No announcement yet.

Post Your Latest Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got my grab bag today too. Mostly the same except instead of the SK Movie Trivia and Weak and Wounded, I got Kinsmen and Lucifer's Lottery. These are always a great deal.

Comment

I rarely do the grab-bag thing anymore, it just never worls out for me finanically. Good books, but not ones I'm interested in. I'm happy for the folks who get good deals, but i'd rather apply my cash to titles I'll be excited to get.
      Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
        I rarely do the grab-bag thing anymore, it just never worls out for me finanically. Good books, but not ones I'm interested in. I'm happy for the folks who get good deals, but i'd rather apply my cash to titles I'll be excited to get.
        Mike
        I agree most of the time, though some specific grab bags I may jump on, like another Stephen King one, or an ARC one.

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
          I agree most of the time, though some specific grab bags I may jump on, like another Stephen King one, or an ARC one.
          I would love to have another ultimate SK grab bag!
          “Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.”
          — Roland Deschain
          Wanted
          The following Cemetery Dance ARC: Full Dark, No Stars, Doctor Sleep

Comment

Bookworm, That is an awesome pic. That is a bodacious set up. sorry I just watched Bill and teds excellant adventure. Truly though I really like it. cogratulatioms/

Comment

Thrift store buys at lunch today. The copy of Killer Angels is an Easton edition published in 1996. Hard to find and expensive.
              IMG_0434.jpgIMG_0433.jpg

Comment

I love Drake's Hammer Slammers books!

John

Comment

Originally posted by jhanic View Post
                  I love Drake's Hammer Slammers books!

John
                  I've had the Night Shade books collections for years now and have not read them. Gotta move them up on the list.

Comment

Only Drake I've read was a pastiche of Robert E. Howard Cormac Mac Art, great read. Not as good as the master himself though.

Comment

I enjoy Drake. My two favorite books are From the Heart of Darkness, Tor 1983 and Balefires, Nightshade, 2007. Both are short story collections and contain some of his best work. There is some overlap between the collections, but they're both pretty affordable, so I would probably pick up both if you're interested in his work. His Vietnam horror, weird fiction really struck a chord with me when I first read him. He served with the 11th ACR in Vietnam and Cambodia and collaborated with Karl Edward Wagner on several projects.

Comment

I served in Vietnam and have mild PTSD. I don't read (or watch movies) about Vietnam or any war. I end up with some nightmares at times.

John

Comment

Originally posted by jhanic View Post
                          I served in Vietnam and have mild PTSD. I don't read (or watch movies) about Vietnam or any war. I end up with some nightmares at times.

John

John, thank you for your service and I am very very sorry for what you have to suffer due to it.

Comment

I enjoy Drake. My two favorite books are From the Heart of Darkness, Tor 1983 and Balefires, Nightshade, 2007. Both are short story collections and contain some of his best work. There is some overlap between the collections, but they're both pretty affordable, so I would probably pick up both if you're interested in his work. His Vietnam horror, weird fiction really struck a chord with me when I first read him. He served with the 11th ACR in Vietnam and Cambodia and collaborated with Karl Edward Wagner on several projects.
                            Interesting. Now that I think on it I'd read a couple other of his short stories in some anthologies, still have yet to read his horror work though. Thanks for the recommendation.

Comment

IMG_0449.jpg
                              Spent the day cleaning up a bookcase I found this weekend.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16491[/ATTACH]
                                Spent the day cleaning up a bookcase I found this weekend.
                                Very nice!

Comment

Working...
                                X