Post Your Latest Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jhanic View Post
    It's the UK 1st/1st, dated 1974. There were between 500 and 1000 copies done.

John
    Nice catch, John!

I was at the Goodwill store in Reno, NV a few weeks ago and someone had donated their Stephen King collection. I was checking each book for signatures and/or first editions. I came across what looked like a first edition (US) of Carrie, but it turned out it was a book club edition. So close!

Comment

Dave, I understand your frustration! That's happened to me more than once!

John

Comment

IMG_0572.jpg

I do believe I'm getting carried away with my new hobby/obsession. (Insert Vincent Price evil laugh here)!!!!

Comment

People that ship books in bubble mailers should be drawn and quartered.

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
            People that ship books in bubble mailers should be drawn and quartered.
            LOL!! Totally agree. My jaw dropped as I saw the mailman approach. Thank goodness it was double "bagged" and bubble wrapped inside of the mailer and arrived damage free.

Comment

So what's in them??

John

Comment

Originally posted by jhanic View Post
                So what's in them??

John
                Gift Edition of Desperation from Grant, Gift Edition of Full Dark, No Stars from CD, The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon Pop-up, Dark Tower VII Signed Artist Edition (nice clean copy but selling as most of my DT 1st Ed.'s are still shrink-wrapped and my "analness" requires that this one be as well . Thought I could let it fly but it will drive me nuts lol), copy of Christine from PS (selling also because I've since bought into a matching #'ed set with future rights to the same number), and finally, but not lastly, a few works from our pal Brian at CD :-). Added a few pics on my collection page and should have a few more titles arriving throughout the rest of the week and possibly beyond!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                  Gift Edition of Desperation from Grant, Gift Edition of Full Dark, No Stars from CD, The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon Pop-up, Dark Tower VII Signed Artist Edition (nice clean copy but selling as most of my DT 1st Ed.'s are still shrink-wrapped and my "analness" requires that this one be as well . Thought I could let it fly but it will drive me nuts lol), copy of Christine from PS (selling also because I've since bought into a matching #'ed set with future rights to the same number), and finally, but not lastly, a few works from our pal Brian at CD :-). Added a few pics on my collection page and should have a few more titles arriving throughout the rest of the week and possibly beyond!!!
                  Be careful leaving books in shrink-wrap.....and this is probably a personal preference thing. I've seen the wrap stick to the jacket as it ages and it's not pretty trying to get it off without damage to the jacket. I've also seen books left in wrap and there were manufacturing defects that weren't previously known because the wrap was never removed; by then it's too late to rectify the problem with the publisher/seller. Just my .005 cents.

Comment

Originally posted by subie09lega View Post
                    Be careful leaving books in shrink-wrap.....and this is probably a personal preference thing. I've seen the wrap stick to the jacket as it ages and it's not pretty trying to get it off without damage to the jacket. I've also seen books left in wrap and there were manufacturing defects that weren't previously known because the wrap was never removed; by then it's too late to rectify the problem with the publisher/seller. Just my .005 cents.
                    I appreciate your opinion because to be honest, I've never thought about that but I can see now where that'd cause a real issue. Especially down the road on the secondary market. Matter of fact, I think I'll start a tread on it and gather even more opinions if there isn't already one out there.

Comment

IMG_0569.jpg
                      I remember watching these cartoons on Saturday mornings when i was a kid. The pub date is 1968. Good times, great cartoons!

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]17169[/ATTACH]
                        I remember watching these cartoons on Saturday mornings when i was a kid. The pub date is 1968. Good times, great cartoons!
                        Cool stuff!

Comment

Received my The Gunslinger 1st/1st today. The book is in very good condition with a NF DJ but then I discovered this on the inside cover and my heart sank. How big of a deal breaker is this before I get ahold of this guy and go postal? Thanks.

The Gunslinger 1st-1st with Writing..jpg

Comment

I'd go postal like yesterday. That should have been mentioned right from the get go. I would guess you did not pay $20.00 to get this book and paying 1st/1st dollars to get this, it absolutely should have been mentioned. That's just my 2 cents. Mike

Comment

If the writing in Gunslinger was not mentioned, I would be very upset.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike88 View Post
                                I'd go postal like yesterday. That should have been mentioned right from the get go. I would guess you did not pay $20.00 to get this book and paying 1st/1st dollars to get this, it absolutely should have been mentioned. That's just my 2 cents. Mike
                                Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                                If the writing in Gunslinger was not mentioned, I would be very upset.
                                Thanks guys. I'm extremely upset and beside myself so that I can't even see straight right now. And you're correct Mike, it wasn't a $20.00 purchase by a long shot and the writing wasn't mention at all at the time of purchase. My next question is how much does this affect the value of the book? Honestly I'm so pissed right now I don't even want the damn thing but if it's still of value I guess I should keep it.

Comment

Working...
                                X