Post Your Latest Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tito_Villa View Post
    4 signed 1st editions of Stephen Kong's new novel 11/22/63. Had a great time at the king event in Boston yesterday meeting lots of people and making new friends. King was on top form during the reading and answering a few questions, actually reading a second time to answer a question! Pictures and a video of the reading to come when I get back :-) Just arrived in Portland and the weather is great!!!
    Way to go Tom, you lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky (one for each of the signed copies) bugger !!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tito_Villa View Post
      4 signed 1st editions of Stephen Kong's new novel 11/22/63. Had a great time at the king event in Boston yesterday meeting lots of people and making new friends. King was on top form during the reading and answering a few questions, actually reading a second time to answer a question! Pictures and a video of the reading to come when I get back :-) Just arrived in Portland and the weather is great!!!
      Wow Tom, thats just awesome! Have a good time!

Comment

WOW! Gratz!
        Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

4 copies!! That's plenty to share!!!! Have I told you lately that you're just the BEST.
          "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
            4 copies!! That's plenty to share!!!! Have I told you lately that you're just the BEST.
            It really is enough to share since the idiots at Simon and Shuster screwed everything up with the limited of the book and now having a "random drawing". I had it in my cart the other day and the website went down and I missed out because of them. I'm not bothering with any random drawing.
            Can you send me a copy Tom? If I was you I'd send me a copy. Thanks man!
            Last edited by theenormityofitall; 11-10-2011, 02:32 AM.

Comment

Just picked up a couple of new additions to my "non-collectors" collection. The first is the first volume of Clive Barker's Hellraiser Masterpieces. This, and subsequent volumes, collect stories from the Hellraiser anthology series originally published 1989 - 1993. This volume has stories by Neil Gaiman, Mike Mignola, Alex Ross, Kevin O'Neill, Larry Wachowski and Barker himself (although he is credited with the story itself the words are from 3 other writers). It is very much is the same vein (pun intended) as the Hellbound Hearts anthology which was where I first read the Neil Gaimen story, Wordsworth.
              Hellraiser.jpg

Comment

The second was a bit of a blind buy. I am a keen reader of The Walking Dead series (and have nearly finished the first series of the tv show). This book tells the back story of The Governor who, for those who have read the books, will know has a rather large impact on the main characters (as well as having some rather unique personality quirks). I am a sucker for a good origin story and so will be interested to see how Robert Kirkman makes the change from writing graphic novels to the more traditional form of story.
                Walking Dead.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by PaulB View Post
                  The second was a bit of a blind buy. I am a keen reader of The Walking Dead series (and have nearly finished the first series of the tv show). This book tells the back story of The Governor who, for those who have read the books, will know has a rather large impact on the main characters (as well as having some rather unique personality quirks). I am a sucker for a good origin story and so will be interested to see how Robert Kirkman makes the change from writing graphic novels to the more traditional form of story.
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]1758[/ATTACH]
                  I'm with you Paul, brought the 1st season on Blu-Ray last week, and it's one wicked series (up to the 2nd ep on disc 2 - awesome stuff). Your post re the here makes me to want to explore it further

Comment

Originally posted by Grant Wootton View Post
                    I'm with you Paul, brought the 1st season on Blu-Ray last week, and it's one wicked series (up to the 2nd ep on disc 2 - awesome stuff). Your post re the here makes me to want to explore it further
                    Would highly recommend it. The story line with The Governor has one of the greatest "eeeeewwwkk" moments I have ever read!

Comment

Originally posted by PaulB View Post
                      Just picked up a couple of new additions to my "non-collectors" collection. The first is the first volume of Clive Barker's Hellraiser Masterpieces. This, and subsequent volumes, collect stories from the Hellraiser anthology series originally published 1989 - 1993. This volume has stories by Neil Gaiman, Mike Mignola, Alex Ross, Kevin O'Neill, Larry Wachowski and Barker himself (although he is credited with the story itself the words are from 3 other writers). It is very much is the same vein (pun intended) as the Hellbound Hearts anthology which was where I first read the Neil Gaimen story, Wordsworth.
                      I have all these originals buried in a box in the basement. I may have to pick this up just to read them all again.
                      "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Got this today:

IMG_4435.jpgIMG_4436.jpg

I'd love to stay and chat, but there's dragons that need slaying and towns that need to be pillaged!

I already know what side mission I'll devote my time to: you can buy you own house and display stuff in it. Books as well. I'll be sure to gather all I can find a make a big collection!

Comment

Oh how I miss my PS3, congrats Pete! Just arrived in Bar Harbour & have a nice sea view :-) so glad I'm not bothering with the S/L though what I have read so far its a great book. Of the 4 books I have so far 3 are accounted for, 1 for me and 2 for others which leaves 1 more which I might sell but might keep!?

Comment

Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
                            Got this today:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1764[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1765[/ATTACH]

I'd love to stay and chat, but there's dragons that need slaying and towns that need to be pillaged!

I already know what side mission I'll devote my time to: you can buy you own house and display stuff in it. Books as well. I'll be sure to gather all I can find a make a big collection!
                            Very cool! I'm waiting for mine...err my son's preorder
                            Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Wow, so many typos in my last post! I was so excited to finally start playing that I rushed it! It's a great game, very good so far!

Comment

Got these on Sunday from Half Price Books since I had a 50% off coupon to use on the SK book

DSC00474.jpg
                                WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                                Spoiler!

Comment

Working...
                                X