X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post

And then on Thursday:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16883[/ATTACH]
    Don Winslow - The Power of the Dog and The Cartel.

I'm excited to try some new authors out, but unfortunately my to be read pile is getting out of control.
    I just read The Cartel last week - awesome book! Winslow recently took out a full page ad in The Washington Post calling for an end to the war on drugs, and having read his books, I can see why.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
      He did say it was a continuation of the first novel, but I haven't read either yet so I can't say. I'll probably dive into these after I finish my current read - DUNE.
      Yeah, same protagonist...but the circumstances of his plight are much more international and adventuresome rather than regional and noir...at least that's what I gathered from the synopsis and various reviews of the new book. I could be way off, I don't know, but with already too much to read I didn't want to gamble, so I'll just wait 'til it comes out in tpb or pick the HC up @ Half-Price Books at some point down the road...unless I get in a Ludlum-kinda-mood and need a quick fix.
      Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Wife and I popped into a yard sale near our house and of course, I head straight to the books.... grabbed John Saul's Suffer The Children, as well as a collection title Night Screams
        Last edited by TJCams; 07-14-2015, 03:12 PM.

Comment

IMG_0531.jpg
          Already peeked at Savages. K.J. Parker is wicked. getting ready for Fantasy overload!

Comment

Since I ordered Cemetery Dance's new collection from Owen King, I decided to track down the Gauntlet Pres version of Double Feature. This was a lot easier than expected since they still have copies in stock.

IMG_7441.JPG

I haven't read anything from Owen, but it'll be nice to add to my collection. Now to e-mail Mindy and see if I can get the same number.

(I also received by copy of Go Set A Watchman. I'm really torn by this novel because of the circumstances behind its publication. It also bothers me that so many news agencies and websites refer to it as a sequel, when it's not. I am going to treat it as the Beta Version of Mockingbird. And I find all sorts of behind the scenes features quite interesting, so it'll be fascination to see what Mockingbird originally looked like.)

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]16909[/ATTACH]
              Already peeked at Savages. K.J. Parker is wicked. getting ready for Fantasy overload!
              Very nice additions!
              I'm back to work on my fantasy collection again, which I have hardly touched in years until recently. It's almost like starting anew since I started my limited edition collection with horror mostly. So many Sub. Press books, it's daunting

Comment

I got my signed trade edition of King's Finders Keepers yesterday. That gives me 99 King signatures.

John

Comment

^Very nice John. You've almost reached triple digits!

Comment

Originally posted by jhanic View Post
                    I got my signed trade edition of King's Finders Keepers yesterday. That gives me 99 King signatures.

John
                    WOW!!!!! That's impressive to say the least...good job!

Comment

Wow !!! I'm only 96 behind you. .
                      Originally posted by jhanic View Post

John

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                        Wow !!! I'm only 96 behind you. .
                        I'm catching up too, only 98 to go

Comment

Thanks, everyone!

John

Comment

Yesterday I received a beautiful book from Subterranean Press - Alan Moore's Voice of the Fire. While I've read most of Moore's comic book stuff, I've never read any of his books. Looking forward to giving this a spin (as soon as I'm finished with Armada first. Maybe.)

IMG_7460.JPG IMG_7462.JPG

I've always loved what Dave McKean can do art wise. The man is a genius, especially when you look at what he was able to do before computers. I'm amazed to this day that he made these giant creations for the original arc of Gaiman's Sandman.

Comment

Sweet! I've only read his graphic novels also. Nice add!
                              "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                                Sweet! I've only read his graphic novels also. Nice add!
                                Thanks!

No pictures, but today I received a copy a book that Richard Chizmar was raving about on his Facebook a few weeks ago - The Loney by Andrew Hurley. I don't know anything else other than the description from the publisher's site, but it sounded intriguing and I tracked down a copy for what I feel was a decent price.

http://www.tartaruspress.com/loney.htm

Comment

Working...
                                X