Post Your Latest Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
    A few oldies but goodies I’ve picked up recently. The copies are available and fairly inexpensive, several of these were signed by multiple contributors. I became interested in picking these up after reading several of Kevin Lucia’s Cemetery Dance columns https://www.cemeterydance.com/extras/tag/kevin-lucia/

Whipers 1.jpg
    Congratulations, those look awesome!

Comment

A few oldies but goodies I’ve picked up recently. The copies are available and fairly inexpensive, several of these were signed by multiple contributors. I became interested in picking these up after reading several of Kevin Lucia’s Cemetery Dance columns https://www.cemeterydance.com/extras/tag/kevin-lucia/

Whipers 1.jpg
      Congrats on these...I’ve several times been similarly prompted to collect either / both the WHISPERS and SHADOWS series of anthos in HC 1sts, both of which I read most of back in the day. I’ve resisted so far, but one of these days... and pictures like this remind me why.
      Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

And this came in today!

Whipers.jpg

Comment

Wow! Those Whispers are AWESOME!

Great collection.

Mulleins
          I'm the Caretaker of Room 217. I've always been the Caretaker of Room 217.

Comment

Originally posted by mulleins View Post
            Wow! Those Whispers are AWESOME!

Great collection.

Mulleins
            Thanks, just waiting on #3!

Comment

I am aware of these but never thought of acquiring them until I saw your photos. Very nice!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                I am aware of these but never thought of acquiring them until I saw your photos. Very nice!
                Hope you enjoy Martin. I think they are cool on so many levels, almost like time capsules for 80-90s horror.

Comment

And this came in today!

Whipers.jpg
                  Noticed the 3 volumes of Uncertainties behind the Best of Whispers.

What was your impression of these?

Been debating on picking these up for a while, but have not felt the need to pull the trigger so far.

B

Comment

Happy Easter! I like them very much. Hard to see, but they are up to four now. The have a quiet academic feel to them. I like the Swan River, Sarob, Tartarus Press books in general. November Night Tales is a favorite.

Comment

Managed to snag a very coveted (by me) book recently! It is scheduled to arrive on Friday. I will be out of town so it will spend a few days at the mail box until the following Tuesday,

Comment

So wayyy back in 2004 my wife and I attended a multiple day wine festival in Park City Utah. Attending a massive wine event in a state that is essentially run by a church was very interesting. One of the events we attended was a presentation by two wine makers all about making Pinot Noir. During the presentation there were cases of their wines to drink. The first winemaker attempted to show us that a good Pinot would be produced for about $10 a bottle. She failed in that attempt as her wine was borderline undrinkable. The other was a winemaker who had begun a one man winery making pinot that sold for about $35 a bottle. He sold all his wine through a private mail list and if he had any left over he sold them to local restaurants. We are allotted a case a year. We only buy 3 to 6 bottles every few years as we generally stick with Bolder reds but his wine is fantastic. This years shipment arrived yesterday. I will take a bottle to the beach with me this weekend and age the rest. It is also the only wine I have ever purchased that includes an owners manual and the winemakers phone number in case you have questions.
                        DSC_0683.JPG
                        Last edited by Martin; 04-17-2021, 08:59 PM.

Comment

The other day (time is still an illusion - Thursday maybe?) my copy of Ender's Way from Centipede Press arrived. As expected, it's a beautiful production. I actually had forgotten it was a collection of Ender stories so I may end up actually readying this instead of just putting it on the shelf.

It also matches Ender's Game really well. Can't wait for Speaker for the Dead next!

IMG_4854.jpgIMG_4850.jpg

IMG_4859.jpgIMG_4855.jpg

IMG_4856.jpgIMG_4857.jpg

Comment

Great addition with the new Ender book! And nice pics!

Mine is currently making its away through the postal service system.

It looks great paired with Ender’s Game. Nice to see the aesthetics match up so well. I unfortunately missed out on Ender’s Game when it was issued and now can’t afford those aftermarket prices. So know that I am awfully jealous!

Comment

Ender's Game was my first purchase from Centipede. Still not sure how I managed to grab a copy back then, but I did.

Heck, I actually had three copies in my possession at one time because the first two had all sorts of glue issues.

Comment

My wife would be jealous...she loves Pinots. I find them a bit too light and vaguely perfumed for my taste, but I have had a few that were quite good...I suspect this one of yours would join that rarified club.
                                Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Working...
                                X