No announcement yet.

Post Your Latest Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like most of the folks on our forum, I hardly buy any Stephen King items....HA!! LOL, really true in my case. However, I recently picked up a truly neat book that has a great Stephen King Signature. I really like Charles L. Grant!

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2713769-quietly-now

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
      Like most of the folks on our forum, I hardly buy any Stephen King items....HA!! LOL, really true in my case. However, I recently picked up a truly neat book that has a great Stephen King Signature. I really like Charles L. Grant!

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2713769-quietly-now
      Beautiful book! Still the lowest price I have paid for a book with King's signature. Issue price was $40. Congratulations!

Comment

Thanks Martin, it is a great book. Hard to believe it was published 18 years ago!

Mike

Comment

Thanks Martin, it is a great book. Hard to believe it was published 18 years ago!

Mike
          Damn, I am old!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

Damn, I am old!
            er...LOL!

Comment

yesterday, I was handed a resume at work (we're looking another person to do what I do) and the kid graduated high school in 2016. Quickly doing some math and I realized that as much as I fight it, I'm old.

Comment

Not sure if it counts as a purchase, but I totally paid for it yesterday:

ABDOMEN - VENTRAL_DORSAL.jpg

Here's the inside of my dog Rocinante.

It seems she is having issues pooping. I fully expected one, maybe two, cat toys stuck somewhere (this dog eats/chews everything - her toys, her blankets, the blinds, her bed . . .) but we lucked out and the vet says it's just gas and more poops.

Still waiting for her to be "normal" again - but for the time being she's eating the tasty and delicious diet of boiled chicken and white rice, hold the flavor. (For the record, her dinner last night actually cost more than ours.)

Comment

She's a Lab, right? Poor puppy. Hopefully she's back to normal soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                    She's a Lab, right? Poor puppy. Hopefully she's back to normal soon.
                    Yeah, a black lab. Just turned 8 months old.

Things seem to be returning to normal, it's just a super slow process. I am glad it wasn't anymore more serious.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post

Yeah, a black lab. Just turned 8 months old.

Things seem to be returning to normal, it's just a super slow process. I am glad it wasn't anymore more serious.
                      Me too. I think goat DNA got mixed in with Lab DNA somewhere in the evolutionary process. They'll eat anything.

Comment

Not sure if it's FACT or just one of those old wive's tales, but I've been told that Labs are missing something in their DNA that tells them to stop eating when they're hungry.

My last lab, Olive, ate like a cat. You'd feed her in the morning, and the next day, there was a really good chance that breakfast from the day before was still there. Now Rocinante, complete opposite. We had to buy some of those slow feeder bowls because that dog has no control.

Comment

Can't get pictures at the moment (they're on my phone, which is syncing,) but Imajica arrived yesterday.

This book is MASSIVE! I took some pictures comparing it to CD's IT and Imajica is actually a tad thicker. I'm not familiar with the story (never read any Barker before) so I don't have any opinion to how well the art matches the story, but the purple slipcase is amazing. Just absolutely beautiful.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                            Not sure if it's FACT or just one of those old wive's tales, but I've been told that Labs are missing something in their DNA that tells them to stop eating when they're hungry.

My last lab, Olive, ate like a cat. You'd feed her in the morning, and the next day, there was a really good chance that breakfast from the day before was still there. Now Rocinante, complete opposite. We had to buy some of those slow feeder bowls because that dog has no control.
                            My Pit/Lab mix eats like the late Olive. Some days I don't think he eats at all.

Comment

Not a new purchase, but a hopefully future purchase, does anyone have a copy of James Brian Freeman's Halloween Carnival that they might consider parting with?
                              Thanks,
                              Mike

Comment

Not a new purchase, but a hopefully future purchase, does anyone have a copy of James Brian Freeman's Halloween Carnival that they might consider parting with?
                                Thanks,
                                Mike
                                You may already be aware of this, or you may have no interest but there are copies of the ARC out there.

Comment

Working...
                                X