Post Your Latest Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Plasticine View Post
    Finally, I decided to get the Bernie Wrightson illustrated edition of Frankenstein. I was a bit worried about the quality since it was put together by a comic book publisher, but I shouldn't have. This mammoth cloth bound hardcover is gorgeous. The materials are all top notch and they make Wrightson's art absolutely pop off the page. It's a really gorgeous trade edition worth adding if you're a fan of Wrightson.

I love my copy of this. It's a awesome book.
    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
      Nice adds! It looks like the edition of Lights Out from Thunderstorm is from their Hard Rain line, which was a budget alternative to the Black Voltage line. I believe they did do a Black Voltage edition, though I don't know readily available it is on the secondary market.

Keeping on the Nate Southard topic, Sinister Grin is going to be releasing a limited edition of Scavengers this year. I've never picked up a book from them before. Anybody have any feedback as to their quality?
      Thank you.

I didn't know Thunderstorm did two editions. Their website only lists one, but then their website isn't very helpful for their old editions. I think I'll keep an eye out for the more deluxe edition later on. The "budget" version will do for now.

I have Scavengers on pre-order at Camelot. I'm definitely curious about the quality of the book. There isn't much in the way of details about what exactly I ordered. I know it'll be a signed hardcover, but that leaves a lot to the imagination. Sinister Grin also did a signed hardcover of Southard's Slab City Event, which I want to get as well. I guess that will depend on how Scavengers turns out.

Comment

Originally posted by Plasticine View Post
        I didn't know Thunderstorm did two editions. Their website only lists one, but then their website isn't very helpful for their old editions. I think I'll keep an eye out for the more deluxe edition later on. The "budget" version will do for now.
        The weird part is that the version listed is actually the Black Voltage edition, which is the deluxe one. I think Paul did did the cheaper versions (which are still quite nice) for a lot of the earlier titles, but has stopped for various reasons.

As far as Scavengers and Sinister Grin titles in general, they make pretty nice books, equivalent to what CD publishes at similar price points, though they do tend to be somewhat smaller physically.

Comment

Thanks for the Sinister Grin feedback, Slayn. I just might have to join Plasticine in a preorder for Scavengers.

In regards to the Hard Rain editions, the books that were made in both Black Voltage and Hard Rain are listed under the Black Voltage section in Thunderstorm ' s gallery page. If you click on the title, it's page will list both books with their respective print runs and price points. I agree that their site can be confusing in regards to the different versions of books they've produced. I think Dead of Night by William Ollie was produced in four different versions, but the site only lists one. I only stumbled on the above info as I cruised their site.

As far as the Hard Rain books themselves, I haven't seen one except in pictures, but I did see a full set on Thunderstorm ' s Facebook page and they are look pretty cool as a set. More uniform spines than the Black Voltage versions.

Plasticine, since you're a Southard fan, Thunderstorm also did a limited of Pale Horses, which is pretty nice and supposed to be a great read.
          Last edited by Sock Monkey; 04-29-2015, 04:37 AM.

Comment

The Thunderstorm page is different. For some reason when I last checked it out, I just got larger images of the book covers when I clicked on them. Right now, it's actually quite useful for most of the books. It looks like there's still quite a few that have no additional details at all. For instance, I'd love to know more about the lettered edition of Bryan Smith's Rock and Roll Reform School Zombies. I can't find anything about that book anywhere.

Thanks, slayn666 for the Sinister Grin feedback. It's nice to hear something positive about their hardcovers. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how Scavengers turns out.

Sock Monkey, I'm definitely in the market for the Thunderstorm edition of Pale Horses. I found a copy that's still reasonably priced. Hopefully it sticks around for a couple of weeks. I unfortunately don't have the funds to snag it right now. Never enough money with this hobby.

Comment

I finally received my signed numbered copy of Jack Ketchum's The Girl Next Door. It was misdirected by the Post Office.

John

Comment

Good to hear, John!

Comment

My thrift store haul today. The poster is AWSOME! $15.00 form Goodwill. the books are just reading copies, except the Cornwell Post-Mortem, which is a fair copy, signed 1st edition. I'm popping that up on ebay. Nice trip, all and all. i really love the poster.
                  IMG_0484.jpg

Comment

Promotional broadside (1500 copies)

John

Comment

Practicing... one day I hope to start a collection thread just like a real boy.

Just received the Whelan artist edition this morning, practically free with the Grant Talisman/Black House

SAM_0840.JPG
                      SAM_0844.JPG
                      SAM_0847.JPG
                      SAM_0850.JPG
                      SAM_0853.JPG
                      SAM_0856.JPG
                      “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
                      -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Dark Tower continued:

SAM_0862.JPG
                        SAM_0865.JPG
                        SAM_0868.JPG
                        SAM_0877.JPG
                        Untitled.png
                        Untitled2.png
                        -John Barth

Comment

continued:

Untitled3.png
                          SAM_0889.JPG
                          SAM_0891.JPG

I have endless respect for those of you who post entire, drool-worthy collections. It's a lot of work, so thank you guys a million times.
                          -John Barth

Comment

Originally posted by bugen View Post
                            Practicing... one day I hope to start a collection thread just like a real boy.

Just received the Whelan artist edition this morning, practically free with the Grant Talisman/Black House

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16678[/ATTACH]
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]16679[/ATTACH]
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]16680[/ATTACH]
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]16681[/ATTACH]
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]16682[/ATTACH]
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]16683[/ATTACH]
                            Stunning!

Comment

Gorgeous book: love it!
                              Congratulations.

sk

Comment

Very nice, bugen! I need to get that edition as well. Might jump on that Grant deal too.

Comment

Working...
                                X