Post Your Latest Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Congrats. That looks nice and it's a great piece for the collection.
    Thanks Ben! I have a few things I want to get framed before I retire, because it's some damn expensive LOL!!

Comment

Yep. It is over the top expensive. I try and catch Michaels when they are having a 50% off sale. It happens a few times a year I think.

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post

Thanks Ben! I have a few things I want to get framed before I retire, because it's some damn expensive LOL!!
      Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Framing is just ridiculous! The last two things we got framed (somewhere in this thread) we got done at Michael's and lucked into a 70% off weekend, otherwise it would been about $1300 for the two pieces we got done.

I really wished I knew how to do it, but if I had the time to learn, I'd probably learn to make slipcases for books instead. Seems more management and I know I need/want a lot of slipcases and they don't up as much room as framing all of my art.

Comment

Yep. I am out of wall space anyway. So I have three of four things that I would like to frame however there is no room left in my library. Its been very difficult not buying a few items, which I really wanted, but I know I have nowhere to put them. Saved on the initial purchase and the framing! Woot!

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
          Framing is just ridiculous! The last two things we got framed (somewhere in this thread) we got done at Michael's and lucked into a 70% off weekend, otherwise it would been about $1300 for the two pieces we got done.

I really wished I knew how to do it, but if I had the time to learn, I'd probably learn to make slipcases for books instead. Seems more management and I know I need/want a lot of slipcases and they don't up as much room as framing all of my art.

Comment

Received Bryan Smith's THE LAST OF THE RAVAGERS today completing my Thunderstorm/Death's Head Splatter Western set. Volume 1 of this series is complete, but it sounds like the two publishers are teaming up for another 13 book set.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
              Received Bryan Smith's THE LAST OF THE RAVAGERS today completing my Thunderstorm/Death's Head Splatter Western set. Volume 1 of this series is complete, but it sounds like the two publishers are teaming up for another 13 book set.
              Congrats, I really like those but I went the paperback route. Well done!
              Last edited by mhatchett; 05-10-2022, 12:08 AM.

Comment

Congrats, I relly like those but I went the paperback route. Well done!
                Thanks! I debated a long time about whether to jump on this set, because the paperbacks are nice and almost seem to be more fitting format for this line of books. Obviously, I broke down and went this route, picking up one a month through Thunderstorm and I'm glad I did as I like them quite a bit.

Comment

Nice. Completed my set today too.

Comment

Very nice. Love the cover art on those.

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

Comment

I've made it about 1/3 through the collection and it's solid so far. It has a young authors feel to it with a little raw grittiness in the stories. On a side note I think I came across this book because someone was going to do a limited of it.

Does anyone else have this recollection or am I misremembering things? Otherwise I have no idea how I came across this book or author.

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post

Would love to hear a review of this once you have read it. That blurb from the intro by Michael Marshall Smith has me very close to picking this one up.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                        I've made it about 1/3 through the collection and it's solid so far. It has a young authors feel to it with a little raw grittiness in the stories. On a side note I think I came across this book because someone was going to do a limited of it.

Does anyone else have this recollection or am I misremembering things? Otherwise I have no idea how I came across this book or author.

Don't know about a limited edition, but, I remember first hearing about this one in a Subterranean Press direct email. They were not publishing it, but, wanted to point it out as a book they were excited about from a new author. They also pointed out the Michael Marshall Smith intro, and I am a huge fan of his stuff; so, my interest was immediately peaked. Glad to hear that it is good so far. Hope it stays strong as it is still on my radar for sure.

Comment

Maybe that is what I was reading. Thanks for replying. At least I'm not completely nuts. LOL

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post

Don't know about a limited edition, but, I remember first hearing about this one in a Subterranean Press direct email. They were not publishing it, but, wanted to point it out as a book they were excited about from a new author. They also pointed out the Michael Marshall Smith intro, and I am a huge fan of his stuff; so, my interest was immediately peaked. Glad to hear that it is good so far. Hope it stays strong as it is still on my radar for sure.

Comment

Got this in the mail yesterday. Very nice job from Grim Oak Press.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Congrats. I've admired their work from a distance.

Comment

Times like this I wish I was into fantasy because Grim Oak really seems to put out some nice editions...congrats on adding one to your collection.
                                Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Working...
                                X