Post Your Latest Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Martin View Post
    Thanks, I need to get some recent purchases posted. All but the newest Scalzi book is in Audible format so nothing to post there. Started with Scalzi on Audio and am working through his whole collection that way. It helps that they keep offering his books as part of different sales and promotions.
    I'm the same in that I've been listening to the Scalzis on audible, BUT - I have to have the books. I have most of the Tor editions and now I'm tracking down the SubPress ones. If only I was rich.

Comment

Let me just say that I'll never get tired of opening a box from Camelot and seeing the wrapping paper around my books - it always feels like a present doing that one little thing.

This arrived Wednesday, but I wasn't able to pick it up until today:

IMG_7448.JPG

Two books - first the new Cosmic Interruptions from Joe Lansdale:
      IMG_7452.JPG IMG_7453.JPG
      (I either forgot or had no idea, but it was a nice surprise to see that the two artists also signed the limitation page.)

The second book from Camelot is Sea of Rust (by C Robert Cargill) from SubPress. It sounds interesting, so I ordered it from Camelot only because they don't charge until they actually ship. I have a reading copy around here somewhere so hopefully day I'll actually read this.
      IMG_7451.JPG

Lastly, these arrived last week or so - purchased before my employment issues - but I got these for almost half off cover price - revisting some of my loves from my younger days, so I couldn't pass up this giant collection of Todd McFarlane's Amazing Spider-Man run:
      IMG_7449.JPG

And then I've been re-familiarizing myself with the classic Batman: The Animated Series, so I picked up the deluxe edition of Paul Dini's and Bruce Timm's Mad Love:
      IMG_7450.JPG

(If you're curious about this re-familiarizing, I've also picked up the new Complete B:TAS Blu-ray, a paperback copy of Paul Dini's and Chip Kidd's Batman Animated book (I really want a hardcover!) along with all of the Animated Batman Funko Pops. I'm kicking myself for not grabbing Mondo's amazing action figure they announced awhile ago, but that was a tad pricey (just like their damn prints!) Trying to not buy everything related but there are some fun stuff out there related to this series.

Comment

Cool stuff, TD...I hope I don't end up regretting not going for the ST Lansdale four-volume set. I have all of Lansdale's collections, so knew these would be largely (completely?) a set of reprints of stories I already have in one collection or another, but still....ST does a fantastic job, and I've seen pictures of the first volume, and it's far more illustrated than I'd thought, and looks just incredible. I still may break down, but so far I'm trying to exert will power to resist.

SEA OF RUST has tempted me more than once...several times when the trade ed. came out, and again when your S/L ed. from Sub Press was annouced. It's another book I passed on, but if I ever see a sweet deal on the S/L I'll probably jump on it.
        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
          Cool stuff, TD...I hope I don't end up regretting not going for the ST Lansdale four-volume set. I have all of Lansdale's collections, so knew these would be largely (completely?) a set of reprints of stories I already have in one collection or another, but still....ST does a fantastic job, and I've seen pictures of the first volume, and it's far more illustrated than I'd thought, and looks just incredible. I still may break down, but so far I'm trying to exert will power to resist.

SEA OF RUST has tempted me more than once...several times when the trade ed. came out, and again when your S/L ed. from Sub Press was annouced. It's another book I passed on, but if I ever see a sweet deal on the S/L I'll probably jump on it.
          Odds are you'll probably find a sweet deal on Sea of Rust a little bit down the road - an author with limited or no name recognition (at least for me) and a very basic by the numbers edition - it should pop up on eBay or at least be available when SubPress has their next 50% off sale.

Comment

I went for the recent offer Spend $29, get a free gift (Hardcover book). My gift was Widow's Point: A Novella unsigned Trade Hardcover Edition. I think I have this edition except it's signed. So now I have two copies. One signed and one unsigned copy. I'm happy-I love the bright, colorful dustjacket.

Cap
            Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Nice gets, Jason! It's always cool getting packages Kim. I've gotten to the point where I pretty much order everything through her these days.

Comment

I have never heard a bad word about those folks. Some nice adds everyone!

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                Nice gets, Jason! It's always cool getting packages Kim. I've gotten to the point where I pretty much order everything through her these days.
                Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Managed to get another Garton lettered for a steal, Dereliction this time.

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
                    Managed to get another Garton lettered for a steal, Dereliction this time.
                    Congratulations! Great pick-up.

Comment

I preordered Death & Honey. Three novellas in one book from three different authors-A sampler. I wanted this one the moment I read about it in the Subterranean Press newsletter.

Cap
                      Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

I've been a fan of the late Gene Colan's artwork since I was a kid...practically since I was born. I remember having comics that he illustrated as a part of the group of books that my father bought for me when I was 2! So, I finally bit the bullet and purchased this:

Man, could he draw......
                        http://thecrabbyreviewer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Good stuff!

Comment

Speaking of PS Publishing, just got this from Kim over at Camelot Books!
                            21.jpg

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboy121070 View Post
                                I've been a fan of the late Gene Colan's artwork since I was a kid...practically since I was born. I remember having comics that he illustrated as a part of the group of books that my father bought for me when I was 2! So, I finally bit the bullet and purchased this:
                                Man, could he draw......
                                Those IDW editions are amazing! Good pick up!

Comment

Working...
                                X