X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    Originally posted by mulleins View Post
    The two cats will come around. A stunning dog welcomed into your family. Congratulations.
    Thanks!

Our older cat seems to be the most accepting of the new puppy, We think he doesn't mind other pets, he just wants to be the only cat. Whereas our younger cat is being a punk.

Leave a comment:

• mulleins
    replied
    The two cats will come around. A stunning dog welcomed into your family. Congratulations.

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    Last weekend, we did another marathon drive back to Washington - 1300 miles each way.

The reason - to pick up this little bundle of joy:
    IMG_5534.JPG

Her name is Rocinante (or Roci for short.) She just turned seven weeks old yesterday and is proving to be a lot of fun and quite the handful. I forgot how puppies were.

My brother sent us a text message last month about finally getting a new dog (his dog, Koda, passed away a few years ago) and I thought it would be fun to get a sibling from the same litter, if available. And there were two black females left, so my wife and I talked, and the next thing you knew, we were driving to Washington to pick her up.

Ember, my brother's dog, is the little charcoal lab in the lower right hand corner.

We tried to avoid the breeder situation, but after so many failed and frustrating attempts at a rescue, we gave up.

After my Olive passed away in March of last year, it took us awhile before we wanted another dog. Roci is the perfect fit - even if the two cats disagree.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by Jargendeli View Post
    Reading ROVERS now. Highly recommended.
    That's great to hear. I keep coming back to this one, but haven't pulled the trigger on it yet. But I've sure come close several times...it really sounds good, and I like what I've read previously by him.

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    Starting it now. The SST edition of the new Dean Koontz book, Devoted, came in today's mail, and I sat down with it at 4:30 this afternoon and didn't stop reading until the end (574 pages). Great book!

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Reading ROVERS mow. Highly recommended.
    1976 the year I joined the Army!! The book is really moving along. I like it a lot.

Leave a comment:

• Jargendeli
    replied
    Last edited by Jargendeli; 08-04-2021, 12:33 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
    My copy of Richard Lange's Rovers Arrived today. Jumping right into it!

https://smile.amazon.com/Rovers-Rich...7944849&sr=8-2
    That sounds good! I'll have to pick that up.

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    My copy of Richard Lange's Rovers Arrived today. Jumping right into it!

https://smile.amazon.com/Rovers-Rich...7944849&sr=8-2

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    New Books.jpg
    Centipede Press came through again yesterday. I read the afterward of The Architect of Sleep, I know weird LOL! But Boyett shade so much light on the history of the book/series, I'm glad I did. After reading that, I'm optimistic that there will be a follow up, in some fashion. I flipped through the Alan Dean Foster, The Director Should've Shot You. It just sort of feel open to his work on the Star Trek Log Books, which my son loved when he was a kid. They were based on Star Trek animated series. Very interesting. And finally, the fantastic Fritz Leiber The Swords Of Lankhmar. I grew up on the Ace paperback editions and it is a real treat to see these High quality collectable hard covers. So good! Everybody have a great week!!
    Last edited by mhatchett; 08-03-2021, 08:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    Wow! Those are great! I particularly like the Mouse Guard one. The art is great and I really like the framing. Outstanding additions.
    Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    Long overdue . . . but here are the framed pictures I got done awhile back.

First my Mouse Guard one. I bought the Original version of the Service - Greater Than Self And Sword and decided to frame it with the print. I was a little worried about how this would turn out based on the design suggestions from the employee at Michaels, but I think it turned out really well. It's a lot larger in width than I was expecting, so now I need to either reorganize the frames in my den or hang this somewhere different. I have a Mouse Guard wall, so I'm thinking a reorg will probably happen.

Images under Spoiler tags:

Spoiler!

Up next is the water color commission I got my wife from Brian Miller - Jem and the Holograms. This was a surprise purchase for her and she was ECSTATIC. Framing it was a little more difficult than we expected. The plan was to find something "totally 80s" but Michaels didn't have a lot of wild and crazy colors to choose from.

The finished product, however, does look really nice. The frame is a lot more teal in person - I blame the lighting in our library.
    Spoiler!

So grateful we got this during a 70% sale, because the before sale price of the Mouse Guard framing was over $800! I believe Jem was in the $400 range. I understand framing cam be expensive, but DAMN! That's a bit too rich for my blood.
    Wow! Those are great! I particularly like the Mouse Guard one. The art is great and I really like the framing. Outstanding additions.

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
    Those are excellent!
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    Fantastic!
    Thank you both!

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    Long overdue . . . but here are the framed pictures I got done awhile back.

First my Mouse Guard one. I bought the Original version of the Service - Greater Than Self And Sword and decided to frame it with the print. I was a little worried about how this would turn out based on the design suggestions from the employee at Michaels, but I think it turned out really well. It's a lot larger in width than I was expecting, so now I need to either reorganize the frames in my den or hang this somewhere different. I have a Mouse Guard wall, so I'm thinking a reorg will probably happen.

Images under Spoiler tags:

Spoiler!

Up next is the water color commission I got my wife from Brian Miller - Jem and the Holograms. This was a surprise purchase for her and she was ECSTATIC. Framing it was a little more difficult than we expected. The plan was to find something "totally 80s" but Michaels didn't have a lot of wild and crazy colors to choose from.

The finished product, however, does look really nice. The frame is a lot more teal in person - I blame the lighting in our library.
    Spoiler!

So grateful we got this during a 70% sale, because the before sale price of the Mouse Guard framing was over $800! I believe Jem was in the $400 range. I understand framing cam be expensive, but DAMN! That's a bit too rich for my blood.
    Fantastic!

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Those are excellent!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X