No announcement yet.

Post Your Latest Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I forgot that all photos must be landscape. But I just remembered that I'm too goddamn lazy to retake the photos.

Comment

Nice find! I never shop at thriftstores either (I have a friend who buys a bunch of books there because like you said, $2/$3 is a bargain!)

I just got some new Lansdale yesterday - a first print of Space and Time's edition of Dead in the West that looks to be in perfect shape, plus new copies of Vanilla Ride (the spine on mine had a serious gangster lean,) and Bad Chili (with the publisher's "you should read this!" letter.)

Comment

Tonight, I scored big time (For me) when I found Dick Tracy: The Collins Casefiles Vol. 1 on eBay for $8.16. I've seen Vol. 1 elsewhere for close to double that price. For some reason, Vol. 1 is hard to find at a good price. I got Dick Tracy: The Collins Casefiles Vol. 3 at Half Price Books. I used their 20% discount code. I've seen Dick Tracy: The Collins Casefiles Vol. 4 mentioned--Nobody seems to have it in stock. I am wondering if Vol. 4 was ever published. Does anyone know how to check on this?

~Cap
        Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by c marvel View Post
          Tonight, I scored big time (For me) when I found Dick Tracy: The Collins Casefiles Vol. 1 on eBay for $8.16. I've seen Vol. 1 elsewhere for close to double that price. For some reason, Vol. 1 is hard to find at a good price. I got Dick Tracy: The Collins Casefiles Vol. 3 at Half Price Books. I used their 20% discount code. I've seen Dick Tracy: The Collins Casefiles Vol. 4 mentioned--Nobody seems to have it in stock. I am wondering if Vol. 4 was ever published. Does anyone know how to check on this?

~Cap
          Congratulations! Here is what I found online regarding Volume 4:

"Dick Tracy: The Collins Casefiles Vol. 4 was planned to be the fourth book in a series of collections of the Dick Tracy comic strip published by the Checker Book Publishing Group.
          It was to feature stories written by Max Allan Collins (hence the title) with art by Rick Fletcher.
          Presuming that it followed the format of the 3 previous volumes, the book would have included the storyline of B.U. Tiffil, then Ownley Chylde, and part of the Dick Tracy 50th Anniversary storyline.
          Artwork was commissioned for the book's cover, but the book has not been published and there are apparently no immediate plans to produce it."

Source: http://dicktracy.wikia.com/wiki/Dick...sefiles_Vol._4

Comment

As I suspected. Thanks for the info. Martin. ~Cap

Originally posted by Martin View Post
            Congratulations! Here is what I found online regarding Volume 4:

"Dick Tracy: The Collins Casefiles Vol. 4 was planned to be the fourth book in a series of collections of the Dick Tracy comic strip published by the Checker Book Publishing Group.
            It was to feature stories written by Max Allan Collins (hence the title) with art by Rick Fletcher.
            Presuming that it followed the format of the 3 previous volumes, the book would have included the storyline of B.U. Tiffil, then Ownley Chylde, and part of the Dick Tracy 50th Anniversary storyline.
            Artwork was commissioned for the book's cover, but the book has not been published and there are apparently no immediate plans to produce it."

Source: http://dicktracy.wikia.com/wiki/Dick...sefiles_Vol._4

Comment

Just got a shipping notice from Subterranean Press (my first such notice from that press, as I recall...must be something new he's doing (and I like it!)) that my S/L copy of ARTEMIS is on its way. I have a trade 1st that I had Weir sign and inscribe to me when I attended a local booksigning for it, so had some reservations about keeping this order (was placed before the trade came out), especially since ARTEMIS wasn't as good as THE MARTIAN, but ultimately I'm glad I did, even if it's a duplication, as its S/L form matches the S/L form of my copy of THE MARTIAN...at least that's the way I'm justifying it.
              Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                Just got a shipping notice from Subterranean Press (my first such notice from that press, as I recall...must be something new he's doing (and I like it!)) that my S/L copy of ARTEMIS is on its way. I have a trade 1st that I had Weir sign and inscribe to me when I attended a local booksigning for it, so had some reservations about keeping this order (was placed before the trade came out), especially since ARTEMIS wasn't as good as THE MARTIAN, but ultimately I'm glad I did, even if it's a duplication, as its S/L form matches the S/L form of my copy of THE MARTIAN...at least that's the way I'm justifying it.
                I have received shipping notices on past orders from Subterranean press. My copy of Artemis is not scheduled to arrive until next Tuesday.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                  I have received shipping notices on past orders from Subterranean press. My copy of Artemis is not scheduled to arrive until next Tuesday.
                  Hmm. Maybe I'm confusing Sub Press w/ Centipede's process...I know Centipede doesn't do shipping notices.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                    Hmm. Maybe I'm confusing Sub Press w/ Centipede's process...I know Centipede doesn't do shipping notices.
                    Shipping notices from SubPress seem to be a recent development - I would say less than a year?

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                      Shipping notices from SubPress seem to be a recent development - I would say less than a year?
                      I don’t often order from them direct, usually choosing instead to go with Camelot Books or eBay, so maybe that’s the reason it seemed new to me.

Comment

I've always gotten shipping notices from SubPress and I've been buying books from them for several years.

However, if the notice specified which book you're getting, that IS new; previously it was just a tracking number and if you had multiple books on order, it was up to you to poke around and figure out which one was coming.

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
                          I've always gotten shipping notices from SubPress and I've been buying books from them for several years.

However, if the notice specified which book you're getting, that IS new; previously it was just a tracking number and if you had multiple books on order, it was up to you to poke around and figure out which one was coming.
                          Yes, I believe including the order number so you know what they shipped is a new development.

Comment

I found a double novel (flipbook) at Blood Bound Books--Cradle Of The Dead by Roger Jackson and Dark Waves by Simon Kearns. BBB tossed in a free copy of The Return by David Riley. If anyone is interested, I might be agreeable to mailing you The Return.

Cap

Comment

I found on eBay six Dick Tracy trade paperbacks. I have only read one of the six tpbs. These tpbs are from the fifteen year run of Max Alan Collins writing the Dick Tracy comic strip. I wanted to snag these Dick Tracy tpbs earlier, than I got busy with something and forgot about the eBay listing. I can't buy the huge, deluxe treatments of Dick Tracy by Chester Gould (Not enough room), but I have been enjoying revisiting the excellent Dick Tracy storylines done by Max Alan Collins after he took over the Dick Tracy scripting duties from Chester Gould. This purchase could only have been better if the shipping was free.

Cap

Comment

Beetles! by Dustin LaValley, art by Daniele Serra arrived while I was out of the park.

Cap

Comment

Working...
                                X