X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Dang. I have a little time to think on this one but I may need to pass. Bad timing as my better half is transitioning to a new field (after 20 years in the current one) and things may be a little tighter than normal.

If it helps any, Paul said in the video that it’s planned to be a five books over three years, so at least that $500 investment is spread over 36 months.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Dang. I have a little time to think on this one but I may need to pass. Bad timing as my better half is transitioning to a new field (after 20 years in the current one) and things may be a little tighter than normal.

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
    Hi Folks,
    I stopped in over at Thunderstorm Books and pre-ordered the new Ron Kelly Book.
    https://thunderstormbooks.com/thunde...bies-mojo-men/
    Looks right up my alley!

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Hi Folks,
    Looks right up my alley!
    I haven't decided yet if I'm going to commit to that five-book series or not. It sounds great -- weird western of a quest-type saga -- and I've always enjoyed Ronald Kelly's work (and it's exciting to see him back in the game full force with new novels), but I'm trying these days to be more selective and not fall prey to impulse buys...but this doesn't feel like an impulse, given my long history with Ron's work, stretching back decades, and if this doesn't fall under the selective banner, I don't know what would. I'll probably crack before the Oct. 1st deadline.

It looks like a fun read. I’m counting my pennies to see if I can’t scrounge up enough for a copy. All their newly posted books look like solid reads. I’m in for CROSSROADS by Hightower as I’ve been collecting the Tempest line and heard some high praise for the book.
    I finally read this one a month or so ago, after hearing all the praise and finding the storyline very intriguing (parental/emotional horror), but it just didn't click with me. I ended up giving my copy away in a Twitter drawing. Don't judge by me, though...the novella has a lot of fans. Sometimes, for whatever reasons, books just don't click with a particular person. Quite frankly, I think my expectations were a bit too high, which likely played into my general disappointment. I will say, though, that I did read it though, all the way to the end (it was not a DNF), hoping I would find something to latch onto, and it just never happened...so at least I gave it a fair chance.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Hi Folks,
    Looks right up my alley!
    It looks like a fun read. I’m counting my pennies to see if I can’t scrounge up enough for a copy. All their newly posted books look like solid reads. I’m in for CROSSROADS by Hightower as I’ve been collecting the Tempest line and heard some high praise for the book.

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Hi Folks,
    Looks right up my alley!

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

That's a nice looking set! I will forever be jealous of those that were able to snag a copy of Ender's Game when it was offered.
    Ender's Game was my first purchase from Centipede. I once had three copies of that edition at home. (My first two had some glue issues so the pages were kind of a mess.)

A buddy of mine always curses me in a friendly manner whenever I just happen to mention to him Ender's Game.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    After a mix up at the post office, this beautiful book arrived today:
    IMG_5593.jpg

I really love this series has turned out and it looks great next to its matching friends:
    IMG_5594.jpg
    (The angle makes it appear as if Speaker is a tad shorter - Jerad even asked me about it. I double-checked and it's the same size as the others.)
    That's a nice looking set! I will forever be jealous of those that were able to snag a copy of Ender's Game when it was offered.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by c marvel View Post
    I picked up a copy of Deadline at Dawn by William Irish. It's A Tower Mystery book with a dustjacket. The dustjacket and book are really in excellent condition. This edition of Deadline at Dawn has scenes from the RKO Radio film Deadline at Dawn inside. While this book may have little value I was intrigued by the cover and frankly wondering why no one had bid on the book. I love it! Here is the book's cover. 30787.jpg

Cap
    I think that's pretty cool and also dig the cover. Maybe some people didn't realize that William Irish was a pseudonym that Cornell Woolrich used? Either way, congrats on the addition!

Leave a comment:

• c marvel
    replied
    I picked up a copy of Deadline at Dawn by William Irish. It's A Tower Mystery book with a dustjacket. The dustjacket and book are really in excellent condition. This edition of Deadline at Dawn has scenes from the RKO Radio film Deadline at Dawn inside. While this book may have little value I was intrigued by the cover and frankly wondering why no one had bid on the book. I love it! Here is the book's cover. 30787.jpg

Cap

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    After a mix up at the post office, this beautiful book arrived today:
    IMG_5593.jpg

I really love this series has turned out and it looks great next to its matching friends:
    IMG_5594.jpg
    (The angle makes it appear as if Speaker is a tad shorter - Jerad even asked me about it. I double-checked and it's the same size as the others.)

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    Today and yesterday brought some fun new books:

Suntup's Artist Edition of The Island of Doctor Moreau by HG Wells
    Earthling's Dark Across the Bay by Ania Ahlborn
    SST's Horrorstor by Grady Hendrix

The Amazon driver should also be dropping off Chasing the Boogeyman from a Richard Chizmar later tonight too.

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

That’s a great looking puppy! Congratulations!

We lost two of our pack in January of this year, one week apart. The first was only with us a year and we took her in from my wife’s grandparents who couldn’t take care of her any longer. The second was the heart and soul of the house and was a pretty hard hit. We still have two other dogs, a rabbit, and a year-old disabled cat. We’ve thought about a getting a puppy, but we’re just not ready yet. Maybe one day.
    It's hard losing a pet. For me they've always been more than just a pet - they're family.

When I got divorced, my ex tossed all of our cats (I could only take mine - I had him prior to that relationship) outside. They were all declawed house cats. They stood no chance. Still infuriates me.

Olive was my best friend - I still believe I was more devastated when she passed than I was for family members.

One day you'll find the room again for another.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Last weekend, we did another marathon drive back to Washington - 1300 miles each way.

The reason - to pick up this little bundle of joy:
    IMG_5534.JPG

Her name is Rocinante (or Roci for short.) She just turned seven weeks old yesterday and is proving to be a lot of fun and quite the handful. I forgot how puppies were.

My brother sent us a text message last month about finally getting a new dog (his dog, Koda, passed away a few years ago) and I thought it would be fun to get a sibling from the same litter, if available. And there were two black females left, so my wife and I talked, and the next thing you knew, we were driving to Washington to pick her up.

Ember, my brother's dog, is the little charcoal lab in the lower right hand corner.

We tried to avoid the breeder situation, but after so many failed and frustrating attempts at a rescue, we gave up.

After my Olive passed away in March of last year, it took us awhile before we wanted another dog. Roci is the perfect fit - even if the two cats disagree.
    That’s a great looking puppy! Congratulations!

We lost two of our pack in January of this year, one week apart. The first was only with us a year and we took her in from my wife’s grandparents who couldn’t take care of her any longer. The second was the heart and soul of the house and was a pretty hard hit. We still have two other dogs, a rabbit, and a year-old disabled cat. We’ve thought about a getting a puppy, but we’re just not ready yet. Maybe one day.

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Very sweet!!

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Last weekend, we did another marathon drive back to Washington - 1300 miles each way.

The reason - to pick up this little bundle of joy:
    IMG_5534.JPG

Her name is Rocinante (or Roci for short.) She just turned seven weeks old yesterday and is proving to be a lot of fun and quite the handful. I forgot how puppies were.

My brother sent us a text message last month about finally getting a new dog (his dog, Koda, passed away a few years ago) and I thought it would be fun to get a sibling from the same litter, if available. And there were two black females left, so my wife and I talked, and the next thing you knew, we were driving to Washington to pick her up.

Ember, my brother's dog, is the little charcoal lab in the lower right hand corner.

We tried to avoid the breeder situation, but after so many failed and frustrating attempts at a rescue, we gave up.

After my Olive passed away in March of last year, it took us awhile before we wanted another dog. Roci is the perfect fit - even if the two cats disagree.
    Beautiful pup, congratulations! the cats love him, they have to play tough to set boundaries!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X