No announcement yet.

Post Your Latest Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jason, you're getting out of control with your devil music and Twitter swearing. Should you go to your room and think about what you've done, young man.

Be careful listening to all that Swift music. You'll end up in one of her songs.

That's an awesome job that Katie did! I'm glad she finally received her iPad.

Comment

\m/ Swiftie \m/
      (Reminds me of a run I did around my old neighborhood - I saw this license plate that said I Drift For Taylor Swift)

Hahaha thanks Brian!
      Last edited by TacomaDiver; 10-03-2020, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
        So the drama with the stolen iPad has been resolved. I received the new iPad pro last week. While I still haven't ever received any official communication from Best Buy via email or phone (the last communication was on Twitter, but my Twitter account was disabled after I called one of the Fox News blonde bimbos a dried up See You Next Tuesday, and I'm not in any rush to re-enable my account.)

K loves the heck out of her new iPad (best part is I FINALLY got her to use LastPass for her passwords. That's been a project almost two years in the making.)

She's made one drawing on Procreate so far - it's an homage to Gail Carriger's Parasol Protectorate Series.

IMG_3105.jpg

Not too bad for her first digital creation of this nature.

We've also backed a digital artist's Patreon, so she's learning a lot of neat tips and trick about how to create digital art. Excited to see what she comes up with.
        Glad they took care of you, to bad they can't also communicate with you. That are is fantastic!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

Glad they took care of you, to bad they can't also communicate with you. That are is fantastic!
          Yeah, that part is a bit frustrating. Every time that I called, their response was always "we will contact you in 48-72 hours" but when I kept pointing out it was long after 72 hours the reply was "well, did you check your email?" That logic doesn't work.

I did go to a local store to trade in my old iPad Air 2 (Best Buy actually gave me the best pricing on trade in) and the guy was really nice and even gave me an extra $5 on my trade in. So as much frustration as I have, there are some good ones that work there.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
            I just received notification that a signed book I ordered a while back has shipped from Waterstones over in the UK. This book is a celebrity memoir, which normally would be the furthest thing from my book radar -- in fact, this may be the first celebrity memoir I've ever bought.

But, I mean, c'mon...

Copies still remain: https://www.waterstones.com/book/con.../9781472279507.

Go on, you know you want one. Don't let book-budget rules hold you back -- rules are for suckers.

I placed my order for the trade edition from Amazon on July 20. It isn't here yet.

When I found out there was a signed edition available from Waterstones in the UK I ordered a copy on September 30. It arrived today.

CONFESS.jpg
            Last edited by Marmaduke Grigsby; 10-05-2020, 06:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post

I placed my order for the trade edition from Amazon on July 20. It isn't here yet.

When I found out there was a signed edition available from Waterstones in the UK I ordered a copy on September 30. It arrived today.

CONFESS.jpg
              I should buy this book. I got the signed memoir by Scott Ian and when I saw Halford's book, I almost got it immediately.

Comment

You should, Jeff -- if for nothing else, I'd love to see the attire you'd wear to unbox this one.

I just received my signed copy today as well, Grisby -- looks great. The black edge-stain is kind of a cool touch.

Look for this book to appear in my Twitter feed sometime this week...
                Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Yesterday, I got the latest Earthling Publications Halloween title One Who Was With Me by Conrad Williams so this is now 15 books in their Halloween series. I also received The Wench Is Dead by Fredric Brown. It's a Centipede Press unsigned hardcover. It includes TWID and 12 other stories. The last book I got yesterday is Dispersion by Greg Egan. Yesterday was receive a book in the mail day and nobody bothered to tell me.....

Cap
                  Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

A blast from the past, Underwood/Miller’s 1987, three volume set, The Selected Stories of Robert Bloch, The Final Reckonings, Bitter Ends and Last Rites. The set came with a slipcase. This one is number 44 of 500. I wasn’t really looking for this one, but glad I saw it.
                    Bloch 1.jpgBloch 2.jpgBloch 3.jpgBloch 4.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                      A blast from the past, Underwood/Miller’s 1987, three volume set, The Selected Stories of Robert Bloch, The Final Reckonings, Bitter Ends and Last Rites. The set came with a slipcase. This one is number 44 of 500. I wasn’t really looking for this one, but glad I saw it.
                      That is a fantastic find, congratulations!

Comment

Massively, massively jealous, Mike. There was a set on eBay for a while -- maybe that's the one you popped on? -- for $149 or $139, maybe even with a Best Offer, and it sold very recently. I came so close to sending him an offer in order to replace the trade HC set I have with this signed, slipcased set, but I just couldn't get in the right mindset. I'm trying now to sell books now to make shelf room, and the thought of an upgrade seemed to counter to what I'm trying to achieve (and, honestly, not doing to well with) I just couldn't do it. Congrats, and enjoy -- again, jealous...and as a huge Bloch fan, I'm kinda kicking myself now, but if this is indeed that eBay set, I'm glad it went to a good home.

Comment

Hi Ron,
                          That was the one, we went back and forth, I ended up paying $150.00 but it was worth to me, especially since it had the slipcase. I looked at other options, including the Citadel Twilight trade paperbacks. The price on some of those are in excess of $60.00. I've passed on a bunch of things lately, but this one made sense to me. By the way, I just bid on one of your books LOL!!

Comment

Hi Ron,
                            That was the one, we went back and forth, I ended up paying $150.00 but it was worth to me, especially since it had the slipcase. I looked at other options, including the Citadel Twilight trade paperbacks. The price on some of those are in excess of $60.00. I've passed on a bunch of things lately, but this one made sense to me. By the way, I just bid on one of your books LOL!!
                            Made great sense...Bloch is one of the very best, and this is a fantastic representation of that talent.

No kidding? Small world. :-) I’ll watch for your name and throw in a bonus book for you!

Comment

That's a nice looking set! Congratulations!

Comment

Here's the UK equivalent of the McConaughey book. I wanted this edition due to the sprayed edges. It's not signed though.

IMG_5745.JPG

Comment

Working...
                                X