No announcement yet.

Post Your Latest Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My love for Mouse Guard isn't a secret . . . and I'm still slowly acquiring David Petersen treasures. Today, eBay brought me two of his older sketchbooks - the 2011 and 2012 editions:
    IMG_6740.jpg

I also have the 2015, 2016, and 2017 versions (I thought I lost my 2017 - I looked EVERYWHERE - some places twice - only to find it sitting on my desk - doh!):
    IMG_6741.jpg

I'm going to keep my eyes peeled on eBay for the others - these were such a good price (plus the seller accepted my offer so I saved some money!) that I couldn't pass up the chance.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
      My love for Mouse Guard isn't a secret . . . and I'm still slowly acquiring David Petersen treasures. Today, eBay brought me two of his older sketchbooks - the 2011 and 2012 editions:
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]21060[/ATTACH]

I also have the 2015, 2016, and 2017 versions (I thought I lost my 2017 - I looked EVERYWHERE - some places twice - only to find it sitting on my desk - doh!):
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]21061[/ATTACH]

I'm going to keep my eyes peeled on eBay for the others - these were such a good price (plus the seller accepted my offer so I saved some money!) that I couldn't pass up the chance.
      Congratulations!

Comment

So cool! Congrats!

Comment

Never heard of Mouse Guard but those are some nice images. Congrats!
          Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
            Congratulations!
            Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
            So cool! Congrats!
            Thank you both!

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
            Never heard of Mouse Guard but those are some nice images. Congrats!
            Thanks!

Ben - if you look through my postings, you'll probably see A LOT of Mouse Guard stuff - and it barely scratches the surface.

It's a tiny independent comic about mice with swords. Once I made the mistake of describing it as Hobbit-like, but that's not a fair comparison since there's nothing magical about it (well, except for the fact that mice talk and have swords . . .)

The artwork is amazing - the story is even better. I'd recommend taking a look at it if you like comics, or at least beautiful artwork.

Comment

In addition to my GF's new iPhone, yesterday I also got this:

The fancy black edition of Terry Moore's Rachel Rising - complete with signed print and signed bookplate:
              IMG_6753.JPG

I have the regular trade hardcover, but really wanted the version he sold directly on his website. I missed its original offering because it came out a few years ago while I wasn't paying attention to the world of comics. Found a SCREAMING deal on eBay for it - and if I'm completely honest, the seller had this one WAY under-priced. I saw it, and snagged it immediately - I only paused to make sure the weird marks on the back weren't damage (they were shiny birds.)

Comment

Nice grab, Jason! The Mouse Guard stuff looks cool too.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                  Nice grab, Jason! The Mouse Guard stuff looks cool too.
                  Thanks Brian!

Comment

Got a signed copy of Grady Hendrix' new one, WE SOLD OUR SOULS, at his tour stop last night at Third Place Books in Ravenna. He puts on one heckuva entertaining show.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                      Got a signed copy of Grady Hendrix' new one, WE SOLD OUR SOULS, at his tour stop last night at Third Place Books in Ravenna. He puts on one heckuva entertaining show.

I forgot that that was last night. Damnit. Of course, it would have been next to impossible to have gone because of my dog (imagine taking the bus from Eastgate to Seattle, the train from Seattle to Lakewood, and then letting the dog out, only to turn around and drive up to Seattle.)

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                        I forgot that that was last night. Damnit. Of course, it would have been next to impossible to have gone because of my dog (imagine taking the bus from Eastgate to Seattle, the train from Seattle to Lakewood, and then letting the dog out, only to turn around and drive up to Seattle.)
                        Plus, there was about armed and despondent/suicidal guy that stopped his truck on the 520 bridge and shut down traffic, both eastbound and westbound, during that time for about two hours as police, SWAT, and negotiators dealt with him. It backed up traffic significantly, to say the least. Thankfully, we learned about it just before we left the house, so we ended up going from Redmond up to Bothell and through Lake City to get to Ravenna…it was really our only option.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                          Plus, there was about armed and despondent/suicidal guy that stopped his truck on the 520 bridge and shut down traffic, both eastbound and westbound, during that time for about two hours as police, SWAT, and negotiators dealt with him. It backed up traffic significantly, to say the least. Thankfully, we learned about it just before we left the house, so we ended up going from Redmond up to Bothell and through Lake City to get to Ravenna…it was really our only option.
                          Glad you were able to make to the reading.

Comment

Looks like it was a cool event, Ron. Glad ya made it.

Comment

Thanks, guys. Oh, and Will Erickson, his co-author from PAPERBACKS FROM HELL and owner of the Too Much Horror website, drove up from Portland was there in attendance as well.

Comment

Just got this from Anderida books in the UK. Love Miles Cameron, looking forward to dipping into Cold Iron!

email.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X