No announcement yet.

Post Your Latest Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just ordered one of my holy grail books. The limited edition Whispers Press version of F Paul Wilson's THE TOMB. It went for $225, the lowest price I have ever seen!

Comment

Originally posted by fanatic View Post
      Just ordered one of my holy grail books. The limited edition Whispers Press version of F Paul Wilson's THE TOMB. It went for $225, the lowest price I have ever seen!
      Congrats! That is a great feeling.....

Comment

Congrats — you’ll be very pleased, as it’s a beautiful production.

Pics of it here:
        https://twitter.com/ron_clinton/stat...222796800?s=21
        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post

Since I go into the office every day, I'm not sure if I can get away without pants. BUT I have a medical reason! I wonder if I can get a note from my doctor "Jason is hereby excused from ever wearing pants again."

So far after wearing the brace for about two days, I don't notice it doing anything while on, but I can definitely tell it was doing something when I don't wear it.
          You're covered (or uncovered) under HIPPA. You can't be asked about your absence of pants in the workplace. Probably would only apply while wearing the brace though

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

Congrats — you’ll be very pleased, as it’s a beautiful production.

Pics of it here:
            https://twitter.com/ron_clinton/stat...222796800?s=21
            I should have known you would already have one!

Too bad I have to wait until Christmas to actually hold it.

Comment

I should have known you would already have one!

Too bad I have to wait until Christmas to actually hold it.
              It's worth the wait. Some of the cool factor about this book goes beyond the tangible stuff -- layout, design, cover art, rarity, etc. -- is that it is (as far as I'm aware) the very first limited appearance of Repairman Jack, and if you're like me and enjoy the series character, having and holding that bit of genre history of one of its foremost protagonists is pretty neat.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

It's worth the wait. Some of the cool factor about this book goes beyond the tangible stuff -- layout, design, cover art, rarity, etc. -- is that it is (as far as I'm aware) the very first limited appearance of Repairman Jack, and if you're like me and enjoy the series character, having and holding that bit of genre history of one of its foremost protagonists is pretty neat.
                Yes I love RJ. F Paul Wilson is a great guy.

Comment

Just picked up Sam Weller's Dark Black a collection of Short Stories. Weller is probably best known as Ray Bradbury's biographer.

Attached Files

Comment

I believe it was on Wednesday (time in 2020 is an illusion . . .) that my anniversary present from my wife arrived.

When this book was announced, I gave serious thought to buying it, but ultimately passed because of the expense at the time was hard to justify, and I already have two other versions.

To say I was surprised that she bought this for me as a present would be quite the understatement. I was almost speechless.

20201224_001057821_iOS.jpg
                    20201224_001136747_iOS.jpg20201224_001150133_iOS.jpg

20201224_001115295_iOS.jpg

This is the mustard edition of Stardust from Lyra's Books. I was given the option of choosing either the blue or mustard, but went with the mustard for a few reasons. I think it looks really cool. It's a beautiful production and one I'm proud to have and ecstatic that my wife tracked one down for me.

Comment

Congrats, Jason!

Comment

I believe it was on Wednesday (time in 2020 is an illusion . . .) that my anniversary present from my wife arrived.

When this book was announced, I gave serious thought to buying it, but ultimately passed because of the expense at the time was hard to justify, and I already have two other versions.

To say I was surprised that she bought this for me as a present would be quite the understatement. I was almost speechless.

This is the mustard edition of Stardust from Lyra's Books. I was given the option of choosing either the blue or mustard, but went with the mustard for a few reasons. I think it looks really cool. It's a beautiful production and one I'm proud to have and ecstatic that my wife tracked one down for me.
                        Congratulations! I agree about the mustard edition; it is really cool looking.

Comment

Beautiful volume and a lovely, thoughtful gift — congrats on the book and marrying well!

Comment

Gift of the year right there! Congratulations!!

Comment

Stardust looks very nice. The speckling is cool and the marbling and orange/mustard looks very sharp. Congrats!
                              Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                                Stardust looks very nice. The speckling is cool and the marbling and orange/mustard looks very sharp. Congrats!
                                In the pre-order photos, I greatly preferred the blue to the mustard. But having both in hand, the mustard really looks great in person.

Comment

Working...
                                X