this new signed/numbered edition of Robert Louis Stevenson's The New Annotated Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde -- Numbered Edition, out of 250 — $150.00 Lettered Edition, out of 26 — $275.00:

https://www.mysteriousbookshop.com/p...eid=f261cb3751
              Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                Not my thing, but I thought some of the more ardent Joe Hill fans might be interested in this new signed/numbered edition of Robert Louis Stevenson's The New Annotated Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde -- Numbered Edition, out of 250 — $150.00 Lettered Edition, out of 26 — $275.00:

I believe you can get the unsigned edition for $40.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

I have this. it is a real nice addition.

Comment

I know we have some Sword of Shannara fans, so I wanted to share one of today's thrift store finds. I remember when this first came out and I think my original copy is packed up somewhere. The foldout by the brothers Hilderbrandt is really nice. SS1a.jpg

Comment

This is what came in the mail between Saturday and today. The "IT" and Pennywise were a raffle win, the Fracassi is signed from VJ books, and the card is the Deena Warner Halloween card.

Mail Call.jpg

Comment

Very Cool Ben! I love the little knitted Pennywise!!

Comment

Thanks. I like it as well. I'm a sucker for items like that.

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                          Very Cool Ben! I love the little knitted Pennywise!!

Comment

Travelled to see our kids for Thanksgiving. No trip is complete unless I find an interesting Bookstore. Fortunately I stumbled on The Cactus Wren Book Exchange in Yucca Valley, CA. It was a neat little store, checked all of my Bookstore boxes and I found several neat books, including The Knightly Martial Arts by James Wallhausen.

Bookstorea.jpgBookstore 2a.jpg

Comment

Hi Guys, my Copy of Tailchaser's Song arrived today. I purchased it from Grim Oak Press during their holiday scratched and dinged sale. The only issue I see is a smeared stamp mark on the signature page, that is pretty minimal in my estimation. It is signed, but not numbered. I'm very pleased. Thanks for the great deal Grim Oak Press!
                              Tad W. A..jpg

Comment

Congrats! Looks great.

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                                Hi Guys, my Copy of Tailchaser's Song arrived today. I purchased it from Grim Oak Press during their holiday scratched and dinged sale. The only issue I see is a smeared stamp mark on the signature page, that is pretty minimal in my estimation. It is signed, but not numbered. I'm very pleased. Thanks for the great deal Grim Oak Press!
                                Tad W. A..jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X