Post Your Latest Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
    Kind of a Grail for me. First Edition October Country 1955. It is an Ex-Library book but in fantastic shape. I paid $50.00 for it. Y'all know what a Fine First is going for, so this might be my best chance to own a First at all. Pretty darn pleased! Have a great Day!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20680[/ATTACH]
    Very nice, congratulations!

Comment

Thanks Martin. It's a really tight copy for a 62 year old book. Usual tape marks inside, but it shows well and is in Surprisingly good shape.

Comment

Nice add! Congrats on The October Country!

Comment

Kind of a Grail for me. First Edition October Country 1955. It is an Ex-Library book but in fantastic shape. I paid $50.00 for it. Y'all know what a Fine First is going for, so this might be my best chance to own a First at all. Pretty darn pleased! Have a great Day!!
          WOW! congrats on the sweet score!

Comment

Congrats -- nice score. Definitely one of the best collections ever published in genre fiction.
            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Received this a week or so ago. If this hardcover doesn't get your heart racing, better check your pulse...

The book is additionally signed by the editor/publisher, the introduction writer, the daughter of Howard Browne who wrote the afterword, her husband who served as the model of Paul Pine on the front cover, and by the cover artist. Only a limited number of these were so signed upon publication in late March (at the L.A.Paperback Show).

In terms of production quality and sheer bang-for-buck, Centipede Press, Subterranean Press, and Haffner Press are, in my mind, the top three small-press publishers putting out work today.

(Photos borrowed from the eBay auction)

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                Received this a week or so ago. If this hardcover doesn't get your heart racing, better check your pulse...

The book is additionally signed by the editor/publisher, the introduction writer, the daughter of Howard Browne who wrote the afterword, her husband who served as the model of Paul Pine on the front cover, and by the cover artist. Only a limited number of these were so signed upon publication in late March (at the L.A.Paperback Show).

In terms of production quality and sheer bang-for-buck, Centipede Press, Subterranean Press, and Haffner Press are, in my mind, the top three small-press publishers putting out work today.

(Photos borrowed from the eBay auction)

This looks very cool. I have yet to pick up anything from Haffner but have been eyeing the Fredric Brown books for a little while. I really need to work them into the budget.

Comment

I have the Brown books, and they’re well worth the money. I’m in for the entire series, and am looking forward to the next volumes.

Really excited about their forthcoming Bloch and Wandrei collections, too.

Comment

I finally gave in and tonight purchased The Transfiguration Of Mr. Punch by Charles Schneider, D. P. Watt and Cate Gardner. It was published by Egaeus Press. I really wanted the version with the laid in limited edition postcard. I only saw this one available. TTOMP is basically a literary triptych (I borrowed that last part from the bookseller's description). I know what a triptych movie is-I have a few- and that is partially why I found this book so unique.

Cap
                    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                      I have the Brown books, and they’re well worth the money. I’m in for the entire series, and am looking forward to the next volumes.

Really excited about their forthcoming Bloch and Wandrei collections, too.
                      Neat, I'll have to give them a try!!

Comment

Originally posted by c marvel View Post
                        I finally gave in and tonight purchased The Transfiguration Of Mr. Punch by Charles Schneider, D. P. Watt and Cate Gardner. It was published by Egaeus Press. I really wanted the version with the laid in limited edition postcard. I only saw this one available. TTOMP is basically a literary triptych (I borrowed that last part from the bookseller's description). I know what a triptych movie is-I have a few- and that is partially why I found this book so unique.

Cap
                        I looked this up after reading your post and this sounds very intriguing. I’m fighting the urge to pick up a copy myself. Impulse buys have played havoc with my budget this year.

Comment

Neat, I'll have to give them a try!!
                          I don't have their full fun, but have many of them -- from Kuttner, Brown, Brackett, (now) Browne, and others I'm probably forgetting. I always feel like I get my money's worth from them.

Comment

I've been looking for this one for a awhile. It is a well Lived First edition that has been out in the world. Tight copy, decent dust jacket. It feels like owning a piece of history, not just a book. Pictures wouldn't load, I'll try later. OK, am I just not holding my mouth right or what?? Anyone else having problems loading photos??resize 1.JPGresize 2.JPGresize 3.JPGresize 4.JPG
                            Last edited by mhatchett; 05-22-2018, 10:29 AM.

Comment

To add on to my previous post about some recent David Petersen acquisitions . . .

It's been a busy eBay month, so I've recently acquired a ton of comics and the last Mondo poster which completes my David Petersen Mondo collection (excluding the variant edition of Mouse Guard . . . let's not get too crazy here . . .)

First - the comics!

TMNT Micro-Series #1-3, and the black and white variants:

TMNT Micro-Series #4-6, and the black and white variants:

TMNT Micro-Series #7-8
                              Star Wars #1 variant, Rocket Raccoon #1 variant
                              Jim Henson Labyrinth Coronation #1 variant

Muppet King Arthur #1-4

Muppet Robin Hood #1-4

Muppet Peter Pan #1-4

Muppet Snow White #1 and #4

I still need to track down Muppet Snow White #2 and #3, along with Muppet Sherlock Holmes #1-#4 (maybe? #1 for sure . . .)

And finally, all three of the Mondo Posters - Mouse Guard will always remain a favorite, but I can't pick a favorite of the other two.

Brave

The Rescuers

Mouse Guard

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                                To add on to my previous post about some recent David Petersen acquisitions . . .

It's been a busy eBay month, so I've recently acquired a ton of comics and the last Mondo poster which completes my David Petersen Mondo collection (excluding the variant edition of Mouse Guard . . . let's not get too crazy here . . .)

First - the comics!

TMNT Micro-Series #1-3, and the black and white variants:

TMNT Micro-Series #4-6, and the black and white variants:

TMNT Micro-Series #7-8
                                Star Wars #1 variant, Rocket Raccoon #1 variant
                                Jim Henson Labyrinth Coronation #1 variant

Muppet King Arthur #1-4

Muppet Robin Hood #1-4

Muppet Peter Pan #1-4

Muppet Snow White #1 and #4

I still need to track down Muppet Snow White #2 and #3, along with Muppet Sherlock Holmes #1-#4 (maybe? #1 for sure . . .)

And finally, all three of the Mondo Posters - Mouse Guard will always remain a favorite, but I can't pick a favorite of the other two.

Brave

The Rescuers

Mouse Guard
                                Great additions!

Comment

Working...
                                X