Post Your Latest Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
    Got this in the mail yesterday. Very nice job from Grim Oak Press.
    Very nice! I forgot that I ordered this and didn't remember until I received the shipping notice from Grim Oak. I have a forwarding address on file with the post office, but it was still delivered to my old address. Working with the USPS to see what can be done. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

Very nice! I forgot that I ordered this and didn't remember until I received the shipping notice from Grim Oak. I have a forwarding address on file with the post office, but it was still delivered to my old address. Working with the USPS to see what can be done. Keeping my fingers crossed.
      Hope this gets fixed for you. This is why I can never move LOL!!

Comment

I've always enjoyed the history around WWII and of course became more interested after watching Band Of Brothers. So every once in awhile I pick something up from Valor Studios. This is a trade copy of Hang Tough with bookplate signatures from Earl McClung, Al Mampre, and Brad Freeman of Easy Company. Happy to add this to my collection.

Hang Tough Cover.jpg

Hang Tough Book Plate.jpg
        Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Thunderstorm Edition of The Saga of Dead Eye Volume 1.

I need to fix my brodart! LOL

Dead DJ.jpg

Fantastic Marbled Papers. They have a gritty feel to them. Very nice.

Dead Eye Marbled.jpg

Naked Book:

Dead Eye Naked.jpg

Sig Page #1:

Dead Eye Sig Page.jpg

Sig Page #2 with Remarque:

Dead Eye Remarque.jpg

Comment

Very cool. I like the remarque!

Comment

Thank you. I think it's cool as well.

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
              Very cool. I like the remarque!

Comment

You Can't get Cowboys and Dinosaurs out of the Boy, no matter how old that boy is LOL!!

Attached Files

Comment

That's Gwantastic!
                  Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

mhatchett Those look fantastic together. Congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                      mhatchett Those look fantastic together. Congrats.
                      Thanks guys!

Comment

I think I first saw this on Reddit and decided I had to have one. I didn't realize that this sticker isn't quite the one that Michael Whelan designed, but it's too late now, it's on my car.

20220528_004934781_iOS.jpg

Comment

Looks great. KA is a wheel.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                            I think I first saw this on Reddit and decided I had to have one. I didn't realize that this sticker isn't quite the one that Michael Whelan designed, but it's too late now, it's on my car.
                            Looks good! If you were in Massachusetts you could say "I have a Ka on my cah".

Comment

Hahahaha

Comment

I previously posted in the Random Thoughts thread about acquiring a book to complete a set I've been working on and it arrived yesterday. I was finally able to track down a copy of the Algernon Blackwood volume of Centipede Press's Library of Weird Fiction. I paid more than what I set out for with these titles as I hoped to stay in the $200-$250 range and was able to do so for Hodgson, Poe, and Lovecraft if I remember correctly. The Blackwood volume has always been out of reach, hovering at the $600 mark. I was able to get this copy for a few bucks shy of $400 including shipping from Germany. While it was way out of what I wanted to pay, I just don't think this book is going to get any cheaper in the long run.

Eagle-eyed people will notice that I am still missing the Aickman volume from the set. As of right now, my thoughts are only to collect the titles that I do not have a corresponding Masters of the Weird Tale volume. I don't collect multiple editions of the same book and the overlap of contents between the Library and Masters series are close enough to give me pause. I am having second thoughts about that course of action, but right now I'm sticking strong.

Anyways, VERY happy to finally have this set completed.

Comment

Working...
                                X