X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    My battery seems to be doing okay. Since I haven't been able to charge it at night (the cord won't stay in,) I've been leaving it on the wireless charger at my desk at work, and while I'm home, it's just "free".

So grateful it was just lint. It's an 11 Pro which isn't old, definitely not new, but I have been trying to not be on the OMG HAVE TO UPGRADE NOW train that so many people are on.
    I have a 12 Pro and I do not think I have ever used the plug. I have a wireless charger in my den (where I work), on my bedside and my car has one built in. Before I went wireless I used to clean out the port with vinyl toothpicks, they worked great.

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    My battery seems to be doing okay. Since I haven't been able to charge it at night (the cord won't stay in,) I've been leaving it on the wireless charger at my desk at work, and while I'm home, it's just "free".

So grateful it was just lint. It's an 11 Pro which isn't old, definitely not new, but I have been trying to not be on the OMG HAVE TO UPGRADE NOW train that so many people are on.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Lucked out NOT having to buy something today. My iPhone's charging port has been fighting me for awhile now, and the other day it just finally stopped working. Planning for the worst (having to buy a new phone) I visited the local Apple Store and they cleaned out the port (SO. MUCH. LINT. GROSS.) and it works like new now.

Less learned - clean your damn charging ports people!
    I had that same issue with my last iPhone (a 7, just upgraded to 13), and had the same solution. Battery life still sucked, but at least it charged like new.

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    Lucked out NOT having to buy something today. My iPhone's charging port has been fighting me for awhile now, and the other day it just finally stopped working. Planning for the worst (having to buy a new phone) I visited the local Apple Store and they cleaned out the port (SO. MUCH. LINT. GROSS.) and it works like new now.

Less learned - clean your damn charging ports people!

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post

Good luck! I double checked to make sure I did not have two, unfortunately I am of no help on your quest.
    Martin your best wishes are always appreciated! Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by mhatchett View Post

Thanks Martin, I've got my eye on one of those, but you know, hope springs eternal HAHA!
    Good luck! I double checked to make sure I did not have two, unfortunately I am of no help on your quest.

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post

You may already be aware of this, or you may have no interest but there are copies of the ARC out there.
    Thanks Martin, I've got my eye on one of those, but you know, hope springs eternal HAHA!

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
    Not a new purchase, but a hopefully future purchase, does anyone have a copy of James Brian Freeman's Halloween Carnival that they might consider parting with?
    Thanks,
    Mike
    You may already be aware of this, or you may have no interest but there are copies of the ARC out there.

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Not a new purchase, but a hopefully future purchase, does anyone have a copy of James Brian Freeman's Halloween Carnival that they might consider parting with?
    Thanks,
    Mike

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Not sure if it's FACT or just one of those old wive's tales, but I've been told that Labs are missing something in their DNA that tells them to stop eating when they're hungry.

My last lab, Olive, ate like a cat. You'd feed her in the morning, and the next day, there was a really good chance that breakfast from the day before was still there. Now Rocinante, complete opposite. We had to buy some of those slow feeder bowls because that dog has no control.
    My Pit/Lab mix eats like the late Olive. Some days I don't think he eats at all.

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    Can't get pictures at the moment (they're on my phone, which is syncing,) but Imajica arrived yesterday.

This book is MASSIVE! I took some pictures comparing it to CD's IT and Imajica is actually a tad thicker. I'm not familiar with the story (never read any Barker before) so I don't have any opinion to how well the art matches the story, but the purple slipcase is amazing. Just absolutely beautiful.

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    Not sure if it's FACT or just one of those old wive's tales, but I've been told that Labs are missing something in their DNA that tells them to stop eating when they're hungry.

My last lab, Olive, ate like a cat. You'd feed her in the morning, and the next day, there was a really good chance that breakfast from the day before was still there. Now Rocinante, complete opposite. We had to buy some of those slow feeder bowls because that dog has no control.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied

Yeah, a black lab. Just turned 8 months old.

Things seem to be returning to normal, it's just a super slow process. I am glad it wasn't anymore more serious.
    Me too. I think goat DNA got mixed in with Lab DNA somewhere in the evolutionary process. They'll eat anything.

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
    She's a Lab, right? Poor puppy. Hopefully she's back to normal soon.
    Yeah, a black lab. Just turned 8 months old.

Things seem to be returning to normal, it's just a super slow process. I am glad it wasn't anymore more serious.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    She's a Lab, right? Poor puppy. Hopefully she's back to normal soon.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X