• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
    I just lost my mind.

The Borderlands edition of MAGIC WAGON
    THE LONG ONES published by Necro Publications
    Well done...these two are terrific. Will be very interested to get your take on THE MAGIC WAGON.

I still need to put my reservation in for the GERONIMO collection; just saw that this morning.
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
      Well done...these two are terrific. Will be very interested to get your take on THE MAGIC WAGON.

I still need to put my reservation in for the GERONIMO collection; just saw that this morning.
      The problem with ordering THE LONG ONES is that I spent $80 on four stories that I will get in other volumes. Three are in the SST collection I preordered, COSMIC INTERRUPTIONS.

**EDIT: Only two are in COSMIC INTERRUPTIONS. But still . . .
      Last edited by jeffingoff; 04-23-2018, 09:06 PM.

Comment

The problem with ordering THE LONG ONES is that I spent $80 on four stories that I will get in other volumes. Three are in the SST collection I preordered, COSMIC INTERRUPTIONS.

I’ve had the book on my watch list for about a year now. Just couldn’t pull the trigger at $80. On hand hand I’m glad you did, but on the other hand curses!

Comment

Yeah, that’s the problem with Lansdale and his various collections…there is indeed a lot of overlap. That’s actually why I have pretty much decided to pass on the SST volumes…they look pretty cool, but I have almost certainly nearly all the contents in my dozens of other Lansdale collections. Got to draw the line somewhere…

Comment

I just lost my mind.
            I bought a bunch of Lansdale from eBay, SubPress, and SST.
            In the last week I bought the following Lansdale books:
            The James Cahill edition of TWO BEAR MAMBO
            The Borderlands edition of MAGIC WAGON
            THE LONG ONES published by Necro Publications
            The SST graphic novel of I TELL YOU IT'S LOVE
            And the new collection by Subpress Driving to Geronimo's Grave And Other Stories

From SST, I also bought VOICES OF THE DAMNED by Barbie Wilde. I was completely intrigued by what I read about this book and it has art by Clive Barker and Daniele Serra and other super talented artists.

I need to step away and cool my credit card.
            Wow. Nice lineup. I’m that close to pulling the trigger on SST’s Paradise Sky and the new collection from Sub Press. I just dropped $300+ on books from Centipede (the two new Ramsey Campbell books and the second Fafhrd book) and with more going their way with the new Kiernan going on sale this weekend so I’m a little trigger shy right now.

Comment

Yeah, that’s the problem with Lansdale and his various collections…there is indeed a lot of overlap. That’s actually why I have pretty much decided to pass on the SST volumes…they look pretty cool, but I have almost certainly nearly all the contents in my dozens of other Lansdale collections. Got to draw the line somewhere…
              Yeah, the overlap kinda drives me crazy. Really wish someone would do a “Complete Short Fiction” series of his so I could get it all without having to dig through multiple TOCs to see if the book is a “must have” or not.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                I’ve had the book on my watch list for about a year now. Just couldn’t pull the trigger at $80. On hand hand I’m glad you did, but on the other hand curses!
                The seller I bought it from also had it listed on Abe's Books for the same price. The next lowest price, both on Abe's and eBay was $119. While I'm glad to get it at the lowest price, I can't help but wonder--why is it 50% cheaper? Paranoia and addiction are both at play here!

Comment

Those SST volumes are perfect for new Lansdale collectors like me. It's my hope that after all four are published, they'll contain a complete set of his short stories. Or near complete. Which means I need to stay away from other previously published collections.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                    Yeah, the overlap kinda drives me crazy. Really wish someone would do a “Complete Short Fiction” series of his so I could get it all without having to dig through multiple TOCs to see if the book is a “must have” or not.
                    I'm hoping that's what the four volume set from SST will be.

Comment

Those SST volumes are perfect for new Lansdale collectors like me. It's my hope that after all four are published, they'll contain a complete set of his short stories. Or near complete. Which means I need to stay away from other previously published collections.
                      Exactly. If I was just starting out with Lansdale, this set would definitely be the way to go, rather than picking up his numerous collections with varying degrees of overlap.

Comment

Well, having read the last few comments, and having not a single Lansdale book in my collection, I have just laid down some hard earned on the first SST volume.

Comment

Finally picked up Melanie Tem’s SINGULARITY AND OTHER STORIES, Centipede Press S/L HC.

Comment

Finally picked up Melanie Tem’s SINGULARITY AND OTHER STORIES, Centipede Press S/L HC.
                            Very nice! It's still on my list to pick up, but it will probably have to wait a bit for funds to become available.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                              Very nice! It's still on my list to pick up, but it will probably have to wait a bit for funds to become available.
                              I wasn't in a particular hurry to get it, though had kept an eye out for a deal on one since its release, even though, as you know, "deals" on Centipede books is kind of a unicorn search. However, I was fortunate enough to find on eBay a Buy-It-Now auction on a copy for $45, or half of cover price (well, a bit above half of $85 (?) cover but certainly half of the $100 it's going for on the aftermarket), and still in Fine/Fine condition (arrived a couple days ago, and it is indeed as advertised). It'll join her husband's Centipede collection that I also have, OUT OF THE DARK. I don't have their combo collection, IN CONCERT.

Comment

I wasn't in a particular hurry to get it, though had kept an eye out for a deal on one since its release, even though, as you know, "deals" on Centipede books is kind of a unicorn search. However, I was fortunate enough to find on eBay a Buy-It-Now auction on a copy for $45, or half of cover price (well, a bit above half of $85 (?) cover but certainly half of the $100 it's going for on the aftermarket), and still in Fine/Fine condition (arrived a couple days ago, and it is indeed as advertised). It'll join her husband's Centipede collection that I also have, OUT OF THE DARK. I don't have their combo collection, IN CONCERT.
                                Ah, so you're the one you snagged that copy! I was watching that listing, trying to decide if I should pull the trigger or not. Great addition at a great price! Congratulations!

Comment

Working...
                                X