Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
    Yes, please!
    Done - started off with a couple of general views of my little Shop of Horrors under a new thread It's nice to be able to share my stuff with others of a similar mind (not many of those over here in Oz - unless they're all hiding under rocks .. hahaha).

Comment

Originally posted by Grant Wootton View Post
      (not many of those over here in Oz - unless they're all hiding under rocks .. hahaha).
      Ahh...but there are a few of us down here.

Comment

Originally posted by PaulB View Post
        Ahh...but there are a few of us down here.
        We seem to be few and far between though, mores a pity

Comment

Hey Grant,what is the large book that has the Whelan illustration on the spine.That illo is on the D.J. of Horror Story vol three {underwood-miller}.Thanks,Mark.

Comment

Originally posted by beabohema View Post
            Hey Grant,what is the large book that has the Whelan illustration on the spine.That illo is on the D.J. of Horror Story vol three {underwood-miller}.Thanks,Mark.
            Hiya Mark - That beauty is the artists edition of Knowing Darkness - The Art of Stephen King, the photo you can see is the spine of the clam shell casing, and man, it's one h u g e bad boy of a book (weighs in at around maybe 20 kilograms all up) - really, it is a piece of art even before the interior book and portfolio are taken out. Cemetery Dance still may have a couple of the unsigned books in their warehouse (they were selling the remaining copies from Centipede Press they had just a couple of weeks back). If you're into SK related art, you can't go past this one. Funnily enough, I also have the Horror Story V 3 (a couple of others, too) ... I''l be posting pics of the Knowing Darkness under my Collections thread later if you're interested . Cheers, Grant

Comment

My latest:

DSCF0122.jpg

This is actual size. That crazy Thunderstorm Books publisher!

The only problem is that is it gets lost on a bookshelf.

But I love it.
              "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Very nice

Comment

Originally posted by Grant Wootton View Post
                  Hiya Mark - That beauty is the artists edition of Knowing Darkness - The Art of Stephen King
                  That's a fantastic book. I bought it thinking I'd just browse through it looking at the artwork, but the artists' life stories are really well done and very interesting to read.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
                    That's a fantastic book. I bought it thinking I'd just browse through it looking at the artwork, but the artists' life stories are really well done and very interesting to read.
                    Totally agree, it's something more than a book of art, for sure

Comment

Just got today:

51Z5OmbIgDL__SS500_.jpg

To go along with the Hemingway collection from Easton Press. I'm sure I'll get around to it someday. I thought about waiting til Nov. 30 to get the leather-bound edition, but figured by then there'd be a signed/limited out there I'd want for that price.
                      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

So not too long ago I discovered a book shop in the area the sells new and used books in English. Their horror/fantasy section is limited but I was able to pick up this, all for a grand total of about $15.

IMG_4280.jpg

Comment

The pb Firestarter is unread and in perfect condition, except for some minor color flaking on the cover (seems that in a few spots the blank ink has flaked, but very minor). And I just love the artwork in The Waste Lands:

IMG_4281.jpg

Comment

And this came a few days ago as well. Just had to get it since I loved the first volume!

IMG_4282.jpg

Comment

Great stuff, Squire & Pete.
                              Congratulations!!

sk

Comment

Nice grabs everyone!

Comment

Working...
                                X