Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RonClinton
    replied
    Cool stuff...that framed print looks great (love the art!), and I’ve never seen that paperback edition before.

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Picked up a nice Australian Paperback copy of The October Country. Threw a theater card into an old frame I had. Have a Great Sunday.

Leave a comment:

• goathunter
    replied
    Originally posted by Splync View Post

I believe the same applies to the plastic bags that some publishers (such as Sub Press) ship their books in, right?

At least that is what I had been hearing over on TDT. It made me paranoid and go through all of my books a few weeks back, removing any such bags and shrinkwrap.

Thankfully there was no mold or damage to any of my titles, even the older ones. It also pushed me to start archiving my books on a spreadsheet!
    I've been putting my books in comic bags for almost 40 years. I've never had an issue. The comic bags are not airtight like shrinkwrap might be. But I also don't expose my books to a lot of humidity or heat.

I keep them in plastic bags to keep the dust off of them. I shudder to think what 40 years of dust would do to the books.

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post

What I can tell you is that maybe 5-8 years ago (I don't remember where we got them from) we had about 4 or 5 cases of the gift edition of Insomnia. Which was published back in the early 90's. These books where still in their shrink wrap after all those years, and they had spotted mold all over them. Ever since then I tell everyone to remove these things from the shrink wrap. We don't even store out books that come in shrink wrap in their shrink wrap anymore. Once we ship them out any extras we keep get the shrink wrap removed before they're put into storage.
    I believe the same applies to the plastic bags that some publishers (such as Sub Press) ship their books in, right?

At least that is what I had been hearing over on TDT. It made me paranoid and go through all of my books a few weeks back, removing any such bags and shrinkwrap.

Thankfully there was no mold or damage to any of my titles, even the older ones. It also pushed me to start archiving my books on a spreadsheet!

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Jeff has definitely taken very good care of the stuff he sales.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X