• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    Not sure if it counts as a purchase, but I totally paid for it yesterday:

ABDOMEN - VENTRAL_DORSAL.jpg

Here's the inside of my dog Rocinante.

It seems she is having issues pooping. I fully expected one, maybe two, cat toys stuck somewhere (this dog eats/chews everything - her toys, her blankets, the blinds, her bed . . .) but we lucked out and the vet says it's just gas and more poops.

Still waiting for her to be "normal" again - but for the time being she's eating the tasty and delicious diet of boiled chicken and white rice, hold the flavor. (For the record, her dinner last night actually cost more than ours.)

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    yesterday, I was handed a resume at work (we're looking another person to do what I do) and the kid graduated high school in 2016. Quickly doing some math and I realized that as much as I fight it, I'm old.

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post

Damn, I am old!
    er...LOL!

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
    Thanks Martin, it is a great book. Hard to believe it was published 18 years ago!

Mike
    Damn, I am old!

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Thanks Martin, it is a great book. Hard to believe it was published 18 years ago!

Mike

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Like most of the folks on our forum, I hardly buy any Stephen King items....HA!! LOL, really true in my case. However, I recently picked up a truly neat book that has a great Stephen King Signature. I really like Charles L. Grant!

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2713769-quietly-now
    Beautiful book! Still the lowest price I have paid for a book with King's signature. Issue price was $40. Congratulations!

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Like most of the folks on our forum, I hardly buy any Stephen King items....HA!! LOL, really true in my case. However, I recently picked up a truly neat book that has a great Stephen King Signature. I really like Charles L. Grant!

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2713769-quietly-now

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Not sure why the attached file keeps showing up. I cannot seem to make it go away.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Here are a few items that showed up today.

Graphic Novel of Sour Candy by KPB and signed by John Carpenter and Sandy King:

Night Terrors Cover.jpg

Undertow Publications PC Copy of To Drown in Dark Water by Steve Toase:

DJ
    To Drown in Dark Water DJ.jpg

PC.jpg
    Cool Looking End papers
    Endpapers.jpg
    Without DJ.jpg
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Ben Staad; 03-01-2022, 01:02 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    The publisher was nice enough to find me a PC copy of this. Never bought from them before but it's a nice looking production.Book has a gnarly corner bump. I'm assuming that happened in transit.

ATDC Cover.jpgATDC No DJ.jpg
    ATDC Endpapers.jpgATDC Sig Page.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Received in a trade edition of The Shipbuilder of Bellfairie by M. Rickert from Undertow Press. It's a nice looking trade book and I was surprised that it was flat-signed by the author.

IMG_20220122_082110.jpgIMG_20220122_082042.jpg

Leave a comment:

• mulleins
    replied
    Yesterday (during a small snowstorm) my wife and I decided to watch a throwback movie and kickback a little. Funny enough, it was The Gate we watched.

Now I visit here, and that's the conversation. Too funny.

As mentioned already, it's loosely related to the book, but does stand on it's own. If you've never read The Club Dumas, I recommend it.

Mulleins

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    I enjoyed the movie as a stand alone effort vaguely related to the book.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    I wish I could have read it in Spanish. It is an all time favorite. The Ninth Gate is sort of based on the book.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ninth_Gate
    Though I hear the book is vastly better than the Depp movie. I actually think I've seen the movie, but the fact that I can't remember much, if anything, about it probably says it all.

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    I wish I could have read it in Spanish. It is an all time favorite. The Ninth Gate is sort of based on the book.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ninth_Gate
    Last edited by mhatchett; 01-20-2022, 01:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X