X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very, very nice, bugen!

John

Comment

Great add, bugen! I really like the family picture of the CD books.

Comment

Not too impressive??? You bet IT is a very impressive book.
        Love the photos you posted.
        And like you, I'm looking forwards to a complete Artist Edition Doubleday King set.

sk

Comment

Originally posted by bugen View Post
          I found me a little honey.

While probably not too impressive for the folks around here, this book may be the highlight of my collection, and a long time in finally getting my copy.

The collection started with 3 books, with the twin goals of luxury and permanence: Easton's Ender's Game, Subterranean's Hyperion, and Cemetery's gift edition of IT. I'm happy to have upgraded IT to the last version I'll ever need, beautifully bound in a supple black leather. If nothing else, that IT situation is now handled.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16520[/ATTACH]
          Absolutely stunning, that is pretty much my holy grail. So yeah, damn impressive to me! Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by bugen View Post
            Thank you Martin! They did such an amazing job with this book.

With IT and Doctor Sleep limiteds, and with the 6 Artist Edition Double-Day books when finished, I'm going to end up with a killer little collection of SK books from CD. They're already cooperating nicely.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16521[/ATTACH]
            They look fantastic together! Any luck matching numbers?

Comment

Just won an eBay auction for a new set of s/l Abarat I and II at an amazing price, especially since I have been considering them at Camelot for $600.

Comment

Thank you guys. I see such awesome stuff around here I figured pics of this might have been posted to death, but it really is jockeying for position as my favorite book.

Originally posted by Theli View Post
                They look fantastic together! Any luck matching numbers?
                No luck with the number on the IT purchase, but I did ask Cemetery to match the DD Artist Editions with Doctor Sleep before Carrie shipped so it's cool they'll be a matching set along with the sequel. I hope one day CD will look into a Firestarter and a Needful Things, and as long as I'm wishing Eyes of the Dragon, all of his short stories and a few more.
                “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
                -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
                  Nice grabs, especially if Carrie is a 1st/1st!

Great shots Plasticine, Stalkers looks great! Not many Antho's in my collection, might one day remedy that, but for now they're not my specific focus.
                  Thanks. I just want to make the books look as cool and beautiful in my photos as I think they are.

Great additions Jhanic, Bugen and TJCams. Bugen, I think that edition of It is incredibly impressive. I would love to someday add a copy to my collection.

Comment

No pictures - but I acquired a couple of new books via eBay recently -

American Gods 10th Anniversary Edition - signed by Neil Gaiman. One of those "whoops forgot to watch auction" items and still somehow got it at a great price.
                    Hornbook - Harlan Ellison - slowing acquiring a Harlan Ellison collection and found this hardcover at a great "best offer" price.

And then today a box from Cemetery Dance arrived (what, no more Uline boxes? ) -

Submerged - Thomas F Monteleone - #83 out of 750 copies. I've never ready anything by him before, but the price was right and it's a nice looking book.

Comment

So, this isn't a purchase. . . yet. I need opinions (meaning I need to hear other collectors agree with me that it's worth it to spend money I don't have). I have been looking for a lettered Thief of Always for years. I have never seen one for sale. There is one on Ebay, but the seller is asking $600, which is definitely high. This book is one of my grails. Only 26 of them, and, according to Barker's official site, they were reserved "for private distribution only." It is in mint condition--looks brand new. I should go for it, shouldn't I?

I know that if anybody will help me justify this purchase, it's all of you.

Comment

Originally posted by jigertz View Post
                        So, this isn't a purchase. . . yet. I need opinions (meaning I need to hear other collectors agree with me that it's worth it to spend money I don't have). I have been looking for a lettered Thief of Always for years. I have never seen one for sale. There is one on Ebay, but the seller is asking $600, which is definitely high. This book is one of my grails. Only 26 of them, and, according to Barker's official site, they were reserved "for private distribution only." It is in mint condition--looks brand new. I should go for it, shouldn't I?

I know that if anybody will help me justify this purchase, it's all of you.
                        Well, I think it all comes down to whether the book is worth that amount to you. Or, in other words, will you be okay with spending that much on the book. I have no idea what a lettered edition of The Thief of Always typically goes for, but you do say that it is one of your grails so a little overspending wouldn't be out of the question. I did see that there is a "Best Offer" option on the listing so maybe you could shave a little off the price that way.

Good luck with the decision!

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                          Well, I think it all comes down to whether the book is worth that amount to you. Or, in other words, will you be okay with spending that much on the book. I have no idea what a lettered edition of The Thief of Always typically goes for, but you do say that it is one of your grails so a little overspending wouldn't be out of the question. I did see that there is a "Best Offer" option on the listing so maybe you could shave a little off the price that way.

Good luck with the decision!
                          I agree, it all comes down to what you think it's worth. Definitely go for a lower offer and save a bit for yourself, but if it's money you don't have then make sure you know how it'll be paid for in the near future. Looks like a cool edition.

Comment

You can all rest easy--I got it
                            Even got the seller to go down $100.

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

Originally posted by jigertz View Post
                                You can all rest easy--I got it
                                Even got the seller to go down $100.
                                Very nice! Congrats!

Comment

Working...