Post Your Latest Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    On Thursday, I got my first order from VJ Books. They were have a literal fire sale, and they had a few signed 1st Greg Rucka novels that I didn't have, so I picked those up at a pretty fair price after the 40% off coupon.

And then yesterday, my wife's anniversary present arrived.

I bought her a new iPad Pro, a keyboard case, and the new Apple Pencil. Ordered everything from Best Buy. It was shipped on Thursday, and arrived yesterday. UPS placed the box into our secure parcel locker we have at my apartment. When I got home, I decided to give K her presents two weeks early. I cut the tap, open the box and see basically trash has been used for packing material. Scraps of cellophane and the such. And then I realize what I'm looking at. The product boxes, while in the shipment box, are all empty. The iPad was opened, and removed. The keyboard case, opened and removed. The Pencil, opened and removed.

I then realize that the security tape was cut and then retaped with plain packing tape.

I'm beyond PISSED.

Best Buy wasn't super helpful last night when I called - because of the high dollar amount, it has to be reviewed for fraud and they'll get back to me.

$1500. They better make this right.

I also filed a claim with UPS (not sure what that will do.)
    I would be pissed too. Sorry that this happened to you. Again some people just suck and 2020 has really done one of 2 things , brought out the best in people or the absolute worst in people.

Comment

Thanks everyone.

I started "yelling" at Best Buy on Twitter and they told me that I was assured to have a call back in the 48-72 hour window that I was promised.

We are at hour 71 right now . . .

Comment

Thanks everyone.

I started "yelling" at Best Buy on Twitter and they told me that I was assured to have a call back in the 48-72 hour window that I was promised.

We are at hour 71 right now . . .
        My local Best Buy has the worst customer service I've ever encountered when it comes to phone calls*. I hope your store is better or that corporate calls you!

*Not an exaggeration. I'll share my experience later, after work.

Comment

Well, Best Buy never technically contacted me via phone or email as promised, but my yelling at them on Twitter did get a response.

Their responses were less than ideal. Once they said they will send me a replacement iPad, I was told it won't be here until October 20th, which if you know how to calendar is completely unacceptable and makes no sense. And then my order status was updated to Preparing for Shipment. Their website gave me the option to change from shipping to pickup at a local store THE VERY SAME DAY. But changes couldn't be made since it was preparing to ship. I also tried the change shipping speed which would have delivered it THE NEXT DAY. But again, unable to make changes.

The issue isn't fully resolved I still don't have a replacement iPad - but I do have tracking information for it! Should have been here yesterday, but is now scheduled for today. Fingers crossed!

The next time - IF I order from BB again - will definitely be picked up at a store. Not dealing with this again.

Comment

Well, Best Buy never technically contacted me via phone or email as promised, but my yelling at them on Twitter did get a response.

Their responses were less than ideal. Once they said they will send me a replacement iPad, I was told it won't be here until October 20th, which if you know how to calendar is completely unacceptable and makes no sense. And then my order status was updated to Preparing for Shipment. Their website gave me the option to change from shipping to pickup at a local store THE VERY SAME DAY. But changes couldn't be made since it was preparing to ship. I also tried the change shipping speed which would have delivered it THE NEXT DAY. But again, unable to make changes.

The issue isn't fully resolved I still don't have a replacement iPad - but I do have tracking information for it! Should have been here yesterday, but is now scheduled for today. Fingers crossed!

The next time - IF I order from BB again - will definitely be picked up at a store. Not dealing with this again.
            The stress and hassles can't be removed but it does sound like they are getting you a replacement. The service sound very poor though.

Comment

No doubt in-store is the way to go.

Comment

I just received notification that a signed book I ordered a while back has shipped from Waterstones over in the UK. This book is a celebrity memoir, which normally would be the furthest thing from my book radar -- in fact, this may be the first celebrity memoir I've ever bought.

But, I mean, c'mon...

9781472279507.jpg
                Copies still remain: https://www.waterstones.com/book/con.../9781472279507.

Go on, you know you want one. Don't let book-budget rules hold you back -- rules are for suckers.
                break2.JPG

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                  I just received notification that a signed book I ordered a while back has shipped from Waterstones over in the UK. This book is a celebrity memoir, which normally would be the furthest thing from my book radar -- in fact, this may be the first celebrity memoir I've ever bought.

But, I mean, c'mon...

9781472279507.jpg
                  Copies still remain: https://www.waterstones.com/book/con.../9781472279507.

Go on, you know you want one. Don't let book-budget rules hold you back -- rules are for suckers.
                  break2.JPG
                  His story has all the ingredients to make a fantastic memoir. I am resisting at the moment.

Comment

Yesterday I got Wyrd and Other Derelictions by Adam L.G. Nevill. This is a new, slim, signed collection by the author. Adam Nevill publishes hardbacks, signed, of a lot of his books. I gather after the big Covid 19 shutdown earlier this year customers just gobbled up his signed hardbacks since there were only paperback copies remaining. I got WaoD because I'm on the author's email newsletter and Adam Nevill decided those on his email newsletter got first dibs on this new signed collection.

Cap
                    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

But, I mean, c'mon...

Drat, I didn't know there was a signed edition available. I ordered the unsigned version from Amazon because I thought that was the only option.

Indeed, this should be an interesting book. I look forward to reading it.

Comment

Hey guys, been a while since I've been here...time flies!
                        Latest addition, one I've been looking forward to since it was announced - it didn't disappoint, amazing production.

Comment

Originally posted by Lincoln View Post
                          Latest addition, one I've been looking forward to since it was announced - it didn't disappoint, amazing production.
                          Congratulations, great addition!

Comment

Originally posted by Lincoln View Post
                            Nice, Lincoln -- that was one I missed out on, unfortunately. I've seen some interior shots of it as well, and it just looks terrific.
                            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

For the most part, I'm a hard rock heavy metal guy (full disclosure - I'm currently obsessed with Taylor Swift's music at the moment . . .) and have found that the memoirs from these musicians are fascinating.

My favorite one I think is probably Alex Skolnick (Testament, Savatage.) His book - Geek to Guitar Hero - was a great read and definitely gave me a new opinion of a heavy metal guitarist.

I never listened to Priest all that much; but I know that Halford's story has got to be fascinating. I might have to pick that one up.

Comment

So the drama with the stolen iPad has been resolved. I received the new iPad pro last week. While I still haven't ever received any official communication from Best Buy via email or phone (the last communication was on Twitter, but my Twitter account was disabled after I called one of the Fox News blonde bimbos a dried up See You Next Tuesday, and I'm not in any rush to re-enable my account.)

K loves the heck out of her new iPad (best part is I FINALLY got her to use LastPass for her passwords. That's been a project almost two years in the making.)

She's made one drawing on Procreate so far - it's an homage to Gail Carriger's Parasol Protectorate Series.

IMG_3105.jpg

Not too bad for her first digital creation of this nature.

We've also backed a digital artist's Patreon, so she's learning a lot of neat tips and trick about how to create digital art. Excited to see what she comes up with.
                                Last edited by TacomaDiver; 10-03-2020, 04:16 PM. Reason: I struggle with the tech.

Comment

Working...
                                X