Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post Your Latest Purchase

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by c marvel View Post
    I thought Overlook Connection Press still did S/L editions. I know they do S/L Stephen King editions. I was just looking at the latest one announced by OCP one or two months ago. Cap

    Overlook Connection has never done a signed/limited Stephen King book, nor have they recently announced one...not sure who you’re confusing them with. They have offered trade editions with alternative dustjackets by Glenn Chadbourne, but that’s it. No idea how those were received by the King collecting community and if they’re still doing it.

    Pumpheel: They also did signed/numbered editions of Robert McCammon’s PBOs.
    Last edited by RonClinton; 03-22-2019, 02:39 PM.
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

    Comment


      Yes, The Overlook Connection did two different S/L editions of McCammon paperbacks. The first was a slipcased set of his first four novels (the Pocket Books versions, not PBOs) and the second was a slipcased edition of The Wolf's Hour (PBO). All of the books have a rather cheaply made tip-in sheet that is signed and numbered. The slipcases are fairly nice though.

      OVERLOOK A.jpg
      OVERLOOK B rot.jpg
      OVERLOOK C.jpg
      Last edited by Marmaduke Grigsby; 03-22-2019, 03:32 PM.

      Comment


        ^^^ Very nice!
        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

        Comment


          The OC did "The Girl Next Door" by Jack Ketchum with a forward by Stephen King who signed the limited and lettered editions. I would think SK collectors would be very happy to have it.

          Comment


            Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
            Yes, The Overlook Connection did two different S/L editions of McCammon paperbacks. The first was a slipcased set of his first four novels (the Pocket Books versions, not PBOs) and the second was a slipcased edition of The Wolf's Hour (PBO). All of the books have a rather cheaply made tip-in sheet that is signed and numbered. The slipcases are fairly nice though.

            [ATTACH=CONFIG]21329[/ATTACH]
            Now I have to try to track down copies of these, thanks. :P

            Comment


              The Overlook Connection’s edition of The Girl Next Door, in addition to being signed by King, was also signed by Jack Ketchum, Christopher Golden, Lucy Taylor, Edward Lee, Phil Nutman, Stanley Wiater & Neal McPheeters. This was the trade edition of which 500 were published and were slipcase. The original cost was $75. The lettered edition was $300. It was published in 1996.

              Jim
              Last edited by Jargendeli; 03-23-2019, 12:14 PM.

              Comment


                The latest from Tudor. Stateside, it's titled, The Hiding Place:

                C.J. Tudor The Taking of Annie Thorne 1.jpgC.J. Tudor The Taking of Annie Thorne 2.jpg

                Comment


                  Originally posted by pumpheel View Post
                  The OC did "The Girl Next Door" by Jack Ketchum with a forward by Stephen King who signed the limited and lettered editions. I would think SK collectors would be very happy to have it.
                  You bet -- that Ketchum HC reprint is a handsome edition with a great intro by Stephen King...I have a copy of it in my own collection. My only point was that Overlook Connection has never done a Stephen King novel (or collection)...to my knowledge, the only work specific to King they've done is throwing on variant dustjackets by Chadbourne on trade HC editions.
                  Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                    The latest from Tudor. Stateside, it's titled, The Hiding Place:

                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]21333[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]21334[/ATTACH]
                    My understanding is that she much prefers this UK title. I wonder why they changed it for the US?? Though for collectors of both editions it offers a quirky variation. Also, I believe that SubPress's edition is going to have an alternate ending.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                      My understanding is that she much prefers this UK title. I wonder why they changed it for the US?? Though for collectors of both editions it offers a quirky variation. Also, I believe that SubPress's edition is going to have an alternate ending.
                      I prefer the UK title myself. That's cool about the Sub Press edition.

                      Comment


                        I am not confusing Overlook Connection Press with another/different publisher. What I meant is what you refer to below -- The offerings where the books are limited and signed by Glenn Chadbourne, but of course not signed by Stephen King. ~Cap

                        Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                        Overlook Connection has never done a signed/limited Stephen King book, nor have they recently announced one...not sure who youíre confusing them with. They have offered trade editions with alternative dustjackets by Glenn Chadbourne, but thatís it. No idea how those were received by the King collecting community and if theyíre still doing it.

                        Pumpheel: They also did signed/numbered editions of Robert McCammonís PBOs.
                        Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

                        Comment


                          I'd love to locate and own a copy of this book provided obtaining a copy is not super expensive. Jack Ketchum became one of my favorite authors. ~Cap

                          Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                          You bet -- that Ketchum HC reprint is a handsome edition with a great intro by Stephen King...I have a copy of it in my own collection. My only point was that Overlook Connection has never done a Stephen King novel (or collection)...to my knowledge, the only work specific to King they've done is throwing on variant dustjackets by Chadbourne on trade HC editions.
                          Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

                          Comment


                            I got two vintage paperbacks in today's mail. Politics is Murder by Edwin Lanham. I love that title considering the turmoil surrounding our current President. Doomsman by Harlan Ellison/Telepower by Lee Hoffman. This is a Belmont Books double. I'd never heard of Belmont books until I ran across this double book. I've read one Lee Hoffman book I enjoyed. I've never read anything by Harlan Ellison so I'm really looking forward to reading Doomsman.


                            Cap
                            Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by c marvel View Post
                              I got two vintage paperbacks in today's mail. Politics is Murder by Edwin Lanham. I love that title considering the turmoil surrounding our current President. Doomsman by Harlan Ellison/Telepower by Lee Hoffman. This is a Belmont Books double. I'd never heard of Belmont books until I ran across this double book. I've read one Lee Hoffman book I enjoyed. I've never read anything by Harlan Ellison so I'm really looking forward to reading Doomsman.


                              Cap
                              Cap, if you've never read Ellison, please don't start off with Doomsman. Ellison hated it so much that he would buy back copies from fans

                              You can read about one fan's experience in this link: https://www.philgiunta.com/harlan-ellison-has-left-us/

                              I actually have a copy of it too, but it's been at least 30 years since I read it.

                              I would recommend Deathbird Stories or I have no mouth and I must scream as two good Ellison books to start off with. I'm a big fan of his non-fiction, especially books like The Glass Teat, The Other Glass Teat, Harlan Ellison's Watching, etc.

                              You can also buy a lot of his On The Road lectures/appearances on CD here: http://www.deepshag.com/artists/ellison.html

                              P1100112.jpg

                              Comment


                                To quote a certain someone from Star Trek......
                                You can buy it from me. It's in mint+ condition. Cap
                                http://www.barbneal.com/wp-content/uploads/spock06.mp3


                                Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
                                Cap, if you've never read Ellison, please don't start off with Doomsman. Ellison hated it so much that he would buy back copies from fans

                                You can read about one fan's experience in this link: https://www.philgiunta.com/harlan-ellison-has-left-us/

                                I actually have a copy of it too, but it's been at least 30 years since I read it.

                                I would recommend Deathbird Stories or I have no mouth and I must scream as two good Ellison books to start off with. I'm a big fan of his non-fiction, especially books like The Glass Teat, The Other Glass Teat, Harlan Ellison's Watching, etc.

                                You can also buy a lot of his On The Road lectures/appearances on CD here: http://www.deepshag.com/artists/ellison.html

                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]21337[/ATTACH]
                                Last edited by c marvel; 03-28-2019, 07:06 PM.
                                Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X