No announcement yet.

Post Your Latest Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats on the purchase of Dune. It's one of my favourites. I own several books from Folio and a couple of their "Fine" editions as well as several of their LE's and they are all top quality made from the best materials IMO. Their customer service is impeccable. Did you also get a poster with this? For me the price is too high (maybe due to the Herbert estate) so I'll wait until it goes on sale or maybe obtain it through the secondary market. Although I am still tempted to get this and they just came out with A Wrinkle In Time with an introductory price of 10% off so who knows, might just do a payment plan or something lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Julzz View Post
      Congrats on the purchase of Dune. It's one of my favourites. I own several books from Folio and a couple of their "Fine" editions as well as several of their LE's and they are all top quality made from the best materials IMO. Their customer service is impeccable. Did you also get a poster with this? For me the price is too high (maybe due to the Herbert estate) so I'll wait until it goes on sale or maybe obtain it through the secondary market. Although I am still tempted to get this and they just came out with A Wrinkle In Time with an introductory price of 10% off so who knows, might just do a payment plan or something lol.
      This was my first Folio edition book. There are few others that I would like to own, but they aren't must haves.

I did get the poster! I actually thought that they had forgot about it (and I thought what the posted was packed in was just a spacer chunk of cardboard - nope) but they packed it. Glad I didn't freak out. The GF loved the bonus free journal and note cards (I asked if she wanted them when I ordered the book and she wasn't too impressed and said she would pass. But she still took them.)

Here's something that I picked up today - not books but equally fun (and hopefully books won't become as rare and/or niche as these) - while camping last weekend, I got to talking with a friend of a friend and somehow we got onto the subject of LaserDiscs (anyone else remember these?) Long story short, I was offered of these for free which I picked up this morning:

lds.jpg
      There are approximately 120 movies; some I already own, but most I don't. And they all seem to be in pretty great condition.

ld_player.jpg
      Plus he gave me a player which I just fired up to see if it even works. Which it does AND it's a double sided player too - that was a surprise. You kids and your DVDs and Blurays don't know how good you have it.

Comment

Nice, I ordered the Folio Dune as well and also received the poster.
        I'm a sucker for any nice editions of Dune and thought they did a great job with this one. It's nice to see some new artwork for a change.

Comment

I've never read DUNE but have intended to for a very long time...am thinking about picking up the B&N leatherette edition...perhaps not quite as nice as the Folio edition (which I did give some thought to) but still nice, I think, and considerably cheaper.
          Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Dune is one of my favorite books. Not a fan of the "series", I really think it was meant to be a stand alone. The 2nd and 3rd were OK, Dune Messiah, Children of Dune, but neither had the punch, the thrill of Dune. I re-read every few years. Dune, The Stars my Destination, Starship Troopers, these titles set the bar for Science Fiction for me anyway. Great Book, enjoy it!

Comment

I have Dune in pb, and may bring it with me camping this weekend. I also want to get my hands on Seveneves as it looks like a really cool story.

Comment

Package came in from Centipede Press today. Plus I picked up the two Fantasy novels, lots of reading on tap this week!
                DSCN2738.jpg
                DSCN2739.jpg

Comment

Very cool, I've been waiting for my Rats set.

Comment

Nice grabs, Mike!

Comment

Finally received the 2 book's I pre-ordered through B&N The Water Knife & Seveneves both signed. Needless to say I wasn't too pleased in the condition Seveneves arrived in. Some papers internally were folded or slightly ripped. But these are the risk we take when ordering through a big box store. Too much of a hassle to return since I live in Canada, will just have to suck it up. Also received Is There A Demon In You? Started reading it already and so far so good. Enjoying it so far. Will probably follow up with The Water Knife once I finish this.
                      Last edited by Julzz; 06-06-2015, 10:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Julzz View Post
                        Finally received the 2 book's I pre-ordered through B&N The Water Knife & Seveneves both signed. Needless to say I wasn't too pleased in the condition Seveneves arrived in. Some papers internally were folded or slightly ripped. But these are the risk we take when ordering through a big box store. Too much of a hassle to return since I live in Canada, will just have to suck it up. Also received Is There A Demon In You? Started reading it already and so far so good. Enjoying it so far. Will probably follow up with The Water Knife once I finish this.
                        I would at least call B&N and voice my displeasure. Who knows, they may send you a replacement copy!

John

Comment

Based on a few of my experiences with B&N they won't care if you're unhappy. It's unfortunate. Maybe you'll have better luck than I have had.

Comment

I'm infested with Rats thanks to Jerad at Centipede Press.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X