Post Your Latest Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those are really cool! Congrats!

Kind of reminds me of a newspaper section I got from either The News Tribune (Tacoma) or The Seattle Times that featured a huge piece on Terry Moore (artist/writer of at the time, Strangers in Paradise.) It was published when I first met him at this, what I thought was a comic convention in Seattle, but was actually a sport card/comic show, and the guest list mentioned Bernie Wrightson was there. Today's Jason is kicking himself for not going over there, but I'm pretty sure I was so laser focused on Terry Moore that I had no idea who else was there.

Comment

This was waiting for me when I came home for Lunch Today. This is my first slip-cased Tartarus Press. I like the Green. Oliver Onions? Had to go for it. At $125.00 it was one of their more expensive titles.

Onions.jpgonions2.jpgonions3.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
        This was waiting for me when I came home for Lunch Today. This is my first slip-cased Tartarus Press. I like the Green. Oliver Onions? Had to go for it. At $125.00 it was one of their more expensive titles.

Onions.jpgonions2.jpgonions3.jpg
        I debated on this one so hard...but ultimately decided to stick with my lowly Dover tpb.
        Seeing your pics of that gorgeous set doesn't fill me with confidence that I made the right choice.

Congrats on being wiser than me on this one, and adding that lovely set to your collection.
        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Thanks Ron! I think Tartarus books are a pretty good value.

Comment

Thanks Ron! I think Tartarus books are a pretty good value.
            By the way, almost as impressive as that set of Onions books is all that empty shelf space in the background! How you manage to still have that all glorious emptiness just waiting to be filled is beyond me, but like that Onions set I wish I had it myself…
            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

By the way, almost as impressive as that set of Onions books is all that empty shelf space in the background! How you manage to still have that all glorious emptiness just waiting to be filled is beyond me, but like that Onions set I wish I had it myself…
              HAHA! That's work brother LOL!!

Comment

Long overdue . . . but here are the framed pictures I got done awhile back.

First my Mouse Guard one. I bought the Original version of the Service - Greater Than Self And Sword and decided to frame it with the print. I was a little worried about how this would turn out based on the design suggestions from the employee at Michaels, but I think it turned out really well. It's a lot larger in width than I was expecting, so now I need to either reorganize the frames in my den or hang this somewhere different. I have a Mouse Guard wall, so I'm thinking a reorg will probably happen.

Images under Spoiler tags:

Spoiler!

Up next is the water color commission I got my wife from Brian Miller - Jem and the Holograms. This was a surprise purchase for her and she was ECSTATIC. Framing it was a little more difficult than we expected. The plan was to find something "totally 80s" but Michaels didn't have a lot of wild and crazy colors to choose from.

The finished product, however, does look really nice. The frame is a lot more teal in person - I blame the lighting in our library.
                Spoiler!

So grateful we got this during a 70% sale, because the before sale price of the Mouse Guard framing was over $800! I believe Jem was in the $400 range. I understand framing cam be expensive, but DAMN! That's a bit too rich for my blood.

Comment

Those are excellent!

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post

First my Mouse Guard one. I bought the Original version of the Service - Greater Than Self And Sword and decided to frame it with the print. I was a little worried about how this would turn out based on the design suggestions from the employee at Michaels, but I think it turned out really well. It's a lot larger in width than I was expecting, so now I need to either reorganize the frames in my den or hang this somewhere different. I have a Mouse Guard wall, so I'm thinking a reorg will probably happen.

Spoiler!

Up next is the water color commission I got my wife from Brian Miller - Jem and the Holograms. This was a surprise purchase for her and she was ECSTATIC. Framing it was a little more difficult than we expected. The plan was to find something "totally 80s" but Michaels didn't have a lot of wild and crazy colors to choose from.

The finished product, however, does look really nice. The frame is a lot more teal in person - I blame the lighting in our library.
                    Spoiler!

So grateful we got this during a 70% sale, because the before sale price of the Mouse Guard framing was over $800! I believe Jem was in the $400 range. I understand framing cam be expensive, but DAMN! That's a bit too rich for my blood.
                    Fantastic!

Comment

Those are excellent!
                      Originally posted by Martin View Post
                      Fantastic!
                      Thank you both!

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Wow! Those are great! I particularly like the Mouse Guard one. The art is great and I really like the framing. Outstanding additions.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                          Wow! Those are great! I particularly like the Mouse Guard one. The art is great and I really like the framing. Outstanding additions.
                          Thank you!

Comment

New Books.jpg
                            Centipede Press came through again yesterday. I read the afterward of The Architect of Sleep, I know weird LOL! But Boyett shade so much light on the history of the book/series, I'm glad I did. After reading that, I'm optimistic that there will be a follow up, in some fashion. I flipped through the Alan Dean Foster, The Director Should've Shot You. It just sort of feel open to his work on the Star Trek Log Books, which my son loved when he was a kid. They were based on Star Trek animated series. Very interesting. And finally, the fantastic Fritz Leiber The Swords Of Lankhmar. I grew up on the Ace paperback editions and it is a real treat to see these High quality collectable hard covers. So good! Everybody have a great week!!
                            Last edited by mhatchett; 08-03-2021, 08:33 PM.

Comment

My copy of Richard Lange's Rovers Arrived today. Jumping right into it!

https://smile.amazon.com/Rovers-Rich...7944849&sr=8-2

Comment

My copy of Richard Lange's Rovers Arrived today. Jumping right into it!

https://smile.amazon.com/Rovers-Rich...7944849&sr=8-2
                                That sounds good! I'll have to pick that up.

Comment

Working...
                                X