Post Your Latest Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Martin View Post

You may already be aware of this, or you may have no interest but there are copies of the ARC out there.
    Thanks Martin, I've got my eye on one of those, but you know, hope springs eternal HAHA!

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post

Thanks Martin, I've got my eye on one of those, but you know, hope springs eternal HAHA!
      Good luck! I double checked to make sure I did not have two, unfortunately I am of no help on your quest.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

Good luck! I double checked to make sure I did not have two, unfortunately I am of no help on your quest.
        Martin your best wishes are always appreciated! Thanks!

Comment

Lucked out NOT having to buy something today. My iPhone's charging port has been fighting me for awhile now, and the other day it just finally stopped working. Planning for the worst (having to buy a new phone) I visited the local Apple Store and they cleaned out the port (SO. MUCH. LINT. GROSS.) and it works like new now.

Less learned - clean your damn charging ports people!

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
            Lucked out NOT having to buy something today. My iPhone's charging port has been fighting me for awhile now, and the other day it just finally stopped working. Planning for the worst (having to buy a new phone) I visited the local Apple Store and they cleaned out the port (SO. MUCH. LINT. GROSS.) and it works like new now.

Less learned - clean your damn charging ports people!
            I had that same issue with my last iPhone (a 7, just upgraded to 13), and had the same solution. Battery life still sucked, but at least it charged like new.
            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

My battery seems to be doing okay. Since I haven't been able to charge it at night (the cord won't stay in,) I've been leaving it on the wireless charger at my desk at work, and while I'm home, it's just "free".

So grateful it was just lint. It's an 11 Pro which isn't old, definitely not new, but I have been trying to not be on the OMG HAVE TO UPGRADE NOW train that so many people are on.

Comment

My battery seems to be doing okay. Since I haven't been able to charge it at night (the cord won't stay in,) I've been leaving it on the wireless charger at my desk at work, and while I'm home, it's just "free".

So grateful it was just lint. It's an 11 Pro which isn't old, definitely not new, but I have been trying to not be on the OMG HAVE TO UPGRADE NOW train that so many people are on.
                I have a 12 Pro and I do not think I have ever used the plug. I have a wireless charger in my den (where I work), on my bedside and my car has one built in. Before I went wireless I used to clean out the port with vinyl toothpicks, they worked great.

Comment

Just weird that as many iPhones I've had over the years, I've never had the issue before. I use a wireless charger at work since it's convienent on my desk, but usually charge via a cord at home (on night stand) and I'm probably one of the few people who still back up my iPhone in iTunes on my computer (I also own my music rather than stream so that's how I update my playlists.) My car doesn't have wireless CarPlay which is where I really noticed that not having the port work was horrible.

But you better believe me that I'll start paying attention to lint going forward.

Comment

The other day, I was listening to one of my favorite comic book podcasts - Off Panel - and Tom King was on, and something he said made me take pause and wonder if . . . He said he owns some original art pages from the first comic book he ever bought, so I was curious what some of the going rates were for the first comic I read.

Back in 1985, I was in the fifth grade (time wise, I just have been inbetween 4th and 5th grades actually,) either school or Cub Scouts (maybe through Boys Life?) had a magazine subscription contest or similar, and I subscribed to my first comic book - G.I. Joe from Marvel Comics.

You can't fault me - I was 10 years old, was totally into the cartoon and the toys, the comic book was the next logical step.

The first issue that was sent to me was G.I. Joe #38. I didn't spend a lot of time looking, but I didn't come across any original art for this particular issue (I did find a page from #36 for $2,000 which was out of my price range) so instead, I decided to see if I could find a copy in good condition.

And I found one listed as near mint from Mile High Comics (who just so happens to be right down the road.) Plus, they were having a 60% off back issues sale, so I ended up spending about $30 before shipping on a near mint copy of the first comic I ever bought:

20220402_003952228_iOS.jpg

Now I want to get it signed by everyone involved.

In 2020 before the world ended, Larry Hama, the writer, was going to be in Denver at the Denver Pop Culture Con, but we all know how 2020 went. Mike Zeck - cover artist - doesn't seem to be doing any signings or anytjhing other than weird Instagram "auctions". Rod Whigham - pencils - no clue about. He has an LinkedIn page but I don't want to stalk him there.

Have to keep my eyes peeled for signing opportunities.

Comment

Pretty cool. I sold all but two of my comics when I was 18 or 19, and one of those two was the first comic I ever bought (a Batman)…it’s a little worse for wear, but I’m glad I still have it.

EDIT: Huh, just noticed this was officially my 3000th post. Happy Anniversary to me.
                      Last edited by RonClinton; 04-02-2022, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                        Pretty cool. I sold all but two of my comics when I was 18 or 19, and one of those two was the first comic I ever bought (a Batman)…it’s a little worse for wear, but I’m glad I still have it.

EDIT: Huh, just noticed this was officially my 3000th post. Happy Anniversary to me.
                        Happy 3000th post!

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

Happy 3000th post!
                          Thanks — I’ll take my wins where I can find them.

Comment

In 2020 before the world ended, Larry Hama, the writer, was going to be in Denver at the Denver Pop Culture Con, but we all know how 2020 went. Mike Zeck - cover artist - doesn't seem to be doing any signings or anytjhing other than weird Instagram "auctions". Rod Whigham - pencils - no clue about. He has an LinkedIn page but I don't want to stalk him there.

Larry Hama only signs in person, not throught the mail, but he does make regular convention appearances. Mike Zeck was also making regular appearances before the pandemic and I met him several times, most recently in 2019 right before COVID hit. I have no idea about Rod Whigham.

Best of luck with your quest!

TONY MIKE ZECK ROT.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post

Larry Hama only signs in person, not throught the mail, but he does make regular convention appearances. Mike Zeck was also making regular appearances before the pandemic and I met him several times, most recently in 2019 right before COVID hit. I have no idea about Rod Whigham.

Best of luck with your quest!
                              I was excited about Larry Hama coming to the Denver con in 2020 so I'm hoping he'll return. I'd even drive as far as Salt Lake (since it's not THAT far.) My wife did ask if I wanted to go to Emerald City Comic Con this year, but it's hard to justify that expense. It looks like we will be heading to Denver's this July because one of the voice actors there did a voice on My Little Pony and my wife hasn't met him yet.

Hopefully MIke Zeck will begin to make appearances again in-person.

Oh and great photo!

Comment

Typically don't purchase PB's but couldn't pass on this one.

PB Cover:

Dead eye PB Cover.jpg

Signed Bookmark (back of it)

Signed Bookmark.jpg

Signed, Inscribed, and Illustrated. That Ron guy is very talented.

Dead eye Sig.jpg

Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Working...
                                X