Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    Nice car, Martin! Congrats!
    Thanks, I plan to have this one a long time.

Comment

Nice ride, Martin and very cool hand-me-down story for the Camry.

Looks like Ron might be scoring a new bike.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
        Nice ride, Martin and very cool hand-me-down story for the Camry.

Looks like Ron might be scoring a new bike.
        You, sir, are a mind-reader.

I have to either bite the bullet and spend money tomorrow that makes me a bit nervous to do, given the circumstances of this point in time, or just hold off until next summer. But if this year has proved nothing else, it’s that you can’t count on what’s coming next…who knows what next year will look like. The deal’s negotiated and lined up, now it’s just a matter of pulling the trigger.
        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Sweet wheels, Martin!

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
            You, sir, are a mind-reader.

I have to either bite the bullet and spend money tomorrow that makes me a bit nervous to do, given the circumstances of this point in time, or just hold off until next summer. But if this year has proved nothing else, it’s that you can’t count on what’s coming next…who knows what next year will look like. The deal’s negotiated and lined up, now it’s just a matter of pulling the trigger.
            You mentioned it awhile back at some point that you might be in the market for a new ride. Easy for me to say, but I say go for it. Like you said, who knows what happens next.

Comment

...and the trigger got pulled yesterday.

2020 BMW R1250R.

It replaces my 2016 Yamaha FJR1300 that I'd had for four years, and blessedly shaves 125 pounds off the FJR's top-heavy weight. I'd had a couple 10-/15-minute test rides on the R1250R previously, but had a solid few hours of seat time on it yesterday riding it home. Very pleased...135 hp and 106 ft. lbs. of torque delivered by a recently redesigned boxer Shift-Cam twin with variable valve timing, providing a monstrous, linear delivery of torque and power...this thing really moves. The electronic dynamic suspension front and rear, along with the aforementioned weight loss (plus the horizontal boxer carries the weight low), makes for great, nimble handling and a riding experience that reminds me why I love motorcycling.

R1250R_1_small.jpg

R1250R_2_small.jpg

R1250R_3_small.jpg

Comment

Wow! Nice, I've toyed with trading my 2005 Suzuki in on a BMW, I've had it forever. They have some nice used ones at the shop where I get my Bike worked on. Good on you Ron!! Enjoy!

Comment

Thanks, Mike -- now I just need some sun around these Seattle parts so I can get out and enjoy it!

Comment

Congrats, Ron. It looks awesome.

Due to some health issues I don't think I can ride a real bike but have toyed around with the Can-Am style things and loved them.
                    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

...and the trigger got pulled yesterday.

2020 BMW R1250R.

It replaces my 2016 Yamaha FJR1300 that I'd had for four years, and blessedly shaves 125 pounds off the FJR's top-heavy weight. I'd had a couple 10-/15-minute test rides on the R1250R previously, but had a solid few hours of seat time on it yesterday riding it home. Very pleased...135 hp and 106 ft. lbs. of torque delivered by a recently redesigned boxer Shift-Cam twin with variable valve timing, providing a monstrous, linear delivery of torque and power...this thing really moves. The electronic dynamic suspension front and rear, along with the aforementioned weight loss (plus the horizontal boxer carries the weight low), makes for great, nimble handling and a riding experience that reminds me why I love motorcycling.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22175[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22176[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22177[/ATTACH]
                      Congratulations, that is a beauty!

Comment

Thanks, Martin and Ben...I honestly can’t imagine a more perfect bike for me right now and the type of country-road and back-highway riding that I like to do. Looking forward to getting past the engine break-in period and seeing what it can really do...

Comment

Glad you went for it, Ron and that's one sweet looking ride! The stuff that spies race on through the narrow streets of European cities.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                            Glad you went for it, Ron and that's one sweet looking ride! The stuff that spies race on through the narrow streets of European cities.
                            Ah, I love the way you think.

Comment

Ah, I love the way you think.
                              One day, one day.......

Comment

Today I was looking at some work by an artist whose style I do really enjoy. I went to his Etsy store and just happened to notice one print at a bargain price. I almost didn't see this. I only paid $15.78 total. At this price, I just simply couldn't resist and caved in. I already have one Scott Saw print - One Way Ticket which I had wanted for years and finally got that one 2 or 3 years ago. Below is the print I purchased today. ~Cap

https://www.etsy.com/listing/276342900/modern-home-space-art-futuristic-mod?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_v iew_type=gallery&ga_search_query=scott+saw&ref=sr_ gallery-1-7&organic_search_click=1
                                Last edited by c marvel; 05-22-2020, 03:35 AM.
                                Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Working...
                                X