Post Your Latest Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by khaos View Post
    Those are pretty cool pieces. Having just done some custom framing the pricing at Hobby Lobby is way better than Michael's. Like hundreds even with a huge sale at Michael's.
    I struck out at Michaels trying to get a quote - no one was available to help. I did buy a bunch of cheap frames to quickly hang some stuff up but I still want to get these two done.

Thanks for the tip about Hobby Lobby, but they’re not a store I will permit any of my money to go to. I do plan on checking some other framing shops around and even contemplating doing it myself.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
      I struck out at Michaels trying to get a quote - no one was available to help. I did buy a bunch of cheap frames to quickly hang some stuff up but I still want to get these two done.

Thanks for the tip about Hobby Lobby, but they’re not a store I will permit any of my money to go to. I do plan on checking some other framing shops around and even contemplating doing it myself.
      Yeah, I really don't like them. But I had 2 huge pics with matting. Quote from Michaels was well over $600, Hobby lobby was like $400.

Comment

Michael’s pricing is insane. If you have a Ben Franklin in your area (not sure if they’re a local, regional, or national chain), that’s the way to go. Great work and reasonable pricing.
        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Michael’s, at least where I live will have 50% off or more sales, multiple times per years for frames. I didn't even know Hobby Lobby did that kind of work. I have always just waited for the sales at Michael's.

*Edit: My wife reminded me that we had something framed at Hobby Lobby. So I guess I knew but forgot.
          Last edited by Ben Staad; 12-24-2019, 12:10 AM.
          Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
            Michael’s pricing is insane. If you have a Ben Franklin in your area (not sure if they’re a local, regional, or national chain), that’s the way to go. Great work and reasonable pricing.
            I’m not sure I’m allowed in a Ben Franklin store after getting caught shoplifting Transformers toys in 1985 at their Belfair location ...

Comment

I am waiting for some coupons from Michaels.

Comment

I’m not sure I’m allowed in a Ben Franklin store after getting caught shoplifting Transformers toys in 1985 at their Belfair location ...
                35-year statute of limitations of shoplifting of toys...2020's your year to bask in the savings.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                  35-year statute of limitations of shoplifting of toys...2020's your year to bask in the savings.
                  Yesssss!

Comment

Originally posted by khaos View Post
                    Yeah, I really don't like them. But I had 2 huge pics with matting. Quote from Michaels was well over $600, Hobby lobby was like $400.

Oy! This is why I never had my original Steve Dillon PREACHER page that I bought 24 years ago framed and matted....(I did try to do it myself, and it came out....not so good.)

Someday.
                    http://thecrabbyreviewer.blogspot.com/

Comment

You guys need to find local frame places. I got a sizable print framed and matted for ~$100 and they did a great job.

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
                        You guys need to find local frame places. I got a sizable print framed and matted for ~$100 and they did a great job.
                        That's a good plan too.

I remember in high school, I got two prints framed by a local artist and I don't remember it being very expensive. Of course, this was a long time ago too, but to afford them both on my meager earnings from working 1-2 hours a day at Radio Shack, it couldn't have been very much.

Comment

Picked up a couple of books this weekend, courtesy of a gift card my daughters gave me for Christmas:

https://twitter.com/ron_clinton/stat...535116288?s=21

Comment

I got a copy of the Centipede edition of Harvest Home by Thomas Tyron for Christmas.
                            No if i could find a copy of "The other" by Millipede press!

Comment

That's a good plan too.

I remember in high school, I got two prints framed by a local artist and I don't remember it being very expensive. Of course, this was a long time ago too, but to afford them both on my meager earnings from working 1-2 hours a day at Radio Shack, it couldn't have been very much.
                              In the Portland area there are a couple of independent framers who run specials on Groupon pretty regularly. You may want to check that to see if there are any offers in your area.

Comment

Neat!

Comment

Working...
                                X