No announcement yet.

Post Your Latest Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Both books are stunning. I think I like A Simple Plan most of the first batch of Lettered Editions, the white leather is just pure class to me.

Comment

Went on a micro-spending spree today. Used three of my Early Reader coupons for Brothers by Gorman and Chizmar, Bad Bratwurst , and What Rough Beast. I've been really enjoying the White Noise chapbooks so I'm glad I stumbled upon those two on the site.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
        Went on a micro-spending spree today. Used three of my Early Reader coupons for Brothers by Gorman and Chizmar, Bad Bratwurst , and What Rough Beast. I've been really enjoying the White Noise chapbooks so I'm glad I stumbled upon those two on the site.
        Nice - I haven't used any of mine.......yet. Haven't really shopped too hard yet though.

Comment

Picked up my very first Cemetery Dance lettered edition. Even though there were aspects of the book that bugged me (diving inaccuracies specifically,) I did enjoy Submerged, and found one on eBay at a really good price. And while it's not that much different than the regular signed version, it is still a very sweet looking book.

IMG_7160.JPG IMG_7161.JPG

IMG_7162.JPG IMG_7163.JPG

IMG_7164.JPG IMG_7165.JPG

Comment

And while not specifically a new purchase (and one that a few of you have,) I did want to show off my copy of Hugh Howey's Wool from Subterranean Press. I have heard a few people getting different numbers in their set (maybe they didn't buy directly?) but all three books that I received had the same number.

What I like about mine is that I also got mine signed by the artist - Jason Gurley. These books are how I discovered that Jason is not only an artist, he's a writer too, and one morning I accidentally discovered that he was going to be up in my area (albeit a two hour or so drive north,) I went up to where he was and got him to sign the Wool books and one of his novels. (Jason mentioned that he had one signed one other set of Wool and that was from a reader in Argentina who sent his books up to Portland to be signed.)

IMG_7167.JPG IMG_7168.JPG

IMG_7169.JPG IMG_7170.JPG

IMG_7171.JPG IMG_7172.JPG

His most recent novel Eleanor has been picked up by a major publisher and will be released in January. Jason usually writes speculative futuristic fiction, but Eleanor is a different kind of story. One that he has said is his most personal and took him about thirteen years to write. If you're looking for someone new, I'd recommend some of his short story collections.

I'd love to see one (or all) of his collections receive a nice Cemetery Dance edition. HINT HINT.

Comment

Awesome!
              I especially love the Submerged lettered.
              Thanks for sharing.

sk

Comment

It is a really nice book. The same seller had matching letters of A Simple Plan and The Ruins that is so so so tempting.

Comment

My latest (an anniversary present to myself) the UK proof of Finders Keepers:

Front:

Back:

It is numbered, but I am not divulging the number. There was no limitation.

John

Comment

I stopped into a local bookstore (Coles - part of the Indigo/Chapters chain), and low and behold - they had Scarlet Gospels on the shelf - even though the release date isn't until today (May 19th).

I brought this up to the clerk at the store, and they told me in most cases there aren't really any embargos in place on when they can actually put the books on the shelf? I guess it depends on the author, publisher, etc. So, it made for a nice long weekend, even though I didn't start it yet. (Victoria Day in Canada yesterday).

Comment

The last time I can remember an embargo being strictly enforced was Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Most of the chain stores aren't going to break the release date for best-sellers, but that's mostly out of habit because there's really no penalty for doing so.

Comment

The Chapters group of stores have a tendency these days to put the book out when it arrives. I've seen some out 3 weeks before release date.

Comment

Yesterday, a book came that has been proving to be a bit more elusive than one would expect (although, I haven't looked super hard for it either) and after Powell's failed me, I finally located a copy on eBay and it's in really great condition.

IMG_7181.jpg

I've been on a bit of an Ellison kick this year, so this is the latest to add to my every growing Ellison shelf.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                            What I like about mine is that I also got mine signed by the artist - Jason Gurley.
                            Nice -- it was the dj art that ultimately sold me on the set, rather than opting for the cheaper trade paperbacks for my first encounter with Howey's work.
                            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Latest purchase, arrived yesterday. Really like the dj art on this one.

IMAG0330_zpsxe7adenm.jpg

IMAG0334_zps2zwhizod.jpg

IMAG0331_zpsm07gotrl.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Lincoln View Post
                                Latest purchase, arrived yesterday. Really like the dj art on this one.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16757[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16758[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16759[/ATTACH]
                                Very nice!

Comment

Working...
                                X