No announcement yet.

Post Your Latest Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I keep looking at that, but passing it up for other stuff; all I've ordered from DMG is Little Sisters AE, DTIV-V & DTVI-VII slipcases, The Wind Through the Keyhole, and now The Dreamthief's Daughter. I do have the Grant trade HCs for DT IV-VII. But looking through DMG's stock, I'll probably be ordering more...
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
      I keep looking at that, but passing it up for other stuff; all I've ordered from DMG is Little Sisters AE, DTIV-V & DTVI-VII slipcases, The Wind Through the Keyhole, and now The Dreamthief's Daughter. I do have the Grant trade HCs for DT IV-VII. But looking through DMG's stock, I'll probably be ordering more...
      You won't be disappointed I can say that for sure. It's really an amazing set and I can't stress that enough. But just watch; you'll buy it and think it's just ordinary lol, so maybe I shouldn't of said how great I think it looks. But it is Grant so it's hard to get depressed about how any of their books look.

Did you have a chance to get the limited of TWTTK or was it the gift version? I was able to get the limited but damn, they're really going up in price (the limiteds). I have those trades as well.....DT IV-VII along with the limiteds, but I have all the other trades as well except of course, the first one. Just really dumb luck on my part that I won that lottery so many years ago for Desperation, then I didn't realize there were only 1200 copies of Little Sisters made (I think) until recently, and somehow I entered yet another one of their lotteries for that one which I don't even remember, and once again get a relatively low number in 544 so that's the only reason I had a chance at the upcoming eight book. How is it possible to get 544 in a lottery? I would of thought the earliest numbers would have been taken? But then again, since I have the number 911 for the last three DT limiteds, why didn't I get that same number for Little Sisters? I don't get that.

But do you or anyone here know exactly why so many collectors had a chance at Little Sisters but passed on it? Was it because they didn't expect an eight DT book? And why is it one of King's limiteds that's so expensive? I know I'm missing something lol, but my brain has sorta freezed.....but allow me to ask another question to this really long post: what would you recommend if you were me.......buying a remarque of a King book or just try and go for another limited when they're produced? I ask because I have so many limiteds and just one remarque. And I have to do something with all these books since I'm running out of room.

Ok, that's finally it. I hope I at least gave you guys something interesting to read

Comment

I don't have any of the DT limiteds, so I was not eligible for TWTTK limited. I don't mind. I do need to replace my three Plume Trade PBs of DTI-III with Grant Trade HCs at some point. As for the other questions, I don't buy limteds based on theoretical future value. I buy them because I want to display them on my shelves. But if you're needing to make room for more books, Scott, you can certainly make as many gifts and donantions to my library as you wish!
        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

LOL. Well, let me think about that and get back to ya
          But it's not always about a book's value to me. I do buy lil paperbacks quite a bit to read. In fact, I have so damn many it's impossible for me to read them all. I just have to force myself to do it, that's all. But I'm still trying to get through The Fountainhead and it's soooooo long. On top of that, I constantly change books. I'll even listen to some non-fiction audio book and then try and read a novel along with another non-fiction book or two but with historical non-fiction, I can read it in just a few days. It takes me forever, as people here know, to get through a single novel and that's why I greatly prefer short stories and that's why I'm so excited about C.W's book coming up!! But sometimes it's too much, especially with all the crap that's still going on in my life at this point.

I know what you mean about not being able to get some limiteds you'd like. They really are too expensive and you also just have to have that dumb luck I talked about with Grant and just happen to have funds available to be able to buy one. But I'm no rich man and I have a couple of ruined credit cards to prove that . I make good money but I'll never be a millionare that's for sure. I also don't have any responsibilities anymore when it comes to a wife and kids so that's why I can buy some of those books. But certainly not like Mr. Woot can!! LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by theenormityofitall View Post
            Can I ask how much it was?? I didn't know such a thing existed. I have the "regular" edition signed and it cost a pretty penny and that was actually my last purchase (Naw, that can't be right but it was one of my LAST purchases). I then bought the special slipcase to go with it from the overlook. It's pretty cool but lol, it's just an ordinary book with a sig in it and it cost a fortune. You can get plenty of limited editions, including the UK limited of Under the Dome for about the same price I paid for this one (at Betts).
            For more details on the book club Full Dark book, check out:

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ed&redirect=no

John

Comment

Originally posted by jhanic View Post
              For more details on the book club Full Dark book, check out:

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ed&redirect=no

John
              The original price was just $43.99?? I'm wondering why King didn't do this for the Stephen King Library?

Comment

Good question. I belong to the Book of the Month Club and it wasn't offered there either. I don't know why the SF Book Club was "honored".

John

Comment

Yeah, those clubs like History Book Club and SKL are all a part of BOMC and I've belonged to those clubs literally since the 1980's. Well, HBC I did but I'm not sure if SKL existed then since I became a member there in the early 90's.

But that's another reason my house is full of books...it's not just fiction all over, it's non-fiction that's just as bad and probably worse since I have more of that than even limited stuff. Ridiculous really

Comment

My collection is full of QPBC books. They aren't as durable as hardbacks, but they still look nice and were fairly affordable.
                    "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
                      My collection is full of QPBC books. They aren't as durable as hardbacks, but they still look nice and were fairly affordable.
                      Yeah, those are great too just like you said: they're nice and more affordable. Actually I'd rather have trade paperbacks than a HC to read since they're easier to handle.

Comment

Originally posted by jhanic View Post
                        Just got this:

It's the Book Club signed edition, limited to 100 copies.

John
                        Very nice score John, quite envious, actually

Comment

Originally posted by theenormityofitall View Post
                          LOL. Well, let me think about that and get back to ya
                          But it's not always about a book's value to me. I do buy lil paperbacks quite a bit to read. In fact, I have so damn many it's impossible for me to read them all. I just have to force myself to do it, that's all. But I'm still trying to get through The Fountainhead and it's soooooo long. On top of that, I constantly change books. I'll even listen to some non-fiction audio book and then try and read a novel along with another non-fiction book or two but with historical non-fiction, I can read it in just a few days. It takes me forever, as people here know, to get through a single novel and that's why I greatly prefer short stories and that's why I'm so excited about C.W's book coming up!! But sometimes it's too much, especially with all the crap that's still going on in my life at this point.

I know what you mean about not being able to get some limiteds you'd like. They really are too expensive and you also just have to have that dumb luck I talked about with Grant and just happen to have funds available to be able to buy one. But I'm no rich man and I have a couple of ruined credit cards to prove that . I make good money but I'll never be a millionare that's for sure. I also don't have any responsibilities anymore when it comes to a wife and kids so that's why I can buy some of those books. But certainly not like Mr. Woot can!! LOL.
                          Onya Scott

Comment

Well i've got the scans for the last 4 pieces of artwork from Glenn Chadbourne

Comment

Outstanding, Tom! can't wait to see the final result!
                              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Here's a taster ...

Comment

Working...
                                X