No announcement yet.

Post Your Latest Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice -- I picked up that same Kelly book and received the same(ish) remarque...pretty entertaining first installment of what is, as I recall, supposed to run to four or five volumes.
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Thanks and congrats to you as well. Looking forward to reading this story. I somehow forgot all about this series and didn't get in on the Thunderstorm series.

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
      Nice -- I picked up that same Kelly book and received the same(ish) remarque...pretty entertaining first installment of what is, as I recall, supposed to run to four or five volumes.
      Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Got a big pile of books from my King's Way Press lifetime subscription yesterday. 27 hardcovers and paperbacks.
        Last edited by saginawhorror; 04-12-2022, 02:34 PM.

Comment

saginawhorror Looking fantastic.

Comment

Picked up another PB. Maybe it's a trend?

Burn the Plans by Tyler Jones:

Burn the Plans Cover.jpg

BTP Sig.jpg

Comment

This Charles Addams print, used for the cover of From the Dust Returned Ray Bradbury, arrived today. I love it!

Comment

Fantastic art. Will you be getting that framed?

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                This Charles Addams print, used for the cover of From the Dust Returned Ray Bradbury, arrived today. I love it!

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                  Fantastic art. Will you be getting that framed?

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                    Picked up another PB. Maybe it's a trend?

Burn the Plans by Tyler Jones:

Burn the Plans Cover.jpg

BTP Sig.jpg
                    Would love to hear a review of this once you have read it. That blurb from the intro by Michael Marshall Smith has me very close to picking this one up.

Comment

I know that it's not fancy or limited, but, I just picked-up the new Don Winslow, City of Fire, and am very excited to read it. Anytime a new Don Winslow book is released is a reason to celebrate as he might be my favorite (living) crime writer (with James Sallis a close second).

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
                        I know that it's not fancy or limited, but, I just picked-up the new Don Winslow, City of Fire, and am very excited to read it. Anytime a new Don Winslow book is released is a reason to celebrate as he might be my favorite (living) crime writer (with James Sallis a close second).
                        I think the first Winslow book I read was The Winter of Frankie Machine, and I was hooked. Every book I read by him was fantastic, so when The Force was coming out, I ordered a signed copy. That book read like he wrote it in a week to fulfill a contract. It was just awful. I wanted to throw the book across the room when he had native New Yorkers saying things like "Take the 95 North to the 4 West". No one outside of SoCal would ever say "the 95", or "the 4". He also pulled in every cop cliche ever written.

Everything since then has been up to his usual high standard, so I'm looking forward to reading City of Fire.

Comment

California Fire & Life!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post

I think the first Winslow book I read was The Winter of Frankie Machine, and I was hooked. Every book I read by him was fantastic, so when The Force was coming out, I ordered a signed copy. That book read like he wrote it in a week to fulfill a contract. It was just awful. I wanted to throw the book across the room when he had native New Yorkers saying things like "Take the 95 North to the 4 West". No one outside of SoCal would ever say "the 95", or "the 4". He also pulled in every cop cliche ever written.

Everything since then has been up to his usual high standard, so I'm looking forward to reading City of Fire.
                            The only book (save for a surfer mystery I read so long ago I can't recall anything about it) I've read of his is, of course, that "awful" book, THE FORCE, and while it started strong I was also unimpressed, and decided he just wasn't for me, contrary to the love many have for his body of work. I couldn't figure out what I was missing that everybody else saw. Maybe with the above in mind, I'll have to give him another shot...maybe.
                            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Just back from the framer! How could I pass up Ray Bradbury, Halloween and Signed. Sorry, and of Course, the cat HAHA!! ABradbury Print.jpg

Comment

Congrats. That looks nice and it's a great piece for the collection.

Comment

Working...
                                X